Hi,

I bricked my phone during a downgrade from 10.3.2 to 10.3.1. It still starts and loads the default screen, but I cannot open Settings (it closes immediately), nor see the hub.

I guess what went wrong is that the update failed somewhere in the middle.

The real problem is that I cannot reinstall the OS, nor recover with BlackBerry Link because the usb connection also fails after a few seconds: it keeps on reconnecting. Presumably the app for that is also corrupt.

I already tried wiping by filling in the wrong password 10 times. But it still cannot keep the usb connection.

What can I do? Will I have to send it for RMA?
    04-07-15 06:30 AM
    If your battery is removable, disconnect it, plug in the USB cable and use the autoloader to reinstall the OS.
    04-07-15 07:00 AM
    Try a different usb cable and/or usb port on the computer. If that does not work, UNinstall bblink and then REinstall it and try again.

As suggested, you can try using an Autoloader found in Crackberry Leak OS subforum. Try both with and then withOUT a battery inside.

If you still have a warranty or insurance, I guess you can call carrier.
    PHughes likes this.
    04-07-15 09:41 AM
    Try a different usb cable and/or usb port on the computer. If that does not work, UNinstall bblink and then REinstall it and try again.

As suggested, you can try using an Autoloader found in Crackberry Leak OS subforum. Try both with and then withOUT a battery inside.

If you still have a warranty or insurance, I guess you can call carrier.
    Yes, I second the new cable suggestion. I have many USB cables that all "seemed" to work well, they allowed me to drag and drop files between the phone and computer, worked for various hard drive, but none allowed me to update the phone. A new cable worked perfectly.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-15 09:53 AM