You see, my car is a Saturn. Saturn has been out of business since 2009.

I am amazed they even still make gas for my car.

I am afraid that one of these days I will go to work and discover that Saturn's aren't compatible with the interstate system anymore.

Wait, that would be silly. Kinda like it would be silly to think that a z10 would just stop working if BlackBerry went out of business or were sold. etc

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:41 PM
    i see what you did there....
    08-23-13 07:48 PM
    It wouldn't stop working but if BlackBerry goes out of business and shut down then there will be no more support. It's still a new OS and room for a lot of improvements. If rim shuts down no more os upgrades no new features so on and so forth. That will be a sad day but that day won't come BlackBerry is going to be There it has to

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:49 PM
    I'm not worried.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    08-23-13 07:51 PM
    I'm not worried either. I just found out this girl I dig just got the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sweet. BBM all the way.

08-24-13 12:20 AM
    It wouldn't stop working but if BlackBerry goes out of business and shut down then there will be no more support. It's still a new OS and room for a lot of improvements.
    Let me tell you a story about a virtualisation platform called XEN and a Firm called citrix that tried to earn money with it, even when there were multiple other.
    You got an idea what citrix did when it turned out that it wasn't enough outcome?
    They gave it to the community and focused on support and business solutions based on XEN while the community develops.

Even if BlackBerry would crash now and completely, such options are still there.
    But just be realistic. As long as there is enough room for improvements (which are able to return money) BlackBerry will continue. No matter who owns them.

Stop being paranoid.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:44 AM
    If your car manufacturer closed, you can still do something with your car. You can still customize it, replace its parts (if no longer available in the market, you can even fabricate it), in other words, even the car manufacturer closed, everyone can still do something on their car - either for repair, maintenance or even for improvement...

Mobile is different... for the start, it has no wheels...

Posted via Z10
    08-24-13 01:48 AM
    ^^ not sure if serious.
    08-24-13 02:28 AM
    I get what you are saying. But consider that for a lot of folks, the idea that new apps are coming to their device over time is one of the main appeals.

People that buy an iphone today buy it for what it can do AND what it will be able to do.

So if BlackBerry goes away yes the phones will still work. But you can forget any new trendy apps making their way to BlackBerry 10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-24-13 02:38 AM
    I get what you are saying. But consider that for a lot of folks, the idea that new apps are coming to their device over time is one of the main appeals.

People that buy an iphone today buy it for what it can do AND what it will be able to do.

So if BlackBerry goes away yes the phones will still work. But you can forget any new trendy apps making their way to BlackBerry 10.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    As long as there is android app emulation. The blackberry will continue to live on.
    08-24-13 03:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    What? Right, off to buy a new suit for the wedding.

Don't forget, Q5 for the kids...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    potatoguy likes this.
    08-24-13 06:00 AM
    As long as there is android app emulation. The blackberry will continue to live on.
    Yes. But only up to whatever point the runtime goes to. Right now that's what jellybean 4.2 in BlackBerry 10.2? So any apps that need anything higher won't be an option. Granted that'll be a long ways off. And of course it's not likely BlackBerry will cease the runtime development any time soon.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-24-13 06:18 AM
    Bye bye BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:09 AM
    And I know folks with Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles that are in the same boat as you. Maybe everyone should panic and not buy any GM made vehicle because, after all, the company has made mistakes and they could go under at any time and everything will break down in a Zombie Acropolis.

Wonder why that 79 Chevy truck of ours is still running fine?
    08-24-13 07:13 AM
    We used to have a Saturn Vue. Loved my old Vue.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:15 AM
    Let me tell you a story about a virtualisation platform called XEN and a Firm called citrix that tried to earn money with it, even when there were multiple other.
    You got an idea what citrix did when it turned out that it wasn't enough outcome?
    They gave it to the community and focused on support and business solutions based on XEN while the community develops.
    Uh, not quite...

Xen was open source from very early on (I think 2003 or so). Citrix bought the company Xensource around 2007... neither own Xen due to it's open source license.

There was a proprietary management layer on top of the Xen hypervisor which they might have given away or even open sourced but the Citrix story is no different than Google, Red Hat, IBM, etc (making tons of money on top of open source software, using it liberally within their own products, ...).

I hope BlackBerry sticks around but I have my doubts that they'll open source or give away QNX if that's what you're suggesting... certainly would be interesting though!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:26 AM
    The problem is my car isn't REQUIRED to log on with my BBID. My BlackBerry is. It won't work without it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:59 AM
    Sweet. BBM all the way.

No.. this sounds more like a sideloaded snapchat moment.. lol
    08-24-13 11:12 AM
    Saturn is GM

It shares parts with every other GM car and probably mitsubishi. Which is why it doesn't matter if it disappeared or not just like my SaaB.

Not the same as a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:23 AM
    We used to have a Saturn Vue. Loved my old Vue.

Posted via CB10
    I just got my wife her second vue. First one got smashed while it was parked.

I got the five speed model and really like it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:32 PM
    Saturn is GM

It shares parts with every other GM car and probably mitsubishi. Which is why it doesn't matter if it disappeared or not just like my SaaB.

Not the same as a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that it is not a perfect analogy, but the point is thag it would still work.

Also, Saturn was separete from GM but owned by GM. In the later years they did share parts though.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:34 PM
    I understand that it is not a perfect analogy, but the point is thag it would still work.

Also, Saturn was separete from GM but owned by GM. In the later years they did share parts though.

Posted via CB10
    Why wouldn't it work...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:04 PM
    I can believe it too :P

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-24-13 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Show her how to sideload

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-24-13 02:41 PM
40 12