Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast
Like Tree965Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclexpress View Post
    Just picked mine up earlier today. Not gonna lie - my first impressions are that I am missing my 9900!!
    I figure I just need some time to get it figured out, but I miss the email capabilities of OS7. Not being able to swipe between messages or quickly highlight multiple messages seems like a serious oversight thus far. If I could combine the old OS7 inbox with BB10, I think it would be sweet, sweet bliss.
    However, the browser has thus far been absolutely stellar and I love not having to hold down the trusty old bb button to switch between applications. My one negative on the multitasking is that I wish a swipe across the screen would switch apps like on the playbook.
    If it just keeps getting better then I think we are all in for a treat!!
    I have had mine since Canada launch day and it does get much better quickly. Having had a keyboard for 6+ years it was an adjustment but I am now typing with almost the same speed and accuracy as with my qwerty. I will be sticking with a Z10, the power of this OS blows away 7.1.
    CrackBerry Addict

I just got my Z10 this morning! Currently in the process of getting things set up. So far typing on this is fairly good coming from the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

See post 605 below.
    CrackBerry Genius

Just got mine, so far so good. Nice device!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Just picked mine up earlier today. Not gonna lie - my first impressions are that I am missing my 9900!!
    I figure I just need some time to get it figured out, but I miss the email capabilities of OS7. Not being able to swipe between messages or quickly highlight multiple messages seems like a serious oversight thus far. If I could combine the old OS7 inbox with BB10, I think it would be sweet, sweet bliss.
    However, the browser has thus far been absolutely stellar and I love not having to hold down the trusty old bb button to switch between applications. My one negative on the multitasking is that I wish a swipe across the screen would switch apps like on the playbook.
    Go check out the 10 email tips in Crackberry.com, you'll find exactly what you think isn't in the 10 Os. You have to long press one email, then you can select multiple ones.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    It feels snappier...

Sounds like you are missing the trackpad and dedicated buttons... I still miss them a bit... until I fire up that browser... sweet sweet browser...
    [shabbs]
    BlackBerry Z10/STL100-3 [OS v10.2.1.1925]
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB [OS v2.1.0.1753]
    CrackBerry User

how did u get it in Jakarta when the launch would only be sometime in March? and do you have any idea when it will be released to other South East Asia country i.e. Malaysia?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by sportline View Post
    just bought mine in Jakarta yesterday, about $1500, black unit. the launch in indonesia is planned around march, singapore in feb 21.
    how did u get it in Jakarta when the launch in Indonesia would be some time in March? Do u know when will it be released in other South East Asia country i.e Malaysia? am being obsessed with this forum for like 3 months but still no idea when the phone will actually be released in Malaysia.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkosigan View Post
    I got my Z10! Hubby brought it home late tonight so haven't had much time to play with it - just got all my accounts set up.
    First impressions - love the feel in my hand. Will hate to put it into it's case tomorrow - but I don't want to risk that beautiful screen. I've never had a touch screen phone and I'm not used to being too careful with my Curve so I got a flip case.
    The UI is very smooth and the data transfer went great. I had most things saved to my microsd card anyway.
    The only thing I can't find that I really need is my Password Keeper. I have probably close to 50 passwords in it. If it didn't make it to BB10 I'll have to find an app alternative.
    Can't wait till tomorrow to dive into this phone!
    Just got the Password Keeper from BlackBerry world. Seems to work great, and I think it was free.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Default The 'I got my Z10' thread

Any news of lastpass is coming to bb10 as a native app?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

Got my Z10 today. I like it but I'm really feeling the learning curve.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Boring signature.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I love the Z10 ..... I have the flip cover but much prefer the feel without the case.The naked phone feels brilliant. I need the case though as I've dropped it once already and with the cover ... no damage ...... at home I use it without any case/cover.
    CrackBerry Newbie

anyone know where can I buy a Z10 sim free or even locked without contract in London now? Please tell me. Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

The wife picked one up on Friday. I was going to hold out for the Q10, but I really really like the Z.

I read just about every review on the Z on the web, and couldn't wait to get my paws on one to draw my own conclusion.

My conclusion?

Its an outstanding phone. Easy to use, easy to set up. Blazing fast web browse. Camera works great. Feels great in the hand. Display looks sharp and bright. We're not huge app people, but all the key apps we need are there.

After using my wifes Z, and going back to my 9900, I feel like Im holding an ancient piece of tech that is no longer relevant.

Yep, if you haven't figured it out yet, its only a matter of time before I dump my 9900 for a shiny new Z.
    Thanked by:
    jarrodmeyer (02-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

I finally got the time to go get mine a couple of days ago. I'm just really really enjoying it. If someone asked me to describe a z10 with BB10 in just one word, I would have to use "elegant". I know that may seem a pretentious word to use, but it so accurately sums it up for me. From the way it looks, to how it feels in your hand, to how it's used.
    Thanked by:
    jarrodmeyer (02-23-2013) 
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24BF98CB

I have had mine since the 5th on Rogers, just now noticed this thread though
    It was indeed a momentous occasion, with me standing there just wanting to snatch the phone from the Futureshop guy's hand and run from the store screaming "FINALLY!"

I do in fact love it though, and have had no issues with it.
    When I demo it to people, there are 2 things I focus on...the browser and the keyboard. These are the 2 aspects that impress me most. And over time my typing has improved to a point where I'm more confident to show off the keyboard. Typing on the Z10 is truly a fun experience and has made me into a full touch convert. I doubt I'll even look at the Q10 when it arrives.
    BB4LIF3
    CrackBerry User

Default Z 10 likes and dislikes

I will start by saying I am a die hard Blackberry supporter and as long as they stay in business I will own one. I was excited to get the Z10 off ebay from a Canada seller. It took me 2-3 days to get comfortable with the phone. Here are my initial thoughts.
    1. The phone looks and feels phenomenal. Has a high quality appearance, but is still tough to handle multiple drops. I'd say it's hit the deck 4 times so far and hasn't shown any issues. Feels great pressed to my ear unlike the my bold that felt like I was pressing a blade to my ear and the size of it is perfect.
    2. Once you set up the Blackberry Hub to your specifications it is awesome and checking the hub while in another application is unreal.
    3. Camera and video are the best around.
    4. App world is really cool for the first time and I can finally let my little boy play fricken Angry Birds on my phone!!!!!!
    5. Story Maker is very very cool.
    Dislikes:
    1. I feel like the phone departed from Blackberry a touch and moved toward IPhone. I am now that guy swiping all over the place to use my phone. Whoever chose to eliminate the back button made a bad call. I will do my best to learn the key pad, initially it sucks, but a back and heck even a forward button would eliminate pointless swipes especially when you're trying to use one hand.
    2. The absence of a home screen and addition of the whole active frames or last app opened sucks. Just because I made a call, needed to quickly look at settings, visited a website, I don't want all that crap front and center. I want to go back to a homepage that I create with the top 4-5 things I use my phone for.

Overall a sweet phone and I'm happy with what BB has done. I will most likely buy the X10 when it comes out to get my keyboard back. Cheers!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Default The 'I got my Z10' thread

I cant in no way agree with you on the camera. Its nowjere near as good as on other phones, and you can see that on the photos on almost every review out there
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi guys,
    Haven't posted here in a loooong time, well since i had the Bold 9000 anyway
    Got my Z10 arriving tomorrow and just wanted to know if anybody has managed to sync with Linux? I'm running the latest Ubuntu and have no idea what the compatibility is going to be like. I would like to transfer my music and videos over but is it going to be a real pain? The only thing I can come up with is loading it all bit by bit onto my 2gb sd card and transferring that way which I REALLY don't want to do!
    Cheers for any resposes
    CrackBerry User

Got mine on Feb 14th as I was waiting for Telus to receive their first shipment of white Z10's. Coming from a Galaxy SII, I am definitely missing some of the apps I previously took for granted on Android. But I understand it's a new platform and the apps will come with time and it's something that is somewhat temporarily alleviated by sideloading some of the missing apps.

So far, I'm loving this thing! Even at this early stage, the hardware and software combination is so much more refined than any Android phone I've experienced. The biggest thing for me though is that I absolutely detested touchscreen keyboards after having tried virtually all of the different Android keyboards on my Galaxy SII, but the keyboard on the Z10 is fantastic and makes typing much less of a hair-pulling experience. And other than the Google calendar syncing issue and peek not defaulting to the hub (peeking into anything other than the hub sort of defeats the purpose of peek... why would I want to peek into my gmail or txt msgs or hub menu if I just received a notification for BBM??), I haven't experienced any notable problems. It's a great phone which I'm sure will only improve with time and I hope more people realize this and give BB a chance.

Anyways, here are a few pics of mine. REALLY glad I held out and waited for Telus to get the white model!

CrackBerry Newbie

I bought my Z10 on Saturday, upgraded from a Curve. There are lots of nice features, but I am incredibly disappointed in the fact that I can't sync my email, contacts, or calendar. I've spent today researching this issue online, and haven't been able to find a thing. Called my provider, Bell, who put me on to BlackBerry, who I hung up on after waiting too long on hold listening to a really annoying series of messages. I tweeted two messages asking for help to the twitter support team, with no reply. I've been a BlackBerry user for a long time, and am having a hard time believing that BlackBerry would do this to their loyal business cusomers. I certainly don't want to sync any information over a cloud, or have to set up any other email accounts, etc., in order to sync the ones I already have. I'll be returning this phone this weekend (the nearest Bell store is 2 hours away from me) and returning to my Curve asap.

If anyone can tell me there's a fix to this issue before Saturday, please alert me!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24BF98CB

See this post Janet

http://crackberry.com/outlook-usb-sy...nk?cb_mobile=0

Posted via CB10
    BB4LIF3
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain_kyle View Post
    anyone know where can I buy a Z10 sim free or even locked without contract in London now? Please tell me. Thanks
    you can get one online Unlocked-mobiles.com or expansys.com would be some of your options for example. Just search for sim free mobile Z10 UK
    Common logic was introduced in order to balance the absurdity of common perception, then we invented marketing and messed it all up again.

BarBerryan by choice
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sandman10 View Post
    After using my wifes Z, and going back to my 9900, I feel like Im holding an ancient piece of tech that is no longer relevant.
    I felt the exact same. I think everyone who is using the old OS already feels like their phone is holding onto the last threads of technological relevance, and the Z10 puts blackberry and the user back at the forefront of the game with a solid OS, slick (and VERY LIGHT) phone. There are some things that need improvement, but they are almost exclusively OS-related and will probably be fixed in a patch before the USA launch.

The hub integration is great, especially when it ties users and facebook profiles to create the most complete contact list you`ve ever had. (this can be a bit of a pain when the facebook accounts dont necessarily match with existing contacts, creating multiple similar entries. however, this is easily fixed with a litle bit of linking)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just received my Z10 an hour and a half ago!!!

So far I have to say that... I LOVE IT!!!
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast