As we are all aware, there are many leaked OS's out here now.
    So let's say I want to load a new OS, what would be the best way to proceed for the cleanest device?
    Of course the full backup, but after that....
    Should I....
    Reload original software, then load new OS or does loading the original software matter.
    AND....
    Should I do all this with or with out my SD card in?
    Thanks for your thoughts n this in advance!
    04-22-13 11:57 AM
    To be quite honest I personally think the 10.0.10.822 OS (10.0.10.116) released by AT&T. It's worked better at least for me. It has some nice fixes for previous OS versions and most certainly we can all agree it works much better than any pre 10.0.10 OS. Everyone seems to have a slightly different OS that works for them though, we don't all have the exact same configuration nor do we all have the same apps etc. So results can vary quite a bit. Hope you find an OS which works well for you

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:16 PM
    So let's say I want to load a new OS, what would be the best way to proceed for the cleanest device?
    Should I....
    Reload original software, then load new OS or does loading the original software matter.
    AND....
    Original OS software shouldn't matter (installing the new OS is basically a like a security wipe), and it shouldn't affect the microSD card as you can't save anything other than 'data' (pics, videos, docs) to the microSD. If you have a full backup, even if by some fluke it wipes your microSD, who cares, right?

Looking at installing the 10.1 hybrid? Ya can't wait a few weeks? =)
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-22-13 12:18 PM
    Should I....
    AND....
    Actually, a second thought. If you stick with whatever new OS you use, prolly removing the microSD prior is a good idea, if you have a lot of pics, etc on there. Just in case, that way if you want to stick with the new hybrid you won't have to worry about getting your data off the SD if it were somehow wiped by putting on the new OS. Which shouldn't happen, but hey, the phone is basically a computer and sh-t happens...
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-22-13 12:21 PM
    Original OS software shouldn't matter (installing the new OS is basically a like a security wipe), and it shouldn't affect the microSD card as you can't save anything other than 'data' (pics, videos, docs) to the microSD. If you have a full backup, even if by some fluke it wipes your microSD, who cares, right?

Looking at installing the 10.1 hybrid? Ya can't wait a few weeks? =)
    I can wait, it's more a matter of being "geeky" and loving the "playing" around.
    And not sure it will be a few weeks. I'm with Verizon
    04-22-13 12:28 PM
    I can wait, it's more a matter of being "geeky" and loving the "playing" around.
    And not sure it will be a few weeks. I'm with Verizon
    Ah, good point! Hopefully Verizon will get faster and better at the updates as they get used to BB10. Very disappointing to see the posts on the forum. I hope everyone with a BB10 phone gets all over them about improving the quality of their updates! Sub-par from the looks of it.

Anyway, good luck with the update!
    04-22-13 12:53 PM