Kind of frustrating. I was really excited about him getting the phone. He was excited. He really actually liked the damn thing! BUT, it kept randomly restarting on him. Since the very first day it starting doing this. I read a few other people having these problems. But it doesn't seem that everyone does. He went to get it exchanged before his 14 day trial period and they gave him a brand new one. It was fine for a few days and on the 14th day it restarted again. On the 15th day it did it again. He is now going to fight to go back to the iPhone 5 which obviously does not have this issue.

Being the BB fan that I am I find this to be extremely frustrating and totally unacceptable. Not even my almost 2 year old 9900 does that. In fact the latest OS update I just installed made it an even more solid and stable OS (BELIEVE IT OR NOT, YES THE 9900 IS ACTUALLY STILL A GREAT DEVICE -minus the camera-).

I am mostly upset because now everyone at work is going to be like HAAAA see we told you BlackBerry Sucks! LOL.. And well to be honest I am going to find it really difficult to disagree with them. I honestly really hope that now that it is after the 14th day they let him get a different device. I would have preferred obviously that he had a better experience with the Z10 so that he would keep it.

Can anyone else shed some light this way? How common is this on the Z10? I have read some other threads that it might be an issue only with a certain model #. I told him that but when he went to get a new one they only had that same model. Is this something that can be fixed with an OS update? Or is it hardware specific? I really want to get the Q10 and was happy to finally have someone else on my BBM friends list. I am now back to 0 and honestly after this experience, I cannot recommend for anyone else to get a BB10 device. It truly makes me sad

Final Thoughts:

Thanks to everyone for there great responses. I think I have gathered enough information to make an educated decision on my. Believe me when I say. By no means did I create this thread to bash BlackBerry. I do not however regret creating the thread because I did get some valuable responses. For those of you that said the problem isn't real, all I can really say is your thought process is really messed up. I saw the phone reboot with my own eyes as I was trying to disable his NFC. For the record, My friends issue never had anything to do with the lack of Apps. He really likes the phone. Loves the typing experience. He took a trip to San Antonio and took some really great pictures. He actually bought the phone in Dallas and got it exchanged in San Antonio. Same problem with both devices. They are not allowing him to return the phone at this point so he is going to keep it. I am trying to keep his hopes up in that 10.1 will fix the issue. If not he may need to just get a refurbished which he really does not want to do. Other than that particular pain point he is very pleased with the performance of the phone.

With that said It does seem that 10.1 will be the saving factor for this issue (let's hope). I am still getting the Q10. So on the bright side I still have 1 BBM contact. LOL. I will try to get my GF to convert to the Q10 as well she misses having a physical keyboard. She is currently an android user.

How do I close this thread?
    Last edited by mkye86; 05-14-13 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Closing Comments
    05-13-13 06:00 PM
    I don't bother because I know I would just be lying to them. I tell people this. Awesome phone, zero apps. And before someone tells me 100000 apps I ask would you want 100 pennies or ten dollars.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:04 PM
    Apps weren't really the issue. All he needed was MLB and a Bible App. It had both therefore he was happy with everything else on the device. Except for the fact that it kept restarting. Probably a total of 8 times in 15 days.
    w0qj likes this.
    05-13-13 06:07 PM
    I've had my Z10 since February 5th and haven't had any problems with it.

Reading through the threads it seems that this issue is primarily in the US. And I'd expect that 10.1 will be a big improvement.

I know this won't help your friend or potential snide comments.

As for BBM contacts...do a search on here for threads. Lots of them.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    05-13-13 06:09 PM
    I've had my Z10 since February 5th and haven't had any problems with it.

Reading through the threads it seems that this issue is primarily in the US. And I'd expect that 10.1 will be a big improvement.

I know this won't help your friend or potential snide comments.

As for BBM contacts...do a search on here for threads. Lots of them.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers

Thanks for the response. At least I know that this isn't really happening to everyone. Leaves hope for when I get my Q10. You would think if anything that in the US they would do everything possible to ensure that their customers had the most pain free user experience and have ironed out these issues. Has 10.1 not launched officially for the Z10?
    05-13-13 06:14 PM
    ONE!?!? I had THREE in my office return theirs, one bc of apps, the other two bc of reboots. All VZW.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:16 PM
    ONE!?!? I had THREE in my office return theirs, one bc of apps, the other two bc of reboots. All VZW.

Posted via CB10
    Dang! He's on ATT&T So I guess this is somewhat common then. SMH
    05-13-13 06:17 PM
    Mine does not restart.

Posted via CB10
    FastLane228 likes this.
    05-13-13 06:18 PM
    No it hasn't. Apparently it's going through carrier testing at this point. Being on VZW let's hope sometime this month

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:19 PM
    Maybe look around and see all the threads on this issue.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-13-13 06:20 PM
    I have been a BB user for the past 8 years. I have had 3 BB-- most recently a Bold 9930 before upgrading to the Z10. I went through 5 Bolds before we got one that worked-- it was a royal hassle, however, because I like the BB product, I put up with the guff. I have been through 2 Z10's, this being my second. The first one konked out in 12 hours-- the battery did not hold a charge. I have been back for a second battery on this one-- it quit about 1 week ago. HOWEVER, it seems to be working fine. I was leaving it plugged in the charger at nite, probably 7 hours, but don't know if that has any problem or not. As an electrical engineer, I can believe that it did. However, thinking that the battery charger does not have regulator on it, it may have "cooked" the battery. Now, I charge it up, use it and charge it up, however, I Have not tried leaving it plugged in to the BB provided charger all nite.

Your friend is justifiably upset, as well he should be if he buys something and it does not work, especially if he as a competing product that works without fail-- that is my feeling. Most folks would not have put up with going through 5 Bolds to find one that worked, however, that was the case-- and it was re-manufactured at that-- after I had 2 brand new ones!!!

Brand loyality is a big deal and I am very loyal on things that I buy-- I really like the BB product-- it is a Canadian company and I own a lot of BB stock-- when it was $35/share!! Still have it.

this is a new machine, these are all infantile failure issues and you just have to recall that. Of course, some folks are not willing to put up with it being infantile failure either-- I get it.
    mkye86 likes this.
    05-13-13 06:22 PM
    This is not good news. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I have not experience this issue but my wife phone does. At the job I have converted 3 so far and no one has complain about reboots (all on Verizon). I'm about to push 2 more tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on delivery), to more users on Tmobile's network (which am on). If the users at the job starts returning them due to reboots it will be a bad sign for BlackBerry... my $0.02

Posted via CB10
    chrisru and Etios like this.
    05-13-13 06:23 PM
    This is becoming beyond a joke now, I had a thread asking if BB 10 was the way forward but the reboots seem to be a lot more common than I first thought. The most annoying thing, Blackberry don't speak up about this and acknowledge it. When the Z10 was being released there was so much hype from everyone!!! Thor, Kevin, keyboard videos leaked about swiping up words, now there is a reboot issue and not a word from no one ????

Where are you guys now ????
    05-13-13 06:24 PM
    Did he have an sdcard installed or any side loaded apps? I'm not saying these 2 things are the only reason a device might reboot, but could certainly be a contributing factor.

Posted via CB10
    FastLane228 likes this.
    05-13-13 06:26 PM
    05-13-13 06:31 PM
    And are those still doing it and if not how long did it take to fix?
    05-13-13 06:33 PM
    This is becoming beyond a joke now, I had a thread asking if BB 10 was the way forward but the reboots seem to be a lot more common than I first thought. The most annoying thing, Blackberry don't speak up about this and acknowledge it. When the Z10 was being released there was so much hype from everyone!!! Thor, Kevin, keyboard videos leaked about swiping up words, now there is a reboot issue and not a word from no one ????

Where are you guys now ????
    Check BlackBerry's bug report, it's there for you to see.

Also if I had to take a stab at it, I'd say at BlackBerry Live? ;p

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    SDTRMG and seacan2 like this.
    05-13-13 06:33 PM
    how can you tell if the phone reboot by itself? unless you stare your Z10 24/7, you won't notice it reboot (unless if it's power off immediately, that's different.)

thx
    doza2012 likes this.
    05-13-13 06:35 PM
    how can you tell if the phone reboot by itself? unless you stare your Z10 24/7, you won't notice it reboot (unless if it's power off immediately, that's different.)

thx
    The log.
    05-13-13 06:40 PM
    The log.
    beat me to it
    05-13-13 06:45 PM

thx
    You can actually tell from the setting a menu itself. I can't remember right now but it's the second option to see what your battery life is at. If ur under that heading scroll down and it'll tell u the last time that the phone has rebooted.

Posted via CB10
    Lawrence Michon likes this.
    05-13-13 06:46 PM
    LOL shorts are all over this board making up fake stories. Really pathetic. Funny I, 3 people in my family, and 2 friends and 2 friends of theirs all have the z and none of us have every had any problems with this yet out of nowhere right before blackberry live this bs starts. 100% lie by short sellers. Get a life man.
    FastLane228, Ousus and seacan2 like this.
    05-13-13 06:46 PM

thx
    Yes

Settings> About>Hardware.

At the bottom you see "Boot time"

05-13-13 06:47 PM
    LOL shorts are all over this board making up fake stories. Really pathetic. Funny I, 3 people in my family, and 2 friends and 2 friends of theirs all have the z and none of us have every had any problems with this yet out of nowhere right before blackberry live this bs starts. 100% lie by short sellers. Get a life man.
    Only 2 posts too your name and you know it all?

Your short on something yourself.

Tim

21stNow, Etios, mikeo007 and 4 others like this.
    05-13-13 06:48 PM
    Random reboots are real. It isn't anything to joke about. I love BlackBerry but really wish this gets fixed soon. It's always while I'm sleeping.

Posted via CB10
    charlielefaux and Etios like this.
    05-13-13 06:49 PM
211 123 ...