Hello fellow z10 owners.
    Well I have my z10 I love it. I ditched am iPhone for it never looked back.
    It if by far the best touch keyboard experience but I'm done with it.
    I was helping in an accident and with Cold fingers. Could hardly use this phone. Combined with snowing out causing The damp screen. Near frost bitten fingers. I could not do it.
    I have confidence that the q10 I have on order would have been able to pull off what I needed to do.
    Good by, I will hopefully be over In the q10 forums soon.

Later.
    02-16-14 11:22 PM
    I've never had this problem. The q10 would solve the problem when typing emails and whatnot, but you'd still have to touch the screen when you want to send it.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:27 PM
    Your typos tell me that you'll be better off with a QWERTY anyway lol.
    02-16-14 11:28 PM
    Haha sorry about the type-os your correct I think the q10 is better for me for may reason.
    You have to touch to send. Well I think the less I touch the safer I'll be
    It's true I have never gotten good at touch but this phone has given me the best shot I would have. I was just surprised how hard a time I had at the accident.

Thanks.
    02-16-14 11:37 PM
    I like my Z10, but I've had similar times to the one you've described, where I've need to do a bunch of stuff or type a lot, and nothing can beat a Q10 for me.

I can type perfectly on my Z10 if I try. It's much better than the iPhone and Android keyboards, but it is still very rare that I can type an entire message without of/if, os/is, my/ym, if/I'd or some other auto correct mistake. Sometimes I even flick the wrong word or accidentally press Send early. I'm sure this would all be fine and normal if I didn't have my Q10. Just like the way iPhone users always have auto correct errors and it's just common.

But I have a Q10, and while I do enjoy having a full touch screen phone for a very limited number of things, the Q10 is like my safety blanket. Everything that I use my phone for is better on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:18 AM
    Hay thanks.
    I am very excited and hopeful for my q10.
    Actually I notice the games I like don't need the z screen.
    I think it's a good fit. I delayed the purchase and while the z impresses me I tried the 9900 again and it was just oh so very right. Haha
    02-17-14 01:41 AM
    Hay thanks.
    I am very excited and hopeful for my q10.
    Actually I notice the games I like don't need the z screen.
    I think it's a good fit. I delayed the purchase and while the z impresses me I tried the 9900 again and it was just oh so very right. Haha
    Yeah the Q10 to me is the ultimate BlackBerry. I was so happy with my 9900, it felt perfect and looked great, and of course had that perfect keyboard. I didn't think it could get any better.. but then it did. The Q10 is like a huge upgrade to the 9900, and while it looks really similar, it has everything you're used to on your Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 03:07 AM
    If it wasn't for the Z10 I would be using an Android ,as I kept my storm 2 going as long as possible
    02-17-14 06:01 AM
    I'm the opposite. After having a 8130, 9550, and a 9930 through the past 5 winters I can safely state that having to put pressure on buttons with icy fingers is agony. Has even required a bandaid a couple times from thumbs splitting open. Trying to type with gloves didn't help either. One winter with my Z10 and my thumbs are very happy.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:19 AM
    Interesting opposition.
    Thank you.
    I will have to see...I would agree for sure with the 9700 but the q seems to have a larger smother button.
    But I appreciate your reply
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-17-14 06:21 AM
    I have the same issue. When it is cold weather I can't swipe the screen smoothly. But, having "matte" screen protector solved this issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:23 AM
    The Q10 screen will act the same way in cold wet weather!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:29 AM
    Interesting opposition.
    Thank you.
    I will have to see...I would agree for sure with the 9700 but the q seems to have a larger smother button.
    But I appreciate your reply
    Food for thought - it takes more pressure to sense things the colder your digits get. Larger keys/buttons will most likely be easier to activate longer; but after a certain point it probably won't matter what size the buttons are.

This isn't meant to dissuade from your decision, just my addition to pros and cons.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:31 AM
    Oh I love my matte screen on my PlayBook book. Good point.
    And I the one post said you kept your storm. Really sadly the full touch storm was the reason 2 friends left berry. I had the touch and found with out the keypad the phone would have been unless. But Hay opinions right..... but a storm can't complain to a z10s keyboard.
    Any how i traded for this phone the z because when my hardware update came in I could not decided what one to get. But q is the winner. However I'm glad I had a few months with the z10.
    02-17-14 06:32 AM
    Oh one more thing. I love dark theme. Love love love it. And naturally the dark on the q is a perk. I just gotta see how to get the settings theme dark I saw it in a picture one time but either way bbm and sms in dark is so very nice indeed.
    I think it's funny apple went white on the os7 and berry want black. And then the warm tone white. Love it.
    02-17-14 06:37 AM
    It was very stressful at the road with the touch screen tho that's my main point. At the office sure it's fine. Humid weather too was bad.
    02-17-14 06:39 AM
    I purchased my z10 used to see if I could manage bb10 and virtual keyboards... I have failed to detach from WebOS for years of trying with the latest and 'better' phones... I was very pleased with my pre3 until it commitment suicide by jumping from my hands one night.

I am okay with this keyboard but know a real one is the best... u eagerly aware a slider torch style bb10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:36 AM
    I was determined to continue my qwerty ways and go from the 9930 to the Q10. Just for fun I got the Z10 to play with until the Q10 dropped. In difficult conditions I found the voice dictation useful and accurate. I never did get the Q10, and now I have the Z30. Even better.At least give the voice recognition feature a try.
    02-17-14 08:23 AM
    I know what u mean OP. It is quite hard to type when the temps are below or at freezing for me. I usually wait until I am in my car. Flicking helps a lot for me. I did have some frustrations with the Z10 when my son was in an accident and we were at ER. I had to send multiple messages out and it was harder than when I had my Bold 9900. Having said that, I had bought and sold two Q10 s, because I am addicted to the gorgeous screen on the Z10 (love the LCD), and oddly to the touchscreen keyboard. It is just so smooth compared to the Q10. I was expecting the 9900 feel and quality but felt that it was more of a Curve like experience. But I miss the nostalgia of a physical keyboard at times. Hmmm, time to check Ebay again...

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-17-14 08:49 AM
    Neither my PB nor my Z10 like responding if my fingers are wet - using them for recipes, I've run into that more than once.

After 4 months, I'm still adapting to the z10 after the 9930. Sometimes I do wish I have real keys!
    02-17-14 10:33 AM