I liked the z10 when I saw pictures and videos of it. But then I got it and something happened!
    IT BLEW MY MIND!
    I'm a fan of the opera mini browser. It's fast, it's light, and easy to use. So when I heard there was no opera mini on bb10 I was disappointed. I went to download the twitter app and saw that it had a lot of bad reviews. So I didn't download anymore. That's when I decided I had no choice than to use my Web browser to use twitter and this made me sad. The twitter page opened and I brought the screen closer to my face...and I said this can't be real. first, the page opened soo fast. I was looking away when it loaded. The twitter page was AWESOME!!! I mean it looked better and felt better than my Twitter app on my os 7 device. It was just...AWESOME!!!! I kept asking myself how is this possible. So I decided to try the Facebook app, at this point I understood what blackberry meant by "optimised browser". Plus I don't understand the screen. How come it's soo clear!? Pls someone should answer me. How come the screen is soo sharp that the pictures in the Web page look...look...look...i don't know the word to use...crystal clear perhaps? I haven't seen something like that before.
    When using my os7 device (the 9380). I used to slow down for the phone. Because I knew the phone would start lagging and start showing the clock. But the z10 makes me feel slow. I swipe left, right, up, minimise, enter the hub, swipe, swipe, swipe. And it never lags. Everything's smooth! I feel betrayed blackberry had to make me go through with that os7.
    I'm a fast typist and I'm saying this with pride. I've never used a physical keyboard blackberry. My first was the storm 2, and then the 9380, and nw the z10. And for the first time, I was typing without looking....yes! on a touch screen. These keys are soo big. And I'm talking portrait mode. The size of the keys in landscape mode is just...scary enormous, so I don't use it. While swiping words upward was cool. What was more cool was when the keyboard started predicting exactly what I wanted to say after some days. I could type a whole sentence by just swiping and not hitting any key. That! Was amazing. But I use it only when I'm typing with one hand.
    Yes, I had seen the adverts showcasing the camera and the time shift thingy. But it doesn't blow your mind until you use it. It actually works and it has never failed me when showing it to my friends. What blew me away about the camera was this. One day I wanted to take a picture of my brother, and his friend was behind him, but I wanted the friend in the shot. So I moved the focus square to his face which was to the side (was shocked at how fluid the square moved). So the camera focuses and I take the shot. And I notice that his friend and things behind were blurred out! OMG!... I wanted to buy a canon 7D just to able to take pictures with that effect. MindBlowing
    Damn...this screen though...sexy!
    I do battery cycles every time I buy a phone. So I started using the phone around 10am and by 7:45pm I was doing everything I could to kill the battery. It just didn't want to die. I heard the battery life was poor. But that wasn't my case. I turned off diagnostics plus we don't have LTE. I always use EGDE. Which is fast enough and only switch to 3G when I need the serious speed. So I'm guessing that's why it lasted soo long.

Is there anyone else like me? I keep turning the phone to its back to make sure it's a blackberry I'm using. It feels like a Samsung S5
    07-08-13 10:32 AM
    I agree that facebook,twiter and many websites render so well on the Z10 browser that the app isn't needed.

Many people underestimate anything BlackBerry, it's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:53 AM
    I'm as well positively shocked by my Z10. Texting with it is a dream. Battery lasts indeed very long, if on 2G even longer. The camera is in my opinion great

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    07-08-13 11:30 AM
    Hdr makes the camera exceptional. It's wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    07-08-13 11:49 AM
    Same here. Most of the time I only use the browser instead of figuring out which apo to use. I am intrigues by the US and always feel crippled when using an android or IPhone. There is little that can be said about the whole experience being disappointing. I fell sorry for all the people who are stuck on 10.0 since they are being cheated of an amazing experience.

Give it some time, buy some stocks while the market is taking apart the figures of the last quarter and understand that by the end of this year and BlackBerry OS 10.2, little will be better on Octacore processors....

Posted via CB10
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    07-08-13 12:03 PM
    I liked the z10 when I saw pictures and videos of it. But then I got it and something happened!
    IT BLEW MY MIND!
    I'm a fan of the opera mini browser. It's fast, it's light, and easy to use. So when I heard there was no opera mini on bb10 I was disappointed. I went to download the twitter app and saw that it had a lot of bad reviews. So I didn't download anymore. That's when I decided I had no choice than to use my Web browser to use twitter and this made me sad. The twitter page opened and I brought the screen closer to my face...and I said this can't be real. first, the page opened soo fast. I was looking away when it loaded. The twitter page was AWESOME!!! I mean it looked better and felt better than my Twitter app on my os 7 device. It was just...AWESOME!!!! I kept asking myself how is this possible. So I decided to try the Facebook app, at this point I understood what blackberry meant by "optimised browser". Plus I don't understand the screen. How come it's soo clear!? Pls someone should answer me. How come the screen is soo sharp that the pictures in the Web page look...look...look...i don't know the word to use...crystal clear perhaps? I haven't seen something like that before.
    When using my os7 device (the 9380). I used to slow down for the phone. Because I knew the phone would start lagging and start showing the clock. But the z10 makes me feel slow. I swipe left, right, up, minimise, enter the hub, swipe, swipe, swipe. And it never lags. Everything's smooth! I feel betrayed blackberry had to make me go through with that os7.
    I'm a fast typist and I'm saying this with pride. I've never used a physical keyboard blackberry. My first was the storm 2, and then the 9380, and nw the z10. And for the first time, I was typing without looking....yes! on a touch screen. These keys are soo big. And I'm talking portrait mode. The size of the keys in landscape mode is just...scary enormous, so I don't use it. While swiping words upward was cool. What was more cool was when the keyboard started predicting exactly what I wanted to say after some days. I could type a whole sentence by just swiping and not hitting any key. That! Was amazing. But I use it only when I'm typing with one hand.
    Yes, I had seen the adverts showcasing the camera and the time shift thingy. But it doesn't blow your mind until you use it. It actually works and it has never failed me when showing it to my friends. What blew me away about the camera was this. One day I wanted to take a picture of my brother, and his friend was behind him, but I wanted the friend in the shot. So I moved the focus square to his face which was to the side (was shocked at how fluid the square moved). So the camera focuses and I take the shot. And I notice that his friend and things behind were blurred out! OMG!... I wanted to buy a canon 7D just to able to take pictures with that effect. MindBlowing
    Damn...this screen though...sexy!
    I do battery cycles every time I buy a phone. So I started using the phone around 10am and by 7:45pm I was doing everything I could to kill the battery. It just didn't want to die. I heard the battery life was poor. But that wasn't my case. I turned off diagnostics plus we don't have LTE. I always use EGDE. Which is fast enough and only switch to 3G when I need the serious speed. So I'm guessing that's why it lasted soo long.

Is there anyone else like me? I keep turning the phone to its back to make sure it's a blackberry I'm using. It feels like a Samsung S5

BlackBerry should use you as an advertisement!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 12:22 PM
    lol some ones happy welcome to BB10 have fun.
    07-08-13 12:32 PM
    Lol yeah well OS7 isn't really much of a comparison. Compare it to maybe an ios or an older android that has been out there for a while. I'm not saying that the browser isn't fast, but a lot of people have already been able to browse pretty well on other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    ihys and Jaws48 like this.
    07-08-13 12:38 PM
    Don't get the reason why the Android needs something like octa core processor....
    The dual core on z10 seems super fluid...don't think even a quad core is needed
    Its all in the OS....android was a good OS before, but has now become really heavy on resources....and QNX is doing a really great job with the z10

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    07-08-13 12:48 PM
    Welcome to the world of smart phones. The Z10 screen is nice but it definitely doesn't blow that of the competition out of the water. Its keyboard is fantastic though.

Anyway, the z10 is not unique to what you describe, you're just too used to bbos, which is just flat out crappy. All modern smart phones these days are more than capable.
    vgorous likes this.
    07-08-13 12:52 PM
    It is pretty pimp though!!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 01:33 PM
    If you use twitter a lot you should buy the Blaq app. It's awesome. Glad you like the z10.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Ben1232 likes this.
    07-08-13 01:40 PM
    That's how I felt about it when it comes to browser, keyboard and responsiveness of the Z10. It's Awesome except for some gripes I can live with for now.

BBX - I Said it!
    07-08-13 01:51 PM
    I keep turning the phone to its back to make sure it's a blackberry I'm using. It feels like a Samsung S5
    LOL. Haha. I laughed when I read this. I also have a BlackBerry Z10 and it's the most amazing phone out there. Plus it's underlying OS litterALLY powers the whole world and is in every innovative cars dashboard. Once i get my hands on a QNX based BMW or Porsche I'll be pimping in style. People need to wake up and smell the roses. It's 2013 and BlackBerry isn't the BlackBerry of yesteryear. Technology is changing at a rapid pace and people just need to realize that BlackBerry isn't behind in this race.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and PrincessCar like this.
    07-08-13 01:53 PM
    Now if I could just get people to see that blackberry has changed their ways...sigh. I'm happy you guys agree with me. Happy I'm not alone. If blackberry as a company folds up, I'm going to be super sad.
    goagray and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-08-13 02:31 PM
    Welcome to the world of smart phones. The Z10 screen is nice but it definitely doesn't blow that of the competition out of the water. Its keyboard is fantastic though.

Anyway, the z10 is not unique to what you describe, you're just too used to bbos, which is just flat out crappy. All modern smart phones these days are more than capable.
    While it's not 1080P like the HTC, it's still bigger than Iphone 5 and with a higher pixel density. It really is very sharp and I've found that does come in handy when rendering full webpages with small print.
    07-08-13 03:02 PM
    While it's not 1080P like the HTC, it's still bigger than Iphone 5 and with a higher pixel density. It really is very sharp and I've found that does come in handy when rendering full webpages with small print.
    The issue is not with sharpness. I find it's with color reproduction and accuracy. For an LCD I've seen better. PPI is very hyped. Anything above 300 is quite good and virtually unnoticeable IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    07-08-13 08:40 PM

Hmm true though. But anyway I just had to move away from my friend who uses an iPhone 5, cause my phone was making her sad. At least that's something.
    bradu1 and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-08-13 08:45 PM
    If you use twitter a lot you should buy the Blaq app. It's awesome. Glad you like the z10.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Thanks a lot. will check for it
    07-08-13 08:48 PM
    The Z10 uses an IPS screen; few phones do. It's a challenge to do it and get acceptable brightness which is why most manufacturers DON'T use IPS.

But IPS has VASTLY superior color fidelity.

BlackBerry solved the problem, and it's responsible for the awesome screen performance on the Zed.
    Pete The Penguin and RECOOL like this.
    07-08-13 08:49 PM
    LOL. Haha. I laughed when I read this. I also have a BlackBerry Z10 and it's the most amazing phone out there. Plus it's underlying OS litterALLY powers the whole world and is in every innovative cars dashboard. Once i get my hands on a QNX based BMW or Porsche I'll be pimping in style. People need to wake up and smell the roses. It's 2013 and BlackBerry isn't the BlackBerry of yesteryear. Technology is changing at a rapid pace and people just need to realize that BlackBerry isn't behind in this race.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. And yeah, blackberry isn't behind anymore. They just need to get the word on the streets. At least for the first time ever I saw a blackberry commercial. I hope they are really pushing hard in the marketing department now
    07-08-13 08:53 PM
    Yeah! I think that's it. Pixel density! I think that's why the pictures on the Web pages are super clear!
    07-08-13 08:59 PM
    The Z10 uses an IPS screen; few phones do. It's a challenge to do it and get acceptable brightness which is why most manufacturers DON'T use IPS.

But IPS has VASTLY superior color fidelity.

BlackBerry solved the problem, and it's responsible for the awesome screen performance on the Zed.
    Nw running to Google IPS
    07-08-13 09:01 PM
    lol some ones happy welcome to BB10 have fun.
    Thank uuuuuuuuu
    07-08-13 09:38 PM
    Actually it does have a 1080p camera.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:48 PM
91 123 ...