Sooo... My girlfriend was a diehard iPhone user. Recently around Christmas she cracked the screen of her iPhone 5 for the umpteenth time. I am getting sick of replacing the screen so i suggested maybe she upgrade. She said to me "maybe i will try something else!", she had made comments that she loved the look and software on my Z30 but thought it was to big for her hands. I suggested she watch a few online reviews of different Blackberrys and she said she really liked the look and size of the Z10.

That being said with Valentines Day coming up i ordered her a white Z10 off Amazon, it just arrived today. Can't wait to give it to her. This being her first Blackberry ever after coming from a long line of iPhone's her comments and feedback will be interesting to me. I will write an update of her initial comments when i give it her....just thought id share them here.
    02-13-15 10:50 AM
    goodluck if it comes to app like snapchat will be interesting to see what happens
    02-13-15 10:52 AM
    Yeah, she doesn't use it she's not a big app user, but she does use Instagram a lot. I just hope iGrann or others continue to get support.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 11:04 AM
    If you are comfortable with updating the OS with a leaked version (which will soon be official) I suggest downloading and installing this autoloader: https://mega.co.nz/#!KFBRGYJK!zTvNT4...5wO7QvEclf9-G4
    it works great on my z10 .

edit: just noticed that this link may not open properly within Mega--you may have to go to the original HaTaX post at: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...oaders-995995/
    Plummerdc88 and xbungalow like this.
    02-13-15 11:23 AM
    Thanks I am definitely going to put the 10.3 leak on before giving it to her. It's a major overhaul 10.3 rocks over 10.2.1 in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-13-15 11:29 AM
    She's gonna regret that battery calibration issue

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 11:36 AM
    Cool! I told a few of people at my work that Z30 is on sale for 250.00 on V-day. He checked out the BlackBerry website with his Android phone and said wow 5 inches for 250 without contract! I can buy three of of this for one iPhone. He said he is considered buying it before the promotional end. he said it not too big or small. It fits his small hand.
    02-13-15 11:48 AM
    She's gonna regret that battery calibration issue

Posted via CB10
    Have not seen that issue on .2267 yet. I have only been using the leak for 2 days plus but I have recharged twice and everything is ok so far.
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-13-15 11:51 AM
    Is it STL100-1 z10?
    It has so many problems which I am facing now. And other thing the battery backup of z10 is very bad. Do purchase an extra battery or power bank. It will be very useful.
    And please do tell did she like the display of z10, battery and speed.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-13-15 11:54 AM
    Just make sure the thing is at 10.2.1 or above. I would definitely put 10.3.1 if possible.
    02-13-15 12:08 PM
    Sooo... My girlfriend was a diehard iPhone user. Recently around Christmas she cracked the screen of her iPhone 5 for the umpteenth time. I am getting sick of replacing the screen so i suggested maybe she upgrade. She said to me "maybe i will try something else!", she had made comments that she loved the look and software on my Z30 but thought it was to big for her hands. I suggested she watch a few online reviews of different Blackberrys and she said she really liked the look and size of the Z10.

That being said with Valentines Day coming up i ordered her a white Z10 off Amazon, it just arrived today. Can't wait to give it to her. This being her first Blackberry ever after coming from a long line of iPhone's her comments and feedback will be interesting to me. I will write an update of her initial comments when i give it her....just thought id share them here.
    SO as a follow up the Z10 was definitely a hit, she had pretty much loved every feature about it over the iPhone so far. It was interesting to hear her comments because she is coming from a diehard apple to Blackberry Z10 and didn't really know anything about the device. Below are some of her comments regarding some of the features, i plan to update this thread as time goes on.

OS: She loves the gestures of the OS not being tied to the home button of the iPhone is something she commented on almost immediately. Swiping up and down and also up on the keyboard she said just makes the user experience of the OS flow. I happen to strongly agree with this. She also commented that the lock screen notifications were displayed well and attractive. Her other comment compared to the iPhone is she was impressed with how efficient the device is compared to iOS. For example cloud storage syncing right in the file manager and no restrictions on file types and email attachments like with the iPhone

Hub: The Hub was a hit, having one place for all her communications she is loving that. She is not a big email user but having facebook, twitter, text, BBM, and the occasional email all in one place is great,not having individual dedicated apps for each of these things means she doesn't have to go searching for notifications.

Camera: Front facing camera was definitely a major improvement over the iPhone. As for the primary camera she felt it was on par with the quality of the iPhone 5.However she loved the time shift feature ( i personally never use it but its nice to see someone who is impressed by this feature). Having two nephews she is always taking pictures of, it is great that time shift lets her pick the best shot when taking pictures of two young kids who are always running around and can't sit still. My GF used FaceTime a lot and also thought BBM video was as good if not better the FaceTime on the iPhone.

Keyboard: She had many comment on this, not only the superior size and accuracy of the keyboard, she commented that the "flick" typing was genius and surprisingly got it right away.

Apps: She like many people was under the impression without ever using a BB10 device that their were limited apps available. Once I got Snap installed and walked her threw the Blackberry World, Amazon store, and Snap she figured out quickly like many of us did that the app selection is more then adequate. As i mentioned above she isn't a heavy app user, but was able to find all the apps she uses regularly on her iPhone including some that i certainly wouldn't use like BitStrips and Flipp. Apps was the one thing i thought she would be disappointed with, but it turns out she got the use of the three app sources very quickly.

Security: Not much to say here. She loves the picture password unlock. Again i never used it, or even knew it what it was. But she thinks its awesome.

Build Quality: This was the one area she had some negative comments about, she isn't thrilled about the all plastic design of the Z10 compared to the iPhone 5 to her felt "cheap" and paint chips very easily on the white version. On a positive comment she really likes the texture of the Z10 back, she says it makes the device easy and comfortable to hold. The other praise to the build quality is the LED notification light. Something she had never had before.

Well overall the Z10 and the switch from iPhone to Blackberry 10 was a success. I am actually surprised on how positive the feedback was, given as i said her former loyalty to Apple. Just goes to show, the lesson here is give it a chance, you might just like it
    Korepab and sibeans like this.
    02-17-15 12:31 AM
    Is it STL100-1 z10?
    It has so many problems which I am facing now. And other thing the battery backup of z10 is very bad. Do purchase an extra battery or power bank. It will be very useful.
    And please do tell did she like the display of z10, battery and speed.

Battery life has been a little iffy, but she has been using the device heavy since it is new to her. That being said i did take your advice and get her a second battery. With that she is happy. She made comments about the display saying it was excellent and the speed of her device is great. Overall she is quite happy with it
    Korepab likes this.
    02-17-15 12:36 AM
    Battery life has been a little iffy, but she has been using the device heavy since it is new to her. That being said i did take your advice and get her a second battery. With that she is happy. She made comments about the display saying it was excellent and the speed of her device is great. Overall she is quite happy with it
    That's really good to hear. The first day you said that she is moving from an iPhone 5 to z10 I thought it will be heavy downside for her and will be expecting the os to be very difficult and apps. Seems a very positive review of z10.
    You really know how to change the thoughts of people.......
    Here in India, my friends don't even like to use my z10 and tell it's a worst phone when they are using iPhone 4 &4s( really old device) .....
    Apple really know how to sell their device. BlackBerry should start showing their device in everywhere....

Plummerdc88 likes this.
    02-17-15 01:44 AM
    That's really good to hear. The first day you said that she is moving from an iPhone 5 to z10 I thought it will be heavy downside for her and will be expecting the os to be very difficult and apps. Seems a very positive review of z10.
    You really know how to change the thoughts of people.......
    Here in India, my friends don't even like to use my z10 and tell it's a worst phone when they are using iPhone 4 &4s( really old device) .....
    Apple really know how to sell their device. BlackBerry should start showing their device in everywhere....

Thanks girinath, when I gave it to her i told her to remember it isnt an iPhone, and approach it with an open mind. And she loved it. I agree with you, in my opinion Blackberry's only issue is marketing and awareness. They really need to step things up in that category. For the most part (not always) but mostly, anyone i know that gives a Blackberry 10 device a try has a positive experience they may not use it or adopt it, but mostly the feedback is positive.
    02-17-15 08:47 AM