I loved the alarm clock feature on the earlier blackberry phones. Where I could set it to come on and wake me up. It saved my battery and got me up because the phone would turn on at the right time. I don't know how to set it on the Z10 to do the same thing? Also I got a Data Alert from Verizon saying I have used up 70% 0f my data usage. And I apparently used it while asleep. Well if that neat feature is gone I'll adjust but I hate putting the phone in airplane mode just so it won't use up my data limit. Other than that I really enjoy my Zed. It's a great product.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:54 AM
    The current version doesn't have the auto on off feature. I'm not sure if 10.1 does. Perhaps someone with that can chime in.

If u set the alarm and then swipe down for bedside mode I find it not only saves the battery but also turns off all notifications. Works for me since I only used to shut the phone off before to avoid being disturbed.

So bedside mode will turn off notifications and save battery.

As for the data usage, your going to have to perhaps test apps and see which one the culprit is.

I also had to bump my data plan as the compressed data days are over, so everyone is likely to experience some sort of increased data usage.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-04-13 10:23 AM
    Thanks man I appreciate your response. I will use Bedside mode to ensure I get up on time. I too will have to raise my Data Limit. As I tend to use it a lot more than I did my Torch 9810. I am looking forward to using BBM video if any of my friends will upgrade their curve to the Zed or Q10 .

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-04-13 10:34 AM