With the new feature like video calling, I was expecting the number of BBM users would increase...
    It's not going to happen over night. Just give blackberry a chance to get back on its feet. I gained two BBM contacts just today.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 03-01-13 at 10:08 PM.
    03-01-13 12:59 AM
    ^ the exact opposite of my thoughts. I wish I could type all of the features of bbm that make it anything but ridiculous. It's unfortunate that you don't use it....it's an amazingly powerful tool... a text message can't contain an appt attachment, file, voice note, location... group chats. group lists, pics, delivery status and so much more.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    I'm pretty sure the Facebook Messager app on Android does just about all of that.
    03-01-13 05:00 AM
    I had over 200 in the old Nextel 7520 days, mostly business/construction people but almost none are even on BB anymore.

No BBM contacts anymore. Most of my friends moved on.
    03-01-13 05:07 AM
    I'm down to 4 lol one guy at work saw me texting on my X10 the next day he had his own! Gave up the iphone

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 06:10 AM
    Only 5 so far, had many more on my curve years ago.

I think BlackBerry has a tremendous opportunity here, if they were to release BBM for other platforms. It'd be a good incentive to show users from other platforms part of what they're missing while strengthening BBM.
    Drayk and xBURK like this.
    03-01-13 06:32 AM
    I have ZERO.....I had about 70 at one point. Had a 9700 owners group....then most of us switched to a 9800 and/or 9810....group was still going when I switched to a GS3.
    One of the 1st things I wanna do when I get the Z10 (in the states on AT&T) is start a Z10 owners group.....mainly to swap tricks, info, etc......
    03-01-13 07:28 AM
    Only 5 so far, had many more on my curve years ago.

I think BlackBerry has a tremendous opportunity here, if they were to release BBM for other platforms. It'd be a good incentive to show users from other platforms part of what they're missing while strengthening BBM.
    I like this. I think it would be good for BB and unite everyone.
    03-01-13 07:29 AM
    ^^BlackBerry needs more people like you

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:31 AM
    It would be an excellent idea. I think it may even turn a few people to a BlackBerry handset too...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:33 AM
    Agree, if they released an app for Android and iPhone with most, but not all of the features they may gain more converts.
    Drayk and xBURK like this.
    03-01-13 07:40 AM
    What I liked the most about about BBM, was having contacts from different parts of the world. It gave me a chance to get different perspectives on "things".
    Being able to get insight on different cultures from "real" ppl who live it....not a media version......anyway, THIS is why I think BBM is an awesome TOOL......
    It makes the world smaller. Maybe, just maybe helps spread a little humanity...
    xBURK and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    03-01-13 07:48 AM
    On the train home last night there were a number of young school girls all avidly typing away on their Curves into BBM from what I saw. It made me think about how many will when they upgrade remain loyal?
    03-01-13 07:53 AM
    Younger generation tend to use curves, cheap smartphone, hopefully BlackBerry release an os10 equivalent and they all move on to them!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:10 AM
63 123