This is so weird! I plug in my phone and my phone doesn't recognize the connection to the usb. I tried all my different micro usb chargers and none seem to work. When I finally find one that works, it's because I have to move the usb around on my phone to make it finally charge. I've restarted my phone plenty of times and my phone still won't recognize it. Funny thing is this happened to my PlayBook too where my PlayBook didn't recognize the micro usb when I connected it. That's why I bought a charging stand on my PlayBook. But the Z10 doesn't have the 3 pin charging connector (which I think should be the standard charging port)

Please help me!!
    02-09-13 06:22 PM
    i saw this today - i unpluged my playbook charger from my Z10 - to charge my playbook. Plugged in the OEM charger for the z10 - had to do it twice to get it to start charging. Try unplugging the charger from the wall - i did that as well.

good luck.
    02-09-13 06:27 PM
    There's nothing wrong with your phone, and this topic has been made about 1000 times. Learn to search. Yes, the charging port is a little picky. You have to put the charger in the right way. It shouldn't be crooked, and there shouldn't be a lot of space between the plastic of the use and the phone when attached. Also, the charging icon on the phone takes about 1 or 2 seconds to show up, so you might think it isn't charging and remove it, but it really just hadn't put up the icon yet.
    02-09-13 06:43 PM
    This is so weird! I plug in my phone and my phone doesn't recognize the connection to the usb. I tried all my different micro usb chargers and none seem to work. When I finally find one that works, it's because I have to move the usb around on my phone to make it finally charge. I've restarted my phone plenty of times and my phone still won't recognize it. Funny thing is this happened to my PlayBook too where my PlayBook didn't recognize the micro usb when I connected it. That's why I bought a charging stand on my PlayBook. But the Z10 doesn't have the 3 pin charging connector (which I think should be the standard charging port)

Please help me!!
    Sorry to speculate like this but it really sounds like one of your Micro USB chargers or USB ports has a defect and fried the Micro USB connection on both your Z10 and your PlayBook. You should *have to* use the charging pins on the PlayBook. Both devices should definitely work for charging *and* USB connection to PC through a Micro USB cable.

As your Z10 device is new, you can probably exchange the one you have with a fried port for a new one. BlackBerry will lose money on this but it's important to have a working Micro USB port on your device. Please only use the USB charger and cable that you got with your Z10 as it sound like the rest of your chargers can't be trusted. Get a new spare / travel / car charger of a *reputable* brand if you need it. It will be well worth it, so you don't have to keep replacing your smartphone.
    02-09-13 06:45 PM