I wouldn't mind having them back in the top area while using an app in addition to the home screen. Dismissable, though - they weren't in BBOS.
    Yes, they were.
    Right on the home screen, without doing anything, just as op desired.

I Love The Slide-Up Gesture, But Miss Top Bar Notifications-capture22_5_28_edit.jpg
    I Love The Slide-Up Gesture, But Miss Top Bar Notifications-capture22_5_28.jpg

Posted via CB10
    LatinoLoco24 and mapperav like this.
    06-09-13 09:21 PM
    Yes, they were.
    Right on the home screen, without doing anything, just as op desired.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture22_5_28_edit.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	170181

Name:	Capture22_5_28.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	170182

Posted via CB10
    You're at the home screen. Not in an app. Open the browser, look at the top bar.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:34 PM
    You're at the home screen. Not in an app. Open the browser, look at the top bar.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but op wasn't referring to it being in an app.
    That's a whole other thing, more android esque.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't quite recall, but didn't the OS 6 and 7 devices show the top bar within apps? It's been a while since I used my torch so I could definitely be wrong. Check the image I found on the Web. Not sure if legit like this.

I Love The Slide-Up Gesture, But Miss Top Bar Notifications-torch-web-history.jpg

Posted from my ZED10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-09-13 10:22 PM
    Not sure if image attached but scratch that. I think I'm wrong.

Posted from my ZED10
    06-09-13 10:25 PM
    Actually. You're right! I completely forgot. Bb10 made me forget about my 9900 9800 etc.lol

Posted via CB10
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    06-09-13 10:39 PM
    Yes but op wasn't referring to it being in an app.
    That's a whole other thing, more android esque.

Posted via CB10
    He's not, I'm adding to the discussion. And no, it is not Android-esque, it's been STANDARD in BBOS for the last 6+ years. See Loco's pic below.

I don't quite recall, but didn't the OS 6 and 7 devices show the top bar within apps? It's been a while since I used my torch so I could definitely be wrong. Check the image I found on the Web. Not sure if legit like this.

Name:	Torch-Web-history.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	170202

Posted from my ZED10
    Thanks, exactly what I was referring to. Stick those in permanently on the homescreen, and then have them drop down anytime a notification comes in with a small bar at the top of the screen.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    06-09-13 10:47 PM
    He's not, I'm adding to the discussion. And no, it is not Android-esque, it's been STANDARD in BBOS for the last 6+ years. See Loco's pic below.
    I was thinking of something different android related.
    Yes I know they've been in bbos. We were talking about completely different things.

Now we're on the same page.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-09-13 11:06 PM
    I was thinking of something different android related.
    Yes I know they've been in bbos. We were talking about completely different things.

Now we're on the same page.

Posted via CB10
    And I'm adding that to the thread simply because I'm in agreement with the OP - I adore the Peek gesture, but it sure would be nice to just see the counts without having to Peek every single time. Everywhere, not just in the homescreen. But not permanently elsewhere, because I also adore my screen real estate.

So permanent count icons in the home screen, and the old upper bar when in apps - just as a quick drop down though, hello the count increased, go Peek if you want more, hiding away again.

Edit: instead of a drop down, to keep with BB10's design it might make more sense as a brief slide-in from the left that shows what came in, and then back out.
    Last edited by Reubechs; 06-09-13 at 11:30 PM.
    06-09-13 11:16 PM
    And I'm adding that to the thread simply because I'm in agreement with the OP - I adore the Peek gesture, but it sure would be nice to just see the counts without having to Peek every single time. Everywhere, not just in the homescreen. But not permanently elsewhere, because I also adore my screen real estate.

So permanent count icons in the home screen, and the old upper bar when in apps - just as a quick drop down though, hello the count increased, go Peek if you want more, hiding away again.
    Good idea. I'm not sure if they'll ever do that though. But maybe a static icon of some type would be nice to see without the peek

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:27 PM
    I wouldn't mind then having the date beside the time as well its 2 less swipes to see the date

Posted via CB10
    I agree, having the day/date next to time would be really useful.

Posted via Z10
    06-09-13 11:43 PM
    I just peek... no need to go into the hub... does the same thing as a top notification bar and saves space. Plus it is easier to swipe up then down.

But I do understand that people want top bar notifications. I personally don't want it... I don't want it to be limited android or even like iOS.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:16 AM
    I just peek... no need to go into the hub... does the same thing as a top notification bar and saves space. Plus it is easier to swipe up then down.

But I do understand that people want top bar notifications. I personally don't want it... I don't want it to be limited android or even like iOS.

Posted via CB10
    It's standard on BBOS before either of those two. Nobody mentioned going into the Hub; what we're talking about is being notified with tiny icons on the home screen and from a screen edge, not a message preview. Right now all you get is sound and/or vibration plus red LED - you have no idea WHAT, even from the Active Frames and Apps screen, came in - just that something has.

See the icons on the top row? That's from my Bold 9930. Remember them all the way back to OS4.x?

I Love The Slide-Up Gesture, But Miss Top Bar Notifications-wp-contentuploadsbb0s45browser12.jpg
    06-10-13 01:37 AM
    It's standard on BBOS before either of those two. Nobody mentioned going into the Hub; what we're talking about is being notified with tiny icons on the home screen and from a screen edge, not a message preview. Right now all you get is sound and/or vibration plus red LED - you have no idea WHAT, even from the Active Frames and Apps screen, came in - just that something has.

See the icons on the top row? That's from my Bold 9930. Remember them all the way back to OS4.x?

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mn2hbs.jpg

Name:	wp-contentuploadsbb0s45browser12.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	170273
    If you read what the OP said, he did say that he didn't know he had emails waiting for him since he didn't have the blinking led. I just said that he could just peek and not have to go all the way in the hub.

I see what you are talking about. I had it on my 9900, 9780, 9700 as well

I know people that would like to see this again.

All I was saying was that a peek doesn't take a long time to do. I know it's not as quick as just looking up at the top of the screen and people prefer that to peeking.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:06 AM
    this is awesome! Is this theme already available for download for the Z10?
    06-10-13 03:16 AM
    Ya I wish the LED would keep blinking till I actually check the HUB

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    06-10-13 08:23 AM
    I miss the notification bar.
    Why swipe when in previous version you simply look at the damn phone and would see that there were a few emails and texts waiting for you via the top notification bar. Now I have to guess or look through my phone to find the message!!!!
    Talk about 2 steps backwards, takes two swipes to just look at the date! Im one for moving "forward" not backwards. bb10 so far is more backwards than forward. I want to love it, but its so difficult to when these silly oversights plague the experience of a new os.
    10-16-13 11:19 PM
42 12