Hello, let me start this by saying that initially, my phone had 9.5 GB in system storage. I tried copying a 480 MB video (from my SD card) to my laptop using the wireless access feature but after I copied the file to my laptop, I noticed that the I wasn't able to locate the file on my actual laptop. When viewing my laptop files using my phone's file manager however, the file was present but it had this sync symbol on its icon. I tried copying the video file again so now I had two files appearing on the laptop section of my phone's file manager but was not appearing on my actual laptop.

I was in the process of deleting both of the video files that I copied to my laptop (but only appeared in the laptop section of my phone file manager) but then I had connection problems due to my wireless router (deleting was not in progress when the connection was lost). My file manager (currently accessing my laptop files) hanged, probably because of the connection problems so I just restarted my phone.

After the phone restart, I accessed my file manager again but only one of the video files I copied was visible. I deleted the video but the 2nd video file I copied earlier is missing and is eating up almost 500 MB of phone storage (my free phone storage is now 9.0 GB).

This sucks. Any help/suggestions? I apologize if the story can seem confusing.
    Last edited by gerardcue; 10-29-13 at 01:04 PM.
    10-29-13 12:35 PM
    Anyone else experience something similar?
    10-29-13 12:56 PM
    What do you mean when you say you "reset" your phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:01 PM
    What do you mean when you say you "reset" your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I meant I restarted my phone.
    10-29-13 01:03 PM
    Hope anyone can help. This is such a stupid thing to happen. Should have just used the USB cable instead.
    10-29-13 01:30 PM
    If it's really a problem, you can just backup your phone using Link, but backup all your media/files manually using Explorer. Then do a security wipe, which will restore your phone to factory conditions. Do the initial setup again, then restore the backup without the media/files. Copy the media/files back over manually using Explorer.

A straight backup-wipe-restore might also work, without copying the media manually, because the file-system might just need a reset.

The problem might only be with the counter and not with the actual storage. The counter might just be messed up, but everything else is normal. What does it say in Explorer when you connect through USB?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 03:26 PM
    It also says 9.0 GB when using USB. Are the app settings also saved when doing a wipe? Also, I'm now using 10.2. Will it be retained after I do a wipe?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:45 PM
    It also says 9.0 GB when using USB. Are the app settings also saved when doing a wipe? Also, I'm now using 10.2. Will it be retained after I do a wipe?

Posted via CB10
    When you do a backup/restore, there are three components: Media, Settings, and Application data. Settings include everything in the Hub, OS settings, Remember stuff, BlackBerry Protect, etc. Media includes all your personal files--basically everything you see in the File Manager. And Application data is all the data from third party applications that you've installed.

I suggest you do what I told you above. Also, check out a free application called Fire Chest Backup in BlackBerry World that will backup certain things to DropBox, just in case something goes wrongs with the backup through Link (there should be no problems, but it doesn't hurt to be safe).

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:56 PM
    Okay, thanks for the tips. When I do Back-up of apps, does it include sideloaded ones?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:02 PM
    Okay, thanks for the tips. When I do Back-up of apps, does it include sideloaded ones?

Posted via CB10
    No, it does not. However, if you re-sideload your applications before you restore a backup, the settings should transfer over. It's important that you sideload before you restore, otherwise those applications will start from new.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:10 PM