Well at least you give me text editing, phew I was going to say if you think that that part is good you really haven't tried other devices. Heck even the playbook I can just point/touch and bang I can edit and move a cursor around. There is something just not right with it on the BB10. But to then go on that if I type right I don't have to edit is just ridiculous.

Try typing my name on the keyboard Jean-Paul, it keeps on inserting spaces between Jean hyphen and Paul, then it insists on writing Paul with a lower case P. And then there is my surname again lower case d in de which it just can't seem to remember, and uppercase J in Jong. Then add some prefixes and postfixes to a name and you are pretty stuffed.

Nah, whilst I agree it has potential and perhaps if you only write simplistic US English words it may be great, but the moment you get any kind of internationalisation in it it falls down. And when it falls down you have to edit the typos the system introduces and then it falls down again through incredibly finicky cursor placement.
    Ok. J just had to say something finally. Did u know the keyboard learns how and what u type? The longer u use it. The more it learns u. I have now used mine for over a month. And it has learned very fast wht and how I type. I have also had all the other major phones and this is by FAR the best keyboard ever to date. Like others have said. Learn use it correctly. And it's incredible. The only thing I would say is that the swipe up feature only comes in handy if your a slow typer or with one hand as I can type faster than choosing words that show up but still a very cool feature and wows the heck out of isheep and droid people

There are many many tricks to making it so so fast and intuitive. Just have to play with it. I can actually type so much faster on here now then the full sized keyboard on laptop. In fact that has become a pain with keys so far apart lol.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my Z10
    03-09-13 12:02 PM
    I too get frustrated hearing rants about Z10 when people actually don't know how to use it. And like others have mentioned there is nothing out there computer or electronic wise that u don't have a learning curve to use right. And I can't tell u how many people iv had to tutor on their own iphones, droid and windows phones. They have no clue what the capabilites are.

Z10 rules still hehe

Posted from my Z10
    03-09-13 12:08 PM
    You might be surprised what we really know, but most are like my own kids and think they know it all and just refuse to take a moment and listen.
    Until you take away their allowance.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    frfghtr likes this.
    03-09-13 12:11 PM
    Lol this guy needs to take a beating
    03-09-13 12:12 PM

Try typing my name on the keyboard Jean-Paul, it keeps on inserting spaces between Jean hyphen and Paul, then it insists on writing Paul with a lower case P. And then there is my surname again lower case d in de which it just can't seem to remember, and uppercase J in Jong. Then add some prefixes and postfixes to a name and you are pretty stuffed.
    I tried typing as you said.... J e a n - P as soon as I get that far, the keyboard has Jean Paul in the spacebar and Jean-Paul right above it. The next time I tried, as soon as I get to the '-' Jean-Paul is above the p.

I have the keyboard set to French and English.

As far as the keyboard being hard to use, my wife has a GN2 with its huge keyboard (and an S3) and my daughter has a iphone 4s...both find the Z10 keyboard fast and the easiest to use.
    bigbbrybeliever and 00stryder like this.
    03-09-13 12:18 PM
    Sounds lazy to me. Does he think you can learn how to drive a car, or use a computer, or play an instrument, or ride a bicycle in 2 minutes? Welcome to the new and REAL world of lifelong learning!
    Well, sadly, I think that's where Apple nailed it out of the park. They made it easy enough for almost anyone to learn in two minutes. That's not a slight towards BB. That's just a bar that's been set. And if you've done that limbo before, and enough that it's habit, it's tough to learn another dance.
    03-09-13 12:20 PM
    iphone is simpler to use. Lets face it, iPhone is a phone designed to have you do one thing at a time and focus only on that one thing. Thats why when releasd it didnt multitask. It didnt cut and paste, It didnt have notifications.
    Adding multitasking to iphone is a mystery to most users. They have no clue to doubletap the button to get the list of apps, or how to actually close one.Most I have had contact with have no idea these apps still are there when you click home.
    I cant speak to the use of the Z10 yet thanks to the lack of US relase, but I recall WebOS and when an iPhone or Android user saw me use it they were shocked at how fluid it was and how the gestures, once known, made absolute sense. Yes, gestures you have to learn. But once learned they are way easier than double tap, tap and hold to make wiggle, then try to stab a small X. Hence most iPhone users dont bother. WebOS was swipe up, then swipe off screen and done. I have high hopes the Z10 is as easy to use.
    03-09-13 12:30 PM
    Wow, that is just LAZ-Y!
    wasabiGT likes this.
    03-09-13 12:30 PM
    He did not know about peek, he said his old iPhone was easier to get things done with. He did not know about running apps and how you can switch quickly between them. I showed him this and then he asked how I learned it.
    I find it hard to believe that someone who has a Z10 doesn't know about peeking since its the *only* way to exit an app.
    coreyacole likes this.
    03-09-13 12:35 PM
    Yes....I assume Jean-Paul is not very smart....
    03-09-13 12:41 PM
    Huh? People, There is no need for this. Especially since Jean-Paul had nothing to do with original op. He just added a comment bout typing. Which happens. No need for mean slights.

Posted from my Z10
    03-09-13 01:01 PM
    Jean-Paul seems plenty smart to me... he made his comment and engaged in a positive dialog and has consequently learned.
    03-09-13 01:14 PM
    I wonder if he would return a new modern Smart TV after he couldn't figure it out and outright refused to read the manual.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen that for all kinds of technology more than one would like to think... All the non-industry people I know with any type of smartphone have very limited knowledge of what a smartphone can do, let alone how to do it. $700 toy and $65 a month, and they text, watch cat videos and check Facebook *facepalms*
    03-09-13 01:23 PM
    Exactly that, here on Crackberry one doesn't seem to be able to say anything critical of the Z10. With a low post count the first thing is that you are accused of trolling, and if that is not the case one has to be ignorant when they don't like something.

I've never met such a bunch of unfriendly posters as on this forum to be honest...
    It wasn't always like this. There was a very different community atmosphere back in the BBOS days when I first joined a few years ago. Times change I guess.
    dejongj likes this.
    03-09-13 01:36 PM
    I don't get out a lot but last night I gave blood and then met a friend afterward at a bar. At the blood bank I had four people asking about the Z10, it really attracts a lot of attention. At the bar I sat with a guy that had one and when he realized I had one too he asked how I like it. I raved, he ranted.

His primary complaint was that there was no easy way to move his contacts, I told him that was not an issue for me because I use Cloud email - Office 365. Then he got ranting about how hard it was to use.

He demonstrated how it takes four steps to get to the phone app. He did not know that a swipe from the bottom turns it on, a full swipe bypasses the lock screen, all he knew was the button at the top.

He did not know about peek, he said his old iPhone was easier to get things done with. He did not know about running apps and how you can switch quickly between them. I showed him this and then he asked how I learned it. I told him there was a short video to watch when setting up the phone for the first time. He confessed to skipping that. He said a person should not have to spend two minutes learning, that it should be intuitive.

He did not know how to use the keyboard at all. He did not know that you could flick words, he thought you had to wait until the word showed in blue on the space bar. Did not know how to place the cursor for corrections or flick down for punctuation.

He did not know how to pull down for options or to find help. He had the phone for a week and knew nothing about it. He is returning it.

The last thing he mentioned was he was not happy with Telus. He switched from Rogers signed up with Telus only to find the plan he signed up for only allowed for three voice mails. Now I can see how that is lame, but not only can he not watch the video, but he also cannot read the features of his plan.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha....seems to me that even this site is full of posts from the same type of person you met in the flesh.... ;-) Seems to me though that perhaps the people selling the devices ought to be showing the buyers at least the basics.....
    03-09-13 01:41 PM
    It wasn't always like this. There was a very different community atmosphere back in the BBOS days when I first joined a few years ago. Times change I guess.
    Times did indeed change, but everywhere, especially online. I think in the early days of the modern internet, people brought their IRL manners with them. I'm not sure it's just the newest generation that doesn't really remember a time when all there was, was "in real life". Maybe all of us got comfortable in our perceived anonymity.
    dejongj and 00stryder like this.
    03-09-13 01:47 PM
    There is learning in this kind of thing. Joe public is pretty basic. Middle aged Joe public is even more basic when it comes to the "new fangled". You can only go so far in dumbing down the experience.
    Careful with those middle aged jokes! I'm pretty sure Mike Lazaridus, the inventor of our fav phone, is now middle aged and does pretty well with new-fangled...
    03-09-13 01:47 PM
    His attitude is just a reflection of the world we live in today. Most people don't read manuals or watch instructional videos that show you how to use the features of the device, and then they complain because it's difficult to use or they can't do something they need to do. When I meet people like that I always tell them to read the bloody manual or watch the video before they complain.
    03-09-13 01:51 PM
    2 minutes to watch the How To Tutorial is nothing compared to 1-2 hours of video or a presentation of a new product where the consumer just wants to see the features and availability.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-09-13 01:56 PM
    Telus always give you 3 incoming voicemails FREE. You can get a addon for more messages. Or get a plan that gives you more. The 3 incoming voicemail is the BASIC plan everyone get's. Telus would have moved all his contacts if he went to a real store that knew what they were doing!

Easy to blame the phone when the user is just as clueless.
    03-09-13 02:01 PM
    The Internet in general is not nearly as friendly as it once was. I have always been shy to say anything due to the predictable backlash. I am shocked that I actually have 167 posts, I would have guessed 50 at the most.
    03-09-13 02:01 PM
    I knew all the gestures few weeks before the premiere. Just from watching youtube videos.
    03-09-13 02:03 PM
    When I was with Telus, I was perfectly happy with the three. But I don't get a lot of calls.
    03-09-13 02:04 PM
    I just typed your name in one go. Used Docs to Go, J was capitalized put in the ean, swiped down for dash, it went back to keyboard after so pressed and held P till it was capitalized and finished. At the bottom in blue on the spacebar was Jean Paul, above was the correct Jean-Paul. Swiped up. Done. No editing. Never typed that before either. Curious why you're having such trouble?

I have English (US) on my keyboard and that's it.
    Well for one after I type my name correctly I think it is natural to have my correct name on the space bar to move on to the next word and not a changed version in all the years of typing you use space to move on and not a swipe up. It should be the other way around

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejongj; 03-09-13 at 02:26 PM.
    03-09-13 02:12 PM
    Odd, lucky you. Which dictionaries/languages have you got installed?
    You kidding me? Jean-Paul (FLICK UP on the space bar and it keeps it identical as to how I typed it, and now look, I can do Jean-Paul Jean-Paul, Woohoo!!) take a minute to learn the device before bashing it for something so simple... please...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:14 PM
199 12345 ...