I don't really have too many issues with rebooting, but then I'm running a leaked 10.1. Verizon needs to get on the ball and update their OS!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:49 PM
    This is why I have not and will not recommend this phone to anyone until this issue is resolved.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-13-13 06:49 PM
    LOL shorts are all over this board making up fake stories. Really pathetic. Funny I, 3 people in my family, and 2 friends and 2 friends of theirs all have the z and none of us have every had any problems with this yet out of nowhere right before blackberry live this bs starts. 100% lie by short sellers. Get a life man.
    You are ridiculous.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    05-13-13 06:51 PM
    This is why I have not and will not recommend this phone to anyone until this issue is resolved.

Tim

I completely agree.
    chazk likes this.
    05-13-13 06:52 PM
    Kind of frustrating. I was really excited about him getting the phone. He was excited. He really actually liked the damn thing! BUT, it kept randomly restarting on him. Since the very first day it starting doing this. I read a few other people having these problems. But it doesn't seem that everyone does. He went to get it exchanged before his 14 day trial period and they gave him a brand new one. It was fine for a few days and on the 14th day it restarted again. On the 15th day it did it again. He is now going to fight to go back to the iPhone 5 which obviously does not have this issue.

Being the BB fan that I am I find this to be extremely frustrating and totally unacceptable. Not even my almost 2 year old 9900 does that. In fact the latest OS update I just installed made it an even more solid and stable OS (BELIEVE IT OR NOT, YES THE 9900 IS ACTUALLY STILL A GREAT DEVICE -minus the camera-).

I am mostly upset because now everyone at work is going to be like HAAAA see we told you BlackBerry Sucks! LOL.. And well to be honest I am going to find it really difficult to disagree with them. I honestly really hope that now that it is after the 14th day they let him get a different device. I would have preferred obviously that he had a better experience with the Z10 so that he would keep it.

Can anyone else shed some light this way? How common is this on the Z10? I have read some other threads that it might be an issue only with a certain model #. I told him that but when he went to get a new one they only had that same model. Is this something that can be fixed with an OS update? Or is it hardware specific? I really want to get the Q10 and was happy to finally have someone else on my BBM friends list. I am now back to 0 and honestly after this experience, I cannot recommend for anyone else to get a BB10 device. It truly makes me sad
    I haven't experienced any restarts on a Telus z10. Had it since Feb.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:00 PM
    Only 2 posts too your name and you know it all?

Your short on something yourself.

Tim

This was actually quite funny !!!!
    sbx9900 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:01 PM
    It does seem odd!! For what ever reason it's seems to happen to users who are on American networks!! This needs to be addressed!!
    05-13-13 07:06 PM
    It's a blackberry feature...they call it automatic cache flushing...look it up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    21stNow likes this.
    05-13-13 07:09 PM

Tim

I've had androids reboot, and my the first ip5 I got had the same problems, doesn't mean I wouldn't recommend a phone.

I have 6 z10 in my close family n friends and not one reboots, so it's not all z10's just like it wasn't all iphones or androids.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:10 PM
    American carriers suck big time. It's really wierd, most of the threads on Crackberry were positive before the US launch of Z10. But after the US launch, there are mostly negative stories. Is it really the phone, networks, or plain old bashing from the biased media. I do think the reboot issue exists but how come it's such a big deal only in the states?
    05-13-13 07:14 PM
    It's a blackberry feature...they call it automatic cache flushing...look it up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    I guess that's why you are using HTC one, right? I am sure your HTC one is fool proof.
    sbx9900 and brout like this.
    05-13-13 07:16 PM
    I love my Z10, and I haven't had the reboot problem on mine (still having my blue tooth problem though, but I believe BlackBerry will fix this in time so I'm not worried about it), but my sister in law bought the Z and did have this problem. Her Z10 kept rebooting. After 1 week she decided to exchange it for Samsung's latest (galaxy s4 ). I tried to talk her out of it. At least wanted her to install the leak to see if it would fix her problem (as I believe it would), but she would not do it. I felt sad about that, but what can you do? Now I'm more careful when I talk to people about buying the Z10. I just like to tell them to try it, to give a chance, and see how it goes. I like to emphasize the Z10 can be a great phone to have... For me the keyboard is its' best feature, secondly I love the flow and the screen size on the Z10. The Z10 is an Awesome phone albeit not perfect yet.
    05-13-13 07:18 PM
    In Thors defense, if he went out and said "Yes the z10's are having reboot Problems" the media would dog him and that wouldn't be any good for stocks and potential customers. I agree they need to fix this ASAP. I have a tmobile Z and it's perfectly fine, I think tmobile has the least of issues IMO. It sucks people are having this problem, it really ruins the experience, hopefully 10.1 will fix this.

Posted via CB10
    sbx9900 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:21 PM
    I've had my Verizon Z10 since release 3/28. It restarted by itself a couple of times the first few weeks but I installed the leaked 10.1 OS and that stopped immediately. Interestingly, I got my better half a Z10 on 4/30. I chose not to upgrade his to 10.1, but his hasn't rebooted by itself either (tomorrow will be the 2 week point). I'm not saying this isn't an issue, but I believe 10.1 will clear it up.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:22 PM
    Mine does not restart.

Posted via CB10
    Mine hasn't restarted once either, and I'm on Verizon. It's so weird that so many people on VZW are having problems with their device, mine works perfectly for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:22 PM
    I can say that mine has yet to restart since putting 1756 on and I'm on Verizon. Don't worry about it. If he's that quick to return then it's not for him. 1.0 issues happen but get fixed.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:24 PM
    No it hasn't. Apparently it's going through carrier testing at this point. Being on VZW let's hope sometime this month

I would say, a month for verizon is being quite generous. I would say mid to late June. Verizon has a pattern. At least a month or more after everyone has it and is enjoying it. Then most of the time, still far from perfect

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:25 PM
    Mine does not restart. Also, "becoming" an Apple user is like how Dracula controlled his minions. Once Apple sinks their fangs into you, then your very source of life can come ONLY from them....I believe they call it more affectionately "the walled garden."
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:27 PM
    Any body's phone who reboots, does it happen while your using the phone? Some mention that it happens while they sleep. I don't see a problem if it's while you sleep as the phone is most likely detecting a memory leak or something of the sort and restarting to fix the issue. Just my guess. Have had my Zader10 since day one and have only restarted it twice. Wife's Q10 is only a week old but no problems thus far.

I don't always comment on CrackBerry but when I do its on my Zader10 via CB10
    05-13-13 07:28 PM
    American carriers suck big time. It's really wierd, most of the threads on Crackberry were positive before the US launch of Z10. But after the US launch, there are mostly negative stories. Is it really the phone, networks, or plain old bashing from the biased media. I do think the reboot issue exists but how come it's such a big deal only in the states?
    Because our carriers out here LOVE to load up the phone with crap and bloatware. Wouldn't doubt it if it had something to do with what the carriers push to the phones not being compatible with the O/S. It's QNX a brand new platform! You can't tell me that carriers know more about it then Blackberry itself does. All the tinkering they do to the phones out here just amazes me
    05-13-13 07:28 PM
    I tweeted Verizon support today and they said " We appreciate your interest in the update, Adam. No news as of yet. Keep an eye on VZW News; bit.ly/n5snpq ^YT"

I converted an iPhone user to the Z10 and now he is returning it!!!-img_00000056.png

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:30 PM
    If he "Needed" the Bible app, the blackberry community only gained.

Posted via CB10
    You are an intolerant Neanderthal and should be banned for such a hateful remark!! You are a jerk!!
    mkye86 likes this.
    05-13-13 07:31 PM
    Im on tmobile stl100 3 with the leaked 10.1 update. It just works fine. Im bored with this Z10 idk why... :S Maybe im not into trendy phones right now.
    05-13-13 07:35 PM
    Because our carriers out here LOVE to load up the phone with crap and bloatware. Wouldn't doubt it if it had something to do with what the carriers push to the phones not being compatible with the O/S. It's QNX a brand new platform! You can't tell me that carriers know more about it then Blackberry itself does. All the tinkering they do to the phones out here just amazes me
    Big freakin' conspiracy... I don't know, been reading plenty of Euro owners complaining of restarts. I'm an American, love my Z10 and it does not have restart issues.
    I recommend the Z10 hands down. Sure it isn't perfect just like any phone but I consider it the most user friendly UI there is and everybody seems to agree.

The Girlfriend has never had an issue with the phone rebooting or any other odd problem. Except for the phone being too bright in Bedside mode when plugged in and a lack of contact groups there hasn't been a single issue.

The Z10 has been VERY solid and reliable for the 3 months she has had it. Its too bad VZW is having issues or BB is having issues with VZW but it sure isn't a universal problem.
    seacan2 likes this.
211 1234 ...