I wanted to share my experience with my crackberry buddies.

I went on a 4 day trip with my two phones, a BlackBerry Z10 which I've had for a month and an iPhone 5 which I've had for slightly longer.

Day1: My day out starts at 2pm and ends at 1am.
    I left the hotel and used both phones as I normally would. Heavily using BBM, CB forums, whatsapp and twitter on my BlackBerry and Instagram, browsing and twitter and whatsapp on my iPhone.
    By 10pm my BlackBerry was dead (I used it more because of BBM) and by 11 my iPhone was dead too.

Day2: My iPhone charger (lightning cable) stopped working and it's as if the wires from the inside were cut loose from the main lightning port and I had to throw it away. I read on CB forums that whatsapp drained the BlackBerry battery and deleted it. I spent my day with only the Z10 heavily using BBM, browser, twitter again. This time the phone lasted til 11pm.
    I also managed to buy a new lightning cable for the iphone.

Day3: Both phones fully charged at 2pm I went about my usual routine and by 11pm both phones were dead or on 2%. My sister who has an old BlackBerry 9700 uses BBM, twitter and browser still had over half her battery full lol.

Day4: I finally found and bought the BB10 battery cradle charger. This was the answer to all my problems! Whenever the BlackBerry runs out of charge by the end of the day, I just switch out the batteries and everything is perfect. I can't do that with my iPhone and I'll only lose like 3 mins in between restarting the BlackBerry and using it again.

Things I learned from this trip:
    1- The iphone lightning cable is flimsy and BlackBerry's thicker cable feels better and more sturdy.
    2- The only thing the iphone has which my BlackBerry doesnt is instagram but that can be sideloaded or will probably be released soon.
    3- The blackberry battery charging cradle is the best thing created ever.
    4- I don't know how ppl are getting 16 hours on their battery with the BlackBerry.
    5- The z10 can be my only phone. I do not need to carry two phones at all. Especially with the battery problem solved and if my app needs are filled.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with you guys.

Posted via CB10
    GeoB301, bluetroll, sugbo and 7 others like this.
    03-29-13 01:52 PM
    As big of a blackberry Dan that I am, no way I could go back to an older blackberry, the z10 is just simply amazing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:57 PM
    I just received my battery cradle thing today too. Breaking in the new battery now. Glad you love your phone!

Posted on my sexy Zee10 via the CB app
    03-29-13 02:06 PM
    Were you using 3G/4G?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:07 PM
    Were you using 3G/4G?

Posted via CB10
    Always 3G. My phone is the STL 100-1 version which is not LTE ready.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:09 PM
    the only way i can see someone getting insane battery life is being on full bars 3G and full bars WiFi when possible.

glad you like the Z10. it's great! thanks for your review.
    03-29-13 02:15 PM
    Ya the battery life on the Z10 isn't that great for some reason. Every phone I've ever had has lasted longer. Included the iPhone 5 and nexus 4 and the most recent ones.

The Z10 is the only 1 after 2 hours of idling and not being used drops to 95% battery, where as the iPhone would will be 100% or even 99% at times, and the nexus 4 at 97%. Both phones again idle and not being used for 2 hours while at work.

So not sure what's up with the Z10 but it's lasted a lot less then others. I also don't have any push enabled and screen is at 30%

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:19 PM
    My screen is at 60% lol

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:21 PM
    While most people hang their hat on Apps and the iPhone, the reality is as you have discovered the BB Z10 series is simple hard to beat in pure phone experience and use.

I own/use a MacBook Pro Retina | iTouch for my studio music | iPad for my editorial meetings but since 2008 Blackberry as my phone communication choice.

Glad you are enjoying it and happy you shared your experience.
    03-29-13 02:22 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience.
    03-29-13 02:28 PM
    Great review thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:29 PM
    I wanted to share my experience with my crackberry buddies.
    Day4: I finally found and bought the BB10 battery cradle charger. This was the answer to all my problems! Whenever the BlackBerry runs out of charge by the end of the day, I just switch out the batteries and everything is perfect. I can't do that with my iPhone and I'll only lose like 3 mins in between restarting the BlackBerry and using it again.
    You know that you don't even have to take the battery out of the compartment. Just have to plug the cable into your z10 and it'll recharge it as you use it. Just if you're adverse to taking the back cover off.
    MattUK likes this.
    03-29-13 02:46 PM
    Or if you 're on a call and running out of juice... plugging the battery pack in till it's convenient to swap the battery can be a life saver.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:54 PM
    Thats pretty cool. I am pretty sure the people that say they get 16 hours either don't use the phone much at all or on a wifi network.

For hte most part it seems everyone is getting the same battery life.
    03-29-13 04:01 PM
    Ya the battery life on the Z10 isn't that great for some reason. Every phone I've ever had has lasted longer. Included the iPhone 5 and nexus 4 and the most recent ones.

The Z10 is the only 1 after 2 hours of idling and not being used drops to 95% battery, where as the iPhone would will be 100% or even 99% at times, and the nexus 4 at 97%. Both phones again idle and not being used for 2 hours while at work.

So not sure what's up with the Z10 but it's lasted a lot less then others. I also don't have any push enabled and screen is at 30%

Posted via CB10
    It's important to note that the battery indicator in the system settings only seems to report in 5% increments. I'm not sure if it rounds up or down, but I'm going to guess down. So when the battery reads as 95%, you're likely somewhere between 95 and 99% battery life.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    03-29-13 04:21 PM
    Always 3G. My phone is the STL 100-1 version which is not LTE ready.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah our region also gets the STL100-1 model here as well.

While I know this is not the solution, if internet speeds isn't an important factor to you, drop down your network connections to GSM and watch how you will get around 16 hours of battery life.

I've sort of gotten used to constantly switching between 3G and 2G depending on what I need my phone for. Again, not the proper solution but it surely helps.

I also recently bought the battery charger bundle and I will see how that goes.

Posted via CB10
    TheHK likes this.
    03-29-13 04:29 PM
    It rounds down in increments of 2.5%. When for example it gets down in reality to say 73% it will still show as 75% on the built in battery level. Once it's gets past 72.5% it will report the level as 70%.

Get battery guru (or any free battery app) that will give a more accurate level.

With moderate usage on my Z10 I do get between 14 to 18 hours easily.

It's important to note that the battery indicator in the system settings only seems to report in 5% increments. I'm not sure if it rounds up or down, but I'm going to guess down. So when the battery reads as 95%, you're likely somewhere between 95 and 99% battery life.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10

Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    03-29-13 04:38 PM
    good read OP...am curious - was there a time when you needed to pick up the IPhone5 to do something that you couldn't accomplish with the Z10?
    03-29-13 05:01 PM
    good read OP...am curious - was there a time when you needed to pick up the IPhone5 to do something that you couldn't accomplish with the Z10?
    Thanks.. interesting question, nothing that I couldn't do but some things I preferred doing on the iphone such as browsing and emailing using the iphone Gmail app and taking a few pics.. the only thing I used the iphone for and couldn't on my BlackBerry yet was instagram.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:08 PM
    Re changing batteries; I'm certain that if you keep the phone plugged into a wall outlet while switching batteries, it'll stay on, and you won't have to wait for it to restart.
    03-29-13 05:14 PM
    Thats why I have the lightning adaptor on the end of my Blackberry charging cable.. 1 charger, covers 2 phones.
    03-29-13 05:24 PM
    Ya the battery indicator thing of 5% is annoying. But either way the battery does not last as long and yes I have a battery app that tells me more accurately. The phone is about 2-3% less then other phones while just idling. Makes no sense and I have no idea y its like that but it is.

BlackBerry has done more optimization that needs to be done since I know they can fix this. My battery should not drop by 5% almost just idling for 2 hours with full 3g bars.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:46 PM
    I get roughly 16 hours of moderate useage. HSPA+ only. I don't use lte. 8 hours at work with crappy signal. I almost always have the brightness at 0 and is bright enough for me. It's definitely much better outdoors than any of my iphones were. Bluetooth, nfc, and wifi are off (rarely have wifi). I generally only have one or two apps running and when I'm done using them I close them. Screen lock at 30 seconds.

Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.672

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:05 AM