Well well.....it seems this damn Z10 is really out to get me.

Last night I tried to download the BlackBerry World update. Clicked on it and got the error message

An error occurred trying to process your request.

no download. I tried several other apps, same error message, no dl. previous to this I have downloaded about 10 different apps of one sort or another and they all seemed to work fine.

contacted our courteous BB support people. they had me upload a log of the Z10 to them and when they called me back, lo and behold, "ya we know about that one (I'm paraphrasing now) and the only fix is TO WIPE THE DEVICE AND START OVER!"

Well I spilled my bosco all over myself when i heard that after nearly falling outta my lazyboy . It took me the better part of a week to get the bloody thing configured and get all my calendar and contacts out of Outlook on the Exchange server (BlackBerry Link was pretty much totally useless in transferring the data from my 9780) and onto the Z10 and now I have to START OVER????

So first thing i figured i'd do is try to back the thing up using the most brain dead software I've come across in a long time (well since itunes anyway) good 'ol BlackBerry Link. Whoever is responsible for this pathetic excuse for support software outta have his....well nevermind, lets just say i don't think too much of this individual or team, to put it bluntly. i honestly wonder if anyone has actually TESTED this software before it was released.

But no, we aren't finished with the error message for you Sloppy. BL, about 10 minutes after I click Backup, comes up with some error about how my device is not recognized, try again. TRY AGAIN?? oh ya sure, but i did anyway, no go, no backup for you Sloppy.

So after thinking about it i figured, i don't need no stinking backup as i have all the data either in the cloud now or on outlook.

So now its wiping. i just can't wait to see what further adventures this thing has in store for me.....standby, it can only get better.
    02-22-13 11:25 AM
    and you felt a reason to start a NEW thread because?? Stick to your original thread please!!
    BThunderW, Neely2005 and The Furbz like this.
    02-22-13 11:40 AM
    I'm thinking of a better name for you bud. Grumpy seems to fit the bill, LOL! Honestly, I don't know where to begin... Just have patience and everything should be alright. Ya know, if you end up not wanting your Z10 anymore, You've got a taker in me.
    02-22-13 11:44 AM
    Had the same issue after updating App World, but minutes later, all was perfect. It was because App World was still installing in background and I didn't see that when I tried to login. No big deal.

Now, why do you feel it necessary to start yet another new thread about your hate for the device? If you feel so strongly, just return it and move on to something that makes you happy.

It's a 1st attempt on a brand new platform and it's bound to be buggy out of the gate, so either suck it up like the rest of us and try to make the best of it, finding solutions...or move on, but stop posting new threads about your hate - part 2,3 etc...

Many of us would rather discuss the issues and find the solutions - not deal with low-count posters who only want to defecate on the product. It seems like that is the only reason you're here; with all due respect.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-22-13 11:51 AM
    Did you try a restart before you did a wipe to see if it worked?
    02-22-13 11:54 AM
    Thought you hated it . . Why are you still banging your head against the wall and splattering us with your blood sweat and tears?
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-22-13 11:56 AM
    If you don't like go buy another phone, we don't need you.

Posted via CB10
    Neely2005 likes this.
    02-22-13 11:56 AM
    Had the same issue after updating App World, but minutes later, all was perfect. It was because App World was still installing in background and I didn't see that when I tried to login. No big deal.

Now, why do you feel it necessary to start yet another new thread about your hate for the device? If you feel so strongly, just return it and move on to something that makes you happy.

It's a 1st attempt on a brand new platform and it's bound to be buggy out of the gate, so either suck it up like the rest of us and try to make the best of it, finding solutions...or move on, but stop posting new threads about your hate - part 2,3 etc...

Many of us would rather discuss the issues and find the solutions - not deal with low-count posters who only want to defecate on the product. It seems like that is the only reason you're here; with all due respect.
    >>so either suck it up like the rest of us and try to make the best of it

thats exactly what I'm doing......its pretty simple, don't like it don't read it
    02-22-13 11:59 AM
    Did you try a restart before you did a wipe to see if it worked?

yes, restart, battery pull, and I waved a bag with two dead rabbits and a grapefruit over it, that didn't help either.
    jdhooghe and BB_Junky like this.
    02-22-13 12:05 PM
    and you felt a reason to start a NEW thread because?? Stick to your original thread please!!
    no i just did it to tick you off.....how am I doing so far??
    02-22-13 12:06 PM
    If you don't like go buy another phone, we don't need you.

Posted via CB10
    well ya see, you just don't understand. i don't get mad, i don't give up, i just get even....
    02-22-13 12:08 PM
    Honestly, I don't know why you guys are being so harsh to him.

Granted he's complaining about the brand new Z10 on a Blackberry website but to be honest, it looks like it hasn't been a smooth transition for him.

To endure all that, stick with the device (while complaining the whole time, granted)... and then to be told by BB tech support he has to do it AGAIN because their app upgrade tanked his phone?

C'mon - you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't be frustrated to near tears. It seems he at least has a decent sense of humour about it...

-Chris-
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-22-13 12:10 PM

Granted he's complaining about the brand new Z10 on a Blackberry website but to be honest, it looks like it hasn't been a smooth transition for him.

To endure all that, stick with the device (while complaining the whole time, granted)... and then to be told by BB tech support he has to do it AGAIN because their app upgrade tanked his phone?

C'mon - you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't be frustrated to near tears. It seems he at least has a decent sense of humour about it...

-Chris-
    thanks but i haven't started to cry......yet.

the truth is they just don't wanna hear anything but hugs and kisses about their beloved device. Well I'm trying to change that a little. all is not hugs and kisses with this device and the tools BlackBerry provide for migration are without doubt, truly pathetic. they should be ashamed at releasing this BlackBerry Link crapola
    02-22-13 12:15 PM

-Chris-
    Agreed . . but most of us do not then feel the necessity to go on the product's fan site and whine about it.

If he's looking for answers, fine, people are here to help. But he's neither asking questions nor looking for help, just venting to a group whom he is well aware will not welcome such 'input'.

I say give the man a plate of gingerbread cookies . . . (let the reader understand =))
    02-22-13 12:19 PM
    thanks but i haven't started to cry......yet.

the truth is they just don't wanna hear anything but hugs and kisses about their beloved device. Well I'm trying to change that a little. all is not hugs and kisses with this device and the tools BlackBerry provide for migration are without doubt, truly pathetic. they should be ashamed at releasing this BlackBerry Link crapola
    So there you have it, he's admitted to only being here to create drama and be a pita . . . (smh)
    02-22-13 12:21 PM
    >>If he's looking for answers, fine, people are here to help. But he's neither asking questions nor looking for help, just venting to a group whom he is well aware will not welcome such 'input'.

and your unwillingness to accept some unwelcome input, that's my problem is it??

P.S. and i'll take the gingerbread cookies thanks.
    02-22-13 12:23 PM
    >>If he's looking for answers, fine, people are here to help. But he's neither asking questions nor looking for help, just venting to a group whom he is well aware will not welcome such 'input'.

and your unwillingness to accept some unwelcome input, that's my problem is it??

P.S. and i'll take the gingerbread cookies thanks.
    Not really, we are aware of issues with the z10 by reading thoughtful and constructive reviews and posts; not by someone who comes with the sole agenda of knocking people down a few notches because they can't stand seeing other people enjoy themselves.

And so therefore understand and accept our unwelcome input for you . . .
    02-22-13 12:28 PM
    So there you have it, he's admitted to only being here to create drama and be a pita . . . (smh)
    too bad you see it that way. You would prefer i post this on....what?... an iphone forum?

don't confuse 'em with the facts
    02-22-13 12:29 PM
    Does all this mean that if you don't like the Z10 you shouldn't say anything on a forum that deals with opinions about Blackberry? It all sounds like "If you don't like the Z10, keep quiet because you are going to make us Z10 lovers cry".
    02-22-13 12:31 PM
    too bad you see it that way. You would prefer i post this on....what?... an iphone forum?

don't confuse 'em with the facts
    Nothing like throwing up an idiotic red herring . . Of course you're not going to post on an iphone forum, the point is why post at all if you're not looking for answers?

If you had posted your concerns in the form of questions and asked if anyone had encountered and/or overcome those issues I am certain you would have received much more helpful and less-snarky input.

Like often begets like, rightly or wrongly.
    02-22-13 12:34 PM
    02-22-13 12:35 PM
    Does all this mean that if you don't like the Z10 you shouldn't say anything on a forum that deals with opinions about Blackberry? It all sounds like "If you don't like the Z10, keep quiet because you are going to make us Z10 lovers cry".
    Ah, your first post, welcome.

No not at all, I believe the issue here is one of attitude; specifically pre-meditated curmudgeonry . . .

Hey, let's all just move on shall we?
    02-22-13 12:38 PM
    they should be ashamed at releasing this BlackBerry Link crapola
    Can't argue with you there. It's completely horrid.
    02-22-13 12:49 PM
    The joys of being an early adopter. This is why I wait a minimum of 6 months when a totally new platform is released. Let the "suckers" beta test the thing first. ;-)
    02-22-13 12:54 PM
    Duplicate thread; thus closed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...es-why-774560/
    Me11yC, skrewball and revtech like this.
    02-22-13 01:03 PM