So the time has come for me to start another tour.. unfortunately this tour production thinks everybody operates on ios and they set up our tour schedule using ical, is there a way to sync ical with z10.. if anyone knows of an app or a work around i would gladly appreciate it
    06-01-13 07:52 PM
    Missing sync for Blackberry worked well on the Blackberry Bold 9900.
    It had no problem handling iCal.
    I don't know if it works for OS10.
    You might email them and ask.

Missing sync for Blackberry
    Missing Sync for BlackBerry - Smartphone and Mac Requirements
    06-01-13 08:20 PM
    Just set up caldav in account - advanced

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:21 PM
    I don't use the cloud so that wasn't an option for me. Missing Synch isn't available for the Z10 the last time I looked. I use PIM Backup and Restore to transfer the calendar to iCal. It isn't a true sync, since you are just transferring the Blackberry calendar to iCal.

I backup the calendar on the Blackberry using PIM Backup and Restore, then transfer that file to the Mac, then I import it as a new calendar and delete the old one. I always archive the iCal calendar before doing it so that is saved.
    06-01-13 08:35 PM
    I tried to get it setup but I kept getting unable to verify issues so I switched over to Google calendar to keep my iPad and BlackBerry in sync

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:52 PM
    heres the thing.. i can sync with google and then sync with z10 on 10.1 only problem is, getting gmail calendar to see ical...
    06-01-13 09:06 PM
    I too can't add my I cloud calendar, it says there is a problem with the caldav server.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:07 PM
    Well I've tried everything, Bottom Line, Apple sucks.. they dont let you do anything without a idevice.... this sucks and im frustrated.. on a good note i guess, miami lost and have to play a game 7... i dont like like miami..lol
    06-01-13 09:56 PM
    Set up a google calendar in ical.
    https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/99358?hl=en
    On your Blackberry's browser go to
    Google Sync
    Download the google sync for Blackberry.
    It's not an elegant solution but it works
    06-02-13 08:12 PM
    Well I've tried everything, Bottom Line, Apple sucks.. they dont let you do anything without a idevice.... this sucks and im frustrated.. on a good note i guess, miami lost and have to play a game 7... i dont like like miami..lol
    How is it Apple's fault? Blackberry could choose to develop a program to sync directly to the Mac if they wanted, they did with BB Desktop manager, in fact, it synced with the included Apple programs for me whereas it didn't sync with the included programs on my Windows machine, I would have been forced to buy Outlook. When I bought the Mac, I plugged in the phone, installed the Desktop manager and synced everything, including notes. Nice.

Now that I have the Z10, I was able to switch devices with the Link software, thankfully, but not sync the calendar or contacts after that.

Blackberry spent too much effort to create software to sync media and documents, all of which are easy to transfer via drag and drop, syncing is not necessary nor desired for most people. Drag and drop is quicker and easier.

As I said before, you can "sync" your calendar using PIM Backup and Restore. It isn't a perfect solution, but it has been working for me. It is sad that Blackberry chose the route of the sheep and decided it was more important to create a program to sync media rather than what the majority of business users, those who have traditionally been Blackberry's user base, needed, the ability to sync contacts and the calendar.
    06-03-13 12:35 PM
    I got a msg from the blackberry missing sync company.
    The existing software does not support the new BB OS (10).
    They are working on a new version that will.
    So near term that's not a solution.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 06-06-13 at 08:36 PM.
    06-04-13 12:38 PM
    I got a msg from the blackberry missing sync compnay.
    The existing software does not support the new BB OS (10).
    They are working on a new version that will.
    So near term that's not a solution.
    It's good to hear they're already working on it. I had checked earlier and saw they didn't yet have a version for the Z10, it's great to know they will support it. Thanks for the info.
    06-04-13 12:45 PM