In order to install a leaked OS I believe you need to wipe your device. Is this true? I don't have 100% confidence that Password Keeper can be fully restored from back up.
    I have done a wipe last night and password keeper kept all of the information. Make sure you backup app data and settings

Posted via CB10
    sparkaction likes this.
    11-19-13 09:03 AM
    I just want to thank TS3 for sharing that he's waiting and doesn't trust the BerryLeaks Team!

Exactly I don't trust it

Posted via BlackBerry Fan
    11-19-13 12:43 PM
    They even write at the end if anything happens were not responsible

11-19-13 12:44 PM
    Working great so far here!
    Just waiting for new leaks and that they remove the gray icon background I would like be able to turn on or off the background icon!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 12:45 PM
    I just want to thank TS3 for sharing that he's waiting and doesn't trust the BerryLeaks Team!
    I think he was referring to the leaks as not being trusted - not the leaks team.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Exactly I don't trust it

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 12:47 PM

They write that because it is a LEAKED OS and not an official. When carriers test and approve of the release, they take responsibility. But since this is a LEAK, you are getting it in advance of the official, so why would BerryLeaks claim responsibility if ANYTHING happens to your device.
    It's not a matter of "trust" or not because these leaks are signed by BlackBerry and the leak has been on phones prior to this. Not trusting would be if BlackBerry allowed the independent development of the OS like Android, and you rooted and flashed a new OS from an independent, untrustworthy source.
    11-19-13 02:39 PM

Are you new to forums or just born yesterday? (just kidding)

Even DIY articles in some forums always has a disclaimer. Just to protect their behinds. It doesn't mean that the DIY they are posting won't help though.

You can't trust something you don't understand. You probably have limited understanding. We're not all techies.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:55 PM
    The radio comes straight from the BlackBerry dev os, straight from their servers. And the os is signed by rim, can't be changed. The tools that creates the loaders are rims tools just repacked with a user interface. what wxactly.dont you trust?
    Have fun waiting

And the only "bug" I've had is the proximity sensor turns on randomly. Other than that everything has been great, Facebook worked, just had to wait, music app works.. I havent had any issues other than the proximity sensor. Upgraded up 1803 and did a full restore
    See thats just it, you are apparently one of the lucky ones. Have you seen the threads created that talk about issues people are having.
    How come those that decide to wait to for the official OS for obvious reasons are portrayed as lepers of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:12 PM
    See thats just it, you are apparently one of the lucky ones. Have you seen the threads created that talk about issues people are having.
    How come those that decide to wait to for the official OS for obvious reasons are portrayed as lepers of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    Did you know that the 10.1 Maintenence Release update caused some people problems? Did you know that some people had problems after the official 10.2 problems?

The problem isn't the "leak" or official release. The problem is who can they turn to, to blame if something were to happen. Because people, especially people who have poor understanding of certain things do not want to take responsibility.

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    11-19-13 03:21 PM
    Did you know that the 10.1 Maintenence Release update caused some people problems? Did you know that some people had problems after the official 10.2 problems?

The problem isn't the "leak" or official release. The problem is who can they turn to, to blame if something were to happen. Because people, especially people who have poor understanding of certain things do not want to take responsibility.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for explaining away the issue I wasn't referring to.
    Like stated in another thread it's always people that have no understanding of something that are at fault.
    What's to blame for people pressing a # to dial and having Skype launch?

Besides if the updated OS fails at least someone can be held accountable unlike the leak you roll the dice.

Let's not battle here and I hope I'm not coming off that way, with leaks there is always something one must add or extract from somewhere else then add it back often times to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:37 PM
    Besides if the updated OS fails at least someone can be held accountable unlike the leak you roll the dice.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. People tend to think that just because it's an official release, it will not come with problems. It doesn't matter if it's official or a leak. One way or another, it's going to have a problem or not. But it can be solved.

The only difference is if you downloaded a leak, you can't just go to bell, rogers or whatever and say "you fix it, since you guys broke it with the update".

The thing is, it can be fixed regardless if it was official or leak. If you have some understanding of engineering etiquette, you cannot be SOL, cuz there's always a fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:53 PM
    Vgorous, believe me I understand what you're saying we're saying the same thing/ have the same thought its just who wants the hassle of loading the leak finding out there's an issue and having to search through page upon page for the answer.
    Some BlackBerry consumers are just not built that way.
    Right if the official update fails I like many find comfort just walking into those stores you listed tossing the phone on the counter and saying if you can't fix it I'd like my next one in white or red.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:05 PM
    Thanks for explaining away the issue I wasn't referring to.
    Like stated in another thread it's always people that have no understanding of something.
    What's to blame for people pressing a # to dial and having Skype launch?

Posted via CB10
    There is no OS official or leaked that will not have some issues for some people. Despite devices being the "same" there are sometimes subtle differences. Sometimes that difference is just a tech thing related to enterprise, sometimes it is how we set up (contacts and phone numbers style of entry is one that comes to mind) and use our phones, sometimes the apps we have loaded, sometimes the carrier, and every once in a while there is a hardware problem.

The only time I have had a problem loading a leak was the first time I tried, and it was my fault. However thru the help of the CrackBerry community and Elite1, all was resolved. I've never had a problem since.

You load a leak at your own risk, because the methods are different than the same OS dubbed "official" released by your carrier.

The leaks you find here have generally been checked out by others. It's up to you to load or not load. But if you choose not to load, please don't ask why BlackBerry hasn't released it, because they have already released it to the carriers. It is the carriers fault for dragging their feet testing what already works.

If you don't get an OS that some of us load as a leak, it is the carriers fault. Not BlackBerry's. BlackBerry does not have the contract that Apple has nor does pretty much any other phone maker.

It does no good to ask here on Crackberry when an OS will be released because no one knows. Call your carrier(they don't know and won't tell you till it happens). Just don't clog up the threads with posts wanting and being frustrated having to wait.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-19-13 04:10 PM
    There is no OS official or leaked that will not have some issues for some people. Despite devices being the "same" there are sometimes subtle differences. Sometimes that difference is just a tech thing related to enterprise, sometimes it is how we set up (contacts and phone numbers style of entry is one that comes to mind) and use our phones, sometimes the apps we have loaded, sometimes the carrier, and every once in a while there is a hardware problem.

The only time I have had a problem loading a leak was the first time I tried, and it was my fault. However thru the help of the CrackBerry community and Elite1, all was resolved. I've never had a problem since.

You load a leak at your own risk, because the methods are different than the same OS dubbed "official" released by your carrier.

The leaks you find here have generally been checked out by others. It's up to you to load or not load. But if you choose not to load, please don't ask why BlackBerry hasn't released it, because they have already released it to the carriers. It is the carriers fault for dragging their feet testing what already works.

If you don't get an OS that some of us load as a leak, it is the carriers fault. Not BlackBerry's. BlackBerry does not have the contract that Apple has nor does pretty much any other phone maker.

It does no good to ask here on Crackberry when an OS will be released because no one knows. Call your carrier(they don't know and won't tell you till it happens). Just don't clog up the threads with posts wanting and being frustrated having to wait.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Not sure if you responded to the correct post because I neither ask when or complained about waiting for an update.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:15 PM
    In order to install a leaked OS I believe you need to wipe your device. Is this true? I don't have 100% confidence that Password Keeper can be fully restored from back up.
    The install wipes the device. I always back up first, then just restore settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:18 PM
    @93Aero

Agreed. Just thought I'd add to this.

Installing a leak for the first time is like losing your virginity. It's exciting, fun, scary and, you don't have a clear idea of wtf you're doing. You know you can get a lot of satisfaction from it, or end up dealing with some consequences.

One you get through it though, it won't be as bad the next time.

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    11-19-13 04:29 PM
    @93Aero

Agreed. Just thought I'd add to this.

Installing a leak for the first time is like losing your virginity. It's exciting, fun, scary and, you don't have a clear idea of wtf you're doing. You know you can get a lot of satisfaction from it, or end up dealing with some consequences.

One you get through it though, it won't be as bad the next time.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, thanks V.

But remember if you uhum' do catch something wouldn't you rather go to a certified 'official' doctor, or search the Web for an old folks remedy to stop your junk from 'leak' ing, lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:33 PM
42 12