So I had an interesting occurrence today at work. I was in an impromptu meeting with 4 colleagues and a supervisor. We were discussing how vulnerable the Android phones are to spyware and viruses. Someone mentioned that the iphone was the safer alternative since all the apps have to be approved before they're released into the app store. I then showed someone my Z-10 and proudly proclaimed that this was the safest phone of all. Albeit it was lacking in the number of apps available. What happened next was very disheartening: no one had ever heard about the Z-10. They were very interested in my phone and a couple of the guys said they would be getting the Z-10 after playing with mine for a few minutes. They really liked how the phone "flowed".

My job is not in the tech field but phone communications, emails and messaging play a big part in our everyday tasks. So I was a bit surprised that no one had ever heard of the new Blackberry Z-10. I am in a company with at least 500 employees, and while I have seen a very, very small smattering of people with 9930's and some curve phones I have yet to run across one other person with a Z-10.

I have had my blackberry since it was released here in April (Verizon). I have had to send it back once due to a screen imperfection and I was sent a refurbished model (I sent it back a couple of days past the 14 day return period). I suffered through all the reboot and other bugs waiting for the update which was released last weekend.

While I am not blown away by my phone I will not be switching to an Android phone ever and I have no plans to switch to the iphone . . . at this time. And I feel the jury is still out on the Microsoft phones.

I don't feel I am settling, because I do feel that the Blackberry OS is superior to anything that's out there. However I worry that unless Blackberry finds away to grow a bigger user base they won't survive the smart phone wars.

Just an observation.
    07-30-13 08:49 PM
    Well, strike while the irons are hot. AT&T and Verizon Z10s are $0 on new line and upgrades at Best Buy. As they could say in a video game:FINISH THEM! How many of your co-workers are due for upgrades? Good questions while the opportunity is there. Just an idea....
    07-31-13 12:32 AM
    I just took advantage of the Bestbuy offer, yesterday, and got my husband a new phone. In the store, however, it was $1.00 for a grand total of $1.09 with tax.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:29 AM