Yesterday during my lunch break at a nearby bar and grille, I think I saw a BB10 tester testing out it's voice feature.

Due to my slightly paranormal, I observed this man remove a phone similar to the size of the L-Series out of a pouch case. The case looked similar to the one for the 9930 but in more of a rectangular shape.

I think I spotted a BB10 Tester-2.jpg

Here's the kicker. The guy seemed to be testing the voice recognition feature of the phone. Made sense considering that a bar and grille is a noisy spot - with music, bartending, and chatter. I saw him press a button and ask a few questions. The device seemed to respond, but I couldn't hear if the devices responded back verbally or just through text in the application.

As he was testing, I started to observe the phone from a distance. I couldn't tell if the logo on the back was a BlackBerry, however; it was placed in the center similar to the shot below. I even noticed the camera lens and flash placement which was also similar to this photo. From what I could see, it didn't look like any other phone out there and the case just looked too familiar.

I think I spotted a BB10 Tester-l-series-1.jpg

I could be wrong on this, but I think it was cool to see one in person if this was really the case.
    Just Me and 00stryder like this.
    12-01-12 09:43 AM
    "There's a BB10 in these woods . . ."
    Last edited by DocDRM; 12-01-12 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spell check got me.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    12-01-12 09:50 AM
    Good spot. He was probably an engineer testing BB10 on their network.
    12-01-12 09:51 AM
    lol shoulda just asked him.
    Just Me and mu4e like this.
    12-01-12 06:33 PM
    Wow very cool. It's good you kept your cool and didn't start a commotion.
    12-01-12 06:56 PM
    Damn you lucky son of a gun!!
    12-01-12 07:13 PM
    Did you notice him leave it in the bar?
    Oh sorry, I thought this was iMore.
    12-01-12 07:41 PM
    Perhaps it's possible it was a developer trying out his new app?

The case does disprove this hypothesis however.
    12-02-12 05:59 AM
    Some of them aren't big fans of that. I flat out asked when I saw one and the guy lied through his teeth and denied it... As he was holding it in front of me.
    12-02-12 09:32 AM
    I suppose so, but you don't know till you ask.
    12-02-12 10:47 AM
    I would have taken a pic
    12-02-12 11:07 AM
    I would have taken a pic
    Exactly! This is what I would have done:
    Walked up behind him very quietly, took my phone out and snap a ton of pictures. (Obviously hiding the shutter sound with a fake cough.)
    spike12 likes this.
    12-02-12 11:54 AM
    Walked up behind him very quietly, took my phone out and snap a ton of pictures. (Obviously hiding the shutter sound with a fake cough.)
    or you know, BerryAnnoying xD
    12-02-12 12:31 PM
    Just to be sure, it was a rectangle with rounded corners, right?
    12-02-12 06:57 PM
    I know, right??

Wow very cool. It's good you kept your cool and didn't start a commotion.
    Also a great comment haha
    12-02-12 08:45 PM
    Not sure if it is just excitement, but I saw a guy with a different looking phone than any I have see before and it looked very much like the L Series we have seen. I think he noticed me trying to look at his phone because he turned when he noticed I was looking. Didn't notice any Home type button on the bottom bezel, it was buttonless and my first glance at the back I was a few silver looking "dots".

Again, maybe my imagination, but when he saw me looking he tried to hide it. I am not far from Waterloo, that's why I thought there was a chance it was a BB10 phone
    12-02-12 08:53 PM
    ^ In some bars with intoxication this could leave you out cold on the floor or out back laid by the dumpster. If some other guy came up to me (being a guy) and sneaked a photo of me it would be on!! That's illegal to do and its just creepy!! Paparazzi would have nothing on you doing this that's for sure.

There are so many Android phones that could resemble the L series from afar of say 10ft. Many applications have vocal command support and growing by the day. I'm sure the experience is nice ... but really you could just approach the person up front and ask your questions.
    12-02-12 09:10 PM
    The L-series.

They walk among us.
    aragone79 likes this.
    12-02-12 09:15 PM
    Or someone left it at a bar...
    12-02-12 09:25 PM
    The L-series.

They walk among us.
    That's true, just already feel it, touch it, try it, but cannot take it to my home (at last saturday). hiks. It's light, the finishing is like what we can find at playbook. the back cover has small diamond pattern, in black color, plastic, rubberized plastic. Load fast (faster than alpha), OS installed 10.0.9.1425 Still find some bugs such as no new sms composer. And the main camera is great, I think. When I take a picture in the dark room, it can produce a light enough picture and we can see which part of the club's room is full of smoke, lightly smoke, and the clear one.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to take a picture of London that I use.
    12-02-12 11:44 PM
    The L-series.

They walk among us.
    That's true, just already feel it, touch it, try it, but cannot take it to my home (at last saturday). hiks. It's light, the finishing is like what we can find at playbook. the back cover has small diamond pattern, in black color, plastic, rubberized plastic. Load fast (faster than alpha), OS installed 10.0.9.1425 Still find some bugs such as no new sms composer. And the main camera is great, I think. When I take a picture in the dark room, it can produce a light enough picture and we can see which part of the club's room is full of smoke, lightly smoke, and the clear one.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to take a picture of London that I use.
    12-02-12 11:45 PM
    Good spot. He was probably an engineer testing BB10 on their network.
    Yes, I think so
    12-03-12 03:24 AM
    You guys would love to live here then
    12-03-12 05:41 AM
    ^ In some bars with intoxication this could leave you out cold on the floor or out back laid by the dumpster.
    Oh yeah... We all know how rough n tough those nerdy engineers are, haha
    12-03-12 06:35 AM