The info shown for "time left" is provided by the OS itself, and based on the latest power reading, and the battery remaining. Unfortunately those values update only every two minutes, and in two minutes there's lots of time for conditions to change and make it appear that, instantaneously, the prediction is incorrect.

For example, if you have the screen off and low power consumption, then swipe it on and check, you'll likely see a longish value like "102h left". Given that you have the screen on and its the biggest consumer of power, that's obviously impossible.

Likewise, if you were playing an intensive game, then stop and check the time left a short time after, you'll likely see it saying only an hour or two left, when in fact you'll probably get many more than that if you don't continue the CPU-heavy activity.

The current "time left" value in Battery Guru works best if you check it only after a period of stable conditions, and only if you take into account the fact that the OS updates this value only once every two minutes.

I'm working on improvements for a future update, where the app itself will supply a projected time left rather than relying on the current one the OS is supplying to it.
    Thanks for explaining that, I was so lost as to why I'd sis that. So I guess it's not the app but my device or battery that I am having issue with or not cause it does last as long as my Android and windows phones did.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-14-13 11:01 AM
    I would just like to say that three days is about how long it takes for a new smartphone battery to calibrate. My battery life was terrible the first few days and then leveled out.

From my Z10
    eninrebmun and peter9477 like this.
    04-14-13 11:39 AM
    I would just like to say that three days is about how long it takes for a new smartphone battery to calibrate. My battery life was terrible the first few days and then leveled out.

From my Z10
    Actually I'm beginning to suspect this as well with my phone. I coincidentally deleted the battery bx on the fourth day and my battery up till now has drastically improved. It's Monday now over here and I have just unplugged and re installed bx battery so I will find out by this afternoon the truth

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:46 PM
    Since I can't switch to 3G/1XEV on VZW (I want this toggle for reasons other than battery concerns, but that's another thread [avoiding runaway data suckage]), I just leave by data services off almost all the time. Radio is still on for texts and phone calls.

I leave WiFi on all the time, since I am almost always in WiFi coverage. I also have battery guru and data monitor open all the time. I get good battery life; I can easily unplug in the morning (around 6:30) and have 40-50% left by the time I decide to plug it back in... usually 7-9PM.

I don't know how much of a "power user" I am, but I deal with lots of emails a day from a few accounts, send/receive quite a few texts, random browsing when waiting around, searching BB World, hit OS update like a lobotomized monkey expecting a free banana, messing in CB app, casual FB feed reading.

I almost never talk on the phone, however; I hate talking on the phone.

If I want data when away from WiFi I can easily switch it on and use it. But I am usually commuting at this time and don't care about emails, etc. Not perfect, but it works with my usage patterns.
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 04-14-13 at 09:10 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
    04-14-13 09:08 PM
    ive got battery guru installed and there is no drain from it at all
    ditto here
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-14-13 09:12 PM
    Alright right now I'm at 55 percent with heavy use from 8 am to 3pm with bx battery installed. Will test further but I guess my earlier clamps are not true and that my battery life drastically increased most probably because I've passed the break in period for the phone.

Either way I'm still glad that the battery no longer sucks whatever the cause may be. right now I'm trying to determine how big of a difference in ram usage and battery life will a battery monitoring app do.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:00 AM
    I just solved my battery issues!!!-img_00000065.png

This was my battery performance today, and I can't say that I am upset with this one bit. This is after lots of emails, an hour of chatting in a BBM group and about 10-15 phone calls with the longest being an about 30 min. Guess it took two plus weeks for my battery to settle, glad it did.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-16-13 08:03 PM
    I did a complete wipe of my phone. Immediately after restoring everything my battery life increased dramatically. I went from losing 33 percent over 7hrs on idle overnight to 8 percent.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:14 PM
    Yep, my battery sucked the first few days... I had to break the battery in. Now it rocks!
    04-16-13 08:34 PM
    I use battery lover, and when I leave my phone unplugged at night it goes from 100% to 94 in 7-8 hours. I never use bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:50 PM
    I did a complete wipe of my phone. Immediately after restoring everything my battery life increased dramatically. I went from losing 33 percent over 7hrs on idle overnight to 8 percent.

Posted via CB10
    I did this too and saw two same kind of improvement.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:48 PM
36 12