I've had mine (in white) now for a week and love it. There's a few stuff missing and I'm hoping with all the sponsoring Blackberry have here in the UK for Sky TV we will get a native app for Sky Go and Sky+ Remote. The Mrs chose the S3 and the good thing is that the kids nick her phone rather than mine, although I have bought a few apps and games myself and love the fact you get them advert free. I absolutely love the TimeShift as it has come in handy for my daughters birthday and there is nothing cooler than adjusting each and everyone of her and her friends faces for the perfect blowing out of candles and those beaming faces. Friends are also very impressed too. I just need to find a decent case now
    02-25-13 07:13 PM
    Got my brand new sealed Z10 today, won it on Ebay for �280!! Bargain!
    I have been playing with it all day and its absolutely amazing! The keyboard is absolutely hands down the best touch screen keyboard i have ever used and i have used a fair few of them. The UI is super smooth and is so slick and easy to navigate. Downloaded Flixster and a few games, order a casemate barely there case and now i am pretty much raring to go. Just have to introduce it to my friends and see what they say, hopefully sway them into buying a few themselves!
    goodcoffy likes this.
    02-26-13 04:21 PM
    Oh yea! Finally got it, and I'm in love haha!!
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-photo-2-.jpg
    02-26-13 10:37 PM
    i am getting mine from ebay .since us carriers still don't have them.i am on t mobile as of yesterday and just waiting for my phone to come.hopefully fri/sat.can't wait.
    02-26-13 11:32 PM
    Had my Z10 for two weeks now, Vodafone upgrade from a 9800. Good build quality, and feels like a well-made product. The bad stuff. BB Hub is good but why no Outlook connector?? I hear this is coming in the next release. Maps are terrible, does not even show what speed you are travelling at. All the banking apps I used (NatWest, Barclays) are not available yet and BB World looks like a bunch of toys and games. Battery life is very disappointing, needs constant top us despite being charged all night. Apps frequently fail to load. Wi-Fi is random and still thinks it�s connected to a network 100 miles away!! BB Link is also a bit lame. Not bad for a Beta, but BB must do better if they want to still be here next year.
    02-27-13 02:38 AM
    Had my Z10 for two weeks now, Vodafone upgrade from a 9800. Good build quality, and feels like a well-made product. The bad stuff. BB Hub is good but why no Outlook connector?? I hear this is coming in the next release. Maps are terrible, does not even show what speed you are travelling at. All the banking apps I used (NatWest, Barclays) are not available yet and BB World looks like a bunch of toys and games. Battery life is very disappointing, needs constant top us despite being charged all night. Apps frequently fail to load. Wi-Fi is random and still thinks it�s connected to a network 100 miles away!! BB Link is also a bit lame. Not bad for a Beta, but BB must do better if they want to still be here next year.
    Hi Mathew!
    I also come from the 9800 but find the z10 much more functional and am loving it everyday more and more.

The battery cannot compare to the torch but this is only normal for the phone specs and use. I find that having discharged it fully a couple of times and following the tips in the forums this only got better. During the day I only use auto sync in my work email also and found a way to balance the use. It will easily get me through the day without top ups as long as I can counter the urge to play around with it...

As for the update it is coming with local sync for contacts and calendar. Check this thread out: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=768590

Wifi is great up to now in my case. As for apps most are on the way (WhatsApp etc).
    For banking you d have to contact your bank I imagine and let them fill you in on their plans.

Link is part of the upgrade soon and it works better that the dm on the torch (apart from the very important local sync commented on above).

For me one major downturn is no bis support which I knew would be an issue and now I am getting used into changing the way I use my phone for data consumption. That is a hard change but will get down to it soon as u believe the functionality offered worths it.

One of the real downs for me is automated attachment downloading on the emails but this again is been addressed

I think if you give it a month or two most of the issues you mention will have been addressed including battery optimisation.

All the best!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 02:59 AM
    One tip for scrolling through the screens on the main "desktop" is not to do multiple swipes right to left but to slide your finger over the little dots above the magnifying glass much quicker scroll through the screens
    FedoraForMe likes this.
    02-27-13 03:20 AM
    Just got mine yesterday here in Lagos Nigeria. The Z10 just got to here the same day and seriously generating good attention with some picking up there pre-orders. I'm so excited about it and still getting use to the gestures and swiping, which is no problem at all, as I'm already used to all of these moves. Thanks to Crackberry for the teachings. Just some minutes ago there was an upgrade in software requirement which I did as I downloaded the BlackBerry Link and connected the z10. I don't know the difference included in the upgrade but I believe is for the better experience we are all expecting the z10 to give.
    02-27-13 08:10 AM
    Got mine 1 week ago here in Dubai - only because I was in China when they started selling it here in Dubai . Biggest hassle came from Etisalat and not from BlackBerry: Wanted to replace my SIM to Micro and they needed 24 hours to activate the Micro SIM. Right from the beginning I was amazed by OS10. In my view the best architecture and intutitive logic I ever saw! Coming from Bold as typical "physical keyboarder" I was most sceptic with the virtual keyboard. But now I am very impressed and see it as worth to have more screen . There are some - in my view usual - starting obstacles, for sure also on carrier side.
    But thanks to this great forum here, everything is solveable.
    Keep on going!

Greetz
    currentodysseys and Lehomer like this.
    02-27-13 09:07 AM
    I got mine from Canada here in Florida on AT&T. Unlocked it using crackberry unlocking service. Loving it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 11:17 AM
    I like mine a lot. Couldn't settle on just one.

https://twitter.com/IsRiViculous/sta...93651070025728
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-27-13 11:23 AM
    Just got mine up and running (unlock from crackberry unlocking services as well) and I tried the bbm video chat for the first time. This is going to be amazing once I get my whole fleet working with these Z10's. Although I'm not sure all of them will want the Z10, they might want the Q10 so I have time for them all to try this out and see what they think.
    Now, time to go to school and learn how to use this puppy properly. The fun begins.
    02-27-13 12:17 PM
    Although it got launched in India on 25th, it started hitting stores only on 27th ... I got mine yesterday evening.. in fact one of the blackberry store in the city got 12 units which were pre-ordered and all were sold off yesterday itself within few hours.

Loving it ... My contacts from GMail up and running, all emails configured .. no glitches so far. Comes with Software relase 10.0.10.58 and OS Version 10.0.10.261. Running it on Vodafone India on HSPA+ network ...

Initial take away .. Radio is stronger than iPhone 5.. places were iPhone 5 drops 3G signals, Z10 shows H+ ... Battery too early to comment...
    02-28-13 01:55 AM
    Although it got launched in India on 25th, it started hitting stores only on 27th ... I got mine yesterday evening.. in fact one of the blackberry store in the city got 12 units which were pre-ordered and all were sold off yesterday itself within few hours.

Loving it ... My contacts from GMail up and running, all emails configured .. no glitches so far. Comes with Software relase 10.0.10.58 and OS Version 10.0.10.261. Running it on Vodafone India on HSPA+ network ...

Initial take away .. Radio is stronger than iPhone 5.. places were iPhone 5 drops 3G signals, Z10 shows H+ ... Battery too early to comment...
    It's a BlackBerry , alright. Better in telecommunications in every way.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    suvo likes this.
    02-28-13 02:14 AM
    Got mine yesterday from WIND. Loving it so far! Only problem is that somehow during set-up I managed to change the keyboard from qwerty to azerty, and I can't figure out how to change it back! Love the predictive texting, but it takes more time with the different configuration of the keyboard. Anyone?
    02-28-13 08:27 AM
    Got mine yesterday from WIND. Loving it so far! Only problem is that somehow during set-up I managed to change the keyboard from qwerty to azerty, and I can't figure out how to change it back! Love the predictive texting, but it takes more time with the different configuration of the keyboard. Anyone?
    This might help...

"To activate multiple languages in the keyboard's prediction engine, swipe down from the top pane of any home screen, tap Settings, tap Language and Input, then Input Languages, and Add/Remove Languages at the bottom."
    02-28-13 09:46 AM
    I've got mine exactly 2 weeks ago on feb 14th. I used to own a Galaxy S3 and two iPhones before that. So far, I'm a happy camper and a new BB enthusiast.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-28-13 10:30 AM
    This might help...

"To activate multiple languages in the keyboard's prediction engine, swipe down from the top pane of any home screen, tap Settings, tap Language and Input, then Input Languages, and Add/Remove Languages at the bottom."
    Thank you! It did work. What seems to happen is that as soon as you choose another input language in addition to English (I'm bilingual, so I would like French as well), the keyboard defaults to AZERTY. Annoying to say the least. But I don't type in French that often, so I suppose I can keep it in English, unless you or anyone else knows of a work-around?
    02-28-13 11:52 AM
    Thank you! It did work. What seems to happen is that as soon as you choose another input language in addition to English (I'm bilingual, so I would like French as well), the keyboard defaults to AZERTY. Annoying to say the least. But I don't type in French that often, so I suppose I can keep it in English, unless you or anyone else knows of a work-around?
    Aha, found it. You need to specify the keyboard layout for each language chosen. All good now! Thanks again!
    02-28-13 11:53 AM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 01:41 PM
    Got it. Love it. Back to my old long-lasting love, finally .. Already discovered a million things it does better than iPhone (typing, volume key music control, unified inbox ..) basically all the good old BlackBerry stuff we leaned to love over the years, put in an all new, modern jacket .. So niiiiiccccce!
    02-28-13 02:25 PM
    Picked up my Z10 today; upgraded from iPhone 5. One of my biggest gripes with ios was that fact I couldn't compose group emails - without a third party app. Low and behold, I have the same issue AGAIN!! This is a BlackBerry, this the kind of stuff it is suppose to do!

Signed,
    Disappointed

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:07 PM
    Picked it up this morning. Not happy. Cant sync outlook. Can't import my contacts. I hate to say this, I am very disappointed.
    No other BB I owned had these issues transferring from 1 device to another. I've spent all afternoon and I'm at my wits end.
    The phone will probably be going back tomorrow and I'm going back to my torch.
    The way things stand I would have to carry 2 phones . The Z10 and my Torch. Because without my contacts or calender the z10 is nothing but a basic cell phone like I had 20 years ago.
    I would not recommend this phone
    02-28-13 07:48 PM
    Picked it up this morning. Not happy. Cant sync outlook. Can't import my contacts. I hate to say this, I am very disappointed.
    No other BB I owned had these issues transferring from 1 device to another. I've spent all afternoon and I'm at my wits end.
    The phone will probably be going back tomorrow and I'm going back to my torch.
    The way things stand I would have to carry 2 phones . The Z10 and my Torch. Because without my contacts or calender the z10 is nothing but a basic cell phone like I had 20 years ago.
    I would not recommend this phone
    Sorry, but you can't generalize like that. If you looked around the forums you would find plenty of help. I had no issues at all during the transition from my Torch. I believe the Outlook issue is/has been addressed.
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-28-13 08:21 PM
    The 'I got my Z10' thread-post.jpg

Looky!

First boot, home screen on my new Storm Trooper!

Awesome!
    rexxenex, emirozmen and goodcoffy like this.
    03-01-13 01:29 AM
1,854 ... 2627282930 ...