I HATE my new Z10 and here's why!!!
I've had a Z10 for about a week now and I'm sorry, but its a bust as far as I'm concerned and here's why
1) no agenda view in the calendar, at least not the agenda view i had on my bold 9780. i want ALL my calendar entries in one continous agenda, day after day, month after month, just like the 9780. As far as i can see it just can't be done like that with the Z10 - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
2) the DAMN backspace key. Don't you dare lean on that key for more than what seems like a millisecond or the friggin thing will proceed to wipe out your entire document!!! UNACCEPTABLE! In fact i have a whole lot of issues with this damn virtual keyboard. It sucks to put it mildly.
3) no hotkeys for assigning phone numbers. i should have seen this coming i guess by not waiting for the Q10, my bad on that one
4) all my old note files now have to be in this bloody thing called "Remember"??? in addition, there is NO SEARCH function when you finally figure out how to get into what used to be just plain old notes. this is an improvement????
My advice to anyone considering a Z10....DON"T. Wait for the Q10 (assuming it will be any better of course)
I've been a blackberry guy since Christ was a cowboy, but this things is real disappointing for me. My son's Galaxy S3 is looking pretty damn good at the moment I'll tell ya.
P.S, not too thrilled with your "new" page layout either. Should not take someone 5 minutes to figure out how to post a new thread!
How about a BIG HUGE button that says POST NEW THREAD HERE DUMMY!
- 02-21-13, 03:23 PM #4
Phone is too small a thing to waste your hate on. My advice would be to check the review of Q10 (when it releases) and confirm from owners that the list of things you hate aren't going to say Hi to you on that.
Also IMO, it should not take five minutes to figure out how to post a new thread even in this "new" layout.
- CrackBerry Genius
02-21-13, 03:23 PM #6
- 2,300 Posts
Not sure about the point of the post... as user experiences with anything is subjective at best... unsure why the OP is recommending others not purchase the unit... that would only be logical if everyone was just like the OP.... The OP has every right to post his or her experiences but it is a reach for me to catagorize the BB10 as a failure becuse it does not do what the "OP" wants it too.... I concur with "Thunderbuck".... Life is too short.....
- 02-21-13, 03:24 PM #7
2. The reason it does that for you is you need to turn off Magnify mode. Here is how you do that: Settings>Accessibility>Magnify Mode: Off
3. Not exactly a solution but your phone is always in the bottom left corner. As soon as you click that it shows you your favourites with a big picture of them that you can click on. Super quick, super easy. The way you want it (open up Phone, then switch to the dialer, then hold a key for 2 seconds) would actually take much longer.
4. You can search in Remember. Simply use the main search app (in the bottom centre of your app screens). You can even customize this to only search in Remember if you want by hitting the 3 lines icon.
P.S. You really couldn't find the huge purple button bigger than anything else on the screen?
- 02-21-13, 03:25 PM #8
Sorry it didn't work out the way you like it eh, Return the phone if you don't like it, I have no problem getting used to my z10.
keyboard is awesome once you're used to it. and yes there is search function
BTW you didn't expect it to be exactly the same as os 7 or older did ya?
and you finally did find the post new thread button eh, to me sounds like you don't like changes.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-21-13, 03:30 PM #9
- 573 Posts
1) Agenda view..While in calendar hit the down arrow top right. Choose Agenda view
2) Anyone going from a non touch to full touch screen has this issue at first. Can you not teach an old dog new tricks?
3) Phone screen choose the calls option at the bottom, set your speed dial at the top
4)You just have to remember to look in remember for your old Memo pad data...lol
I highly recommend the Z10, but thats just me
ps I have a SGS3...pretty painful to use
- CrackBerry Master
02-21-13, 03:34 PM #10
- 1,064 Posts
I can only agree with OP about my disappointment with the 'Remember' functionality. Being a QWERTY keyboard kind of guy myself I find that the virtual keyboard on my new Z10 has converted me after only a few Short days. There is an app by S4BB that is called 'Calender view which does what you are wanting...i think. Sorry you are not satisfied but I have to say I am able to overlook some of the small faults that can be fixed with a simple OS Update and am excited about the end result of a brand new OS from BlackBerry.
CB10 App, Z10
- CrackBerry Addict
02-21-13, 03:47 PM #12
- 722 Posts
Quoting: "I've been a blackberry guy since Christ was a cowboy, but this things is real disappointing for me. My son's Galaxy S3 is looking pretty damn good at the moment I'll tell ya.",...
Pls don't take this the wrong way gramps!,....but I'm sure you'll be a lot more comfortable on the GS-III,....at least you won't make any lazy posts here!
- 02-21-13, 03:52 PM #16
I completely understand your frustration with a new device. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw my new A/V receiver out the window because I was having trouble connecting all the components. And that's not even talking about my early experience with computers!
Having said that, I have come to realize that many of my issues with machines have been user related issues. In other words, me. I now take advantage of forums such as this one to get help from people more experienced than I with a particular, confounding piece of electronics. I find it is not only instructive, it's fun as well. I've noticed good advice here to help you with your concerns. Take advantage of it. Come back for more. And like many of us here, enjoy the voyage of discovery and learning that comes with a new device.
Looking forward to hearing from you again...on your Z10.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-21-13, 04:13 PM #22
- 186 Posts
While I definitely understand the need to vent, the CrackBerry nation is being especially defensive about the Z10 and BB10 right now. So you're gonna have to expect some stings coming at you when you post a negative or sarcastic thread. The Z10 is a completely new phone and it will not make everyone happy but I am still eagerly waiting US Launch to make up my own mind about it.
I will admit i love the screen on the thing tho, and if turning off Magnify mode tames that damn backspace key I might come to grips with it eventually.
- By rightcoastsurf in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 19Last Post: 12-12-08, 04:14 PM
- By gtfrede in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 17Last Post: 11-12-08, 08:52 AM
- By rdrz in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-21-08, 10:47 AM
- By AndyRose in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 3Last Post: 02-23-08, 09:35 AM
- By ferg19776 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-21-07, 06:49 PM