We all know that battery life is bad on z10. One of the reasons is for the phone getting hot and presumably draining battery faster. Anyways I was always been swapping batteries without physically shutting down the phone. I have noticed that my blackberry z10 does not get hot anymore if I shut down property the phone and then switch batteries. My phone runs cool and it seems to have operations more smooth. I guess when battery is just pulled then when the phone restarts all files needs to be indexed again and this causes strain on cpu and battery, this is just my theory

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-29-14 07:02 PM
    Sounds reasonable but I would think the battery draining and getting hot has something more to do with an app running in the background that gets shut down when you turn the phone off.
    09-29-14 07:03 PM
    Sounds reasonable but I would think the battery draining and getting hot has something more to do with an app running in the background that gets shut down when you turn the phone off.
    I think this is the same thing like with PC. Turning off the power without proper shutdown is not recommended on PC. This causes many problems and the same must be with z10. Z30 seems not to have the same problems. Z30 can only be shutdown properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-29-14 07:07 PM
    My Z10 only gets hot when im playing a huge game like RF13 or Six Guns.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-30-14 08:42 AM
    It's bad for the phone to pull the battery before shut down. It can corrupt data in various ways and lead to software malfunctions.

Pull the battery before shut down only when the phone is frozen and is not responding to the power button.
    09-30-14 08:49 AM
    The phone gets hot for various reasons like CPU multitasking or the phone having a hard time connecting to a better, stronger network signal.
    09-30-14 09:26 AM