Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By Skeevecr
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I need OPINIONS!

alright folks, i have a problem.

i diteched my iphone 5 and my samsung gs3 because typing was **** im am always hitting wrong keys and yadayadayada.

OK so the problem now being i was dead set on the N series model. but now that its offical this L series keyboard learns how you type and if you hit a wrong key it will help you out and make you press the right one. Should i dare risk it , what if i dont like it . ? what do you guys think..
    ~εrin
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berinry View Post
    what if i dont like it . ?
    You can ditch it too.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

The very reason I came to BlackBerry in the first place was the excellent QWERTY keyboard, but after some thinking I've decided to risk the full-touch model for BlackBerry 10. RIM seems to have done a wonderful job with the virtual keyboard from everything I've heard, by maximizing the width of the keys while adding an excellent predictive typing element. Plus the whole BB10 experience seems to be designed for a touchscreen in the first place, so I think it will be best on the full-touch model. But if you want to play it safe (which I was considering doing originally), you can wait for the N Series to launch, and then try both of them out in-store for yourself.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    CrackBerry Addict

I was working on the assumption I would want the one with the keys, but I was lucky enough to handle the Z10 this week and now I am sold on full touchscreen. It's keyboard looks really good and I love the way it predicts words. I think I may actually type just as quickly as on my 9900 yet have the benefit of the big screen.
    Z10 official OS 10.2.1.537 (STL 100-2)
    Mrs Pilchard has a Q10
    Playbook (best not talk about that one)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts

Default Re: I need OPINIONS!

i diteched my iphone 5 and my samsung gs3 because typing was **** im am always hitting wrong keys and yadayadayada.

OK so the problem now being i was dead set on the N series model. but now that its offical this L series keyboard learns how you type and if you hit a wrong key it will help you out and make you press the right one. Should i dare risk it , what if i dont like it . ? what do you guys think..
    Try it. Return in 30 days for the N series if you don't like it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts

Default I need OPINIONS!

Someone I think said that one of the RIM guys said he can type faster on the Z10 than he can on his 9900. I bet its true after you get really used to the word prediction stuff haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Doesn't the iPhone and SGIII do this also? I know the iPhone learns, and the Android app called Swiftkey does as well.

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I can tell you, I've got a Dev Alpha and the soft keyboard is genuinely brilliant. Ridiculously easy to type even one-handed in portrait mode. I'd suggest giving it a few days to get used to it, but one thing you'll notice right off the bat is that the keys are considerably wider than those of the iPhone.

Honestly, this keyboard is going to win over people who hate virtual keyboards.
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Honestly, this keyboard is going to win over people who hate virtual keyboards.
    I can attest to that, I am happy to use that keyboard unlike every other virtual one i have tried and have been with qwerty for over a decade now.
    peter9477 likes this.