After 10.3.1 update I am really sick of battery calibration, call delay, device heating up and unpredictable battery and lack of apps too. I am seriously looking into solid upgrade. I am interested to get iPhone 5 but what you guys recommend.

Please don't take me wrong and don't bombard me with hilarious replies.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-24-15 01:01 PM
    After 10.3.1 update I am really sick of battery calibration, call delay, device heating up and unpredictable battery and lack of apps too. I am seriously looking into solid upgrade. I am interested to get iPhone 5 but what you guys recommend.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    Wow really, my Z10 battery life more than doubled after updating! Everything is running amazing like a brand new device. The iPhone 5(s) is nothing spectacular spec wise... pretty similar to the Z10 and with a dummy OS for the masses.

The Passport is perfect and Android apps run so much faster than other BB10s, but I know that's not what you are looking for. The Z30 has its advantages, but seems like you want something smaller. I'd say if you HAVE to leave us go Android, but without all the bloat on some of the Droids. I'd have to look back, but my favorite device excluding BlackBerry would have to be the HTC One M9. If not, then the Sony devices which you can get in compact since you seem to want a smaller phone. The new norm seems to be 5".

I'd say look at the M9 and if you don't like it then check out the Sony Androids. Samsung phones do not last. I know that's a blanket statement and not totally correct, but my best friend keeps going through them so fast. The battery is low quality and soon enough starts discharging much faster and you'll also have more bloat with Samsung. I'll have to find my writeup on the S6 as it was not impressive (still need to try the Edge, but the Active will likely be the best built when that is released), but if you aren't interested I won't bother. It looked like a great phone. After using it, felt very cheap and did not like.

Just for reference, I came from Android. IOS is for idiots. No offense, but the OS is just so plain and I have grandparents that upgrade to the next and the next because it is an easy phone. If you like tech and apps and changing things around go for a well built Android device. Just my opinion and yes I've used an iPhone 5s and don't have anything good to say besides the fact that it is just plain and simple.

Coming from BB10, I think you'll dislike iOS. Anyway, I have experience with many devices so would be glad to help.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 01:50 PM
    Get a passport lol
    04-24-15 01:56 PM
    Have you considered Windows Phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:56 PM
    Wow really, my Z10 battery life more than doubled after updating! Everything is running amazing like a brand new device. The iPhone 5(s) is nothing spectacular spec wise... pretty similar to the Z10 and with a dummy OS for the masses.

The Passport is perfect and Android apps run so much faster than other BB10s, but I know that's not what you are looking for. The Z30 has its advantages, but seems like you want something smaller. I'd say if you HAVE to leave us go Android, but without all the bloat on some of the Droids. I'd have to look back, but my favorite device excluding BlackBerry would have to be the HTC One M9. If not, then the Sony devices which you can get in compact since you seem to want a smaller phone. The new norm seems to be 5".

I'd say look at the M9 and if you don't like it then check out the Sony Androids. Samsung phones do not last. I know that's a blanket statement and not totally correct, but my best friend keeps going through them so fast. The battery is low quality and soon enough starts discharging much faster and you'll also have more bloat with Samsung. I'll have to find my writeup on the S6 as it was not impressive (still need to try the Edge, but the Active will likely be the best built when that is released), but if you aren't interested I won't bother. It looked like a great phone. After using it, felt very cheap and did not like.

Just for reference, I came from Android. IOS is for idiots. No offense, but the OS is just so plain and I have grandparents that upgrade to the next and the next because it is an easy phone. If you like tech and apps and changing things around go for a well built Android device. Just my opinion and yes I've used an iPhone 5s and don't have anything good to say besides the fact that it is just plain and simple.

Coming from BB10, I think you'll dislike iOS. Anyway, I have experience with many devices so would be glad to help.

Posted via CB10
    STL100-1 is a lemon for battery calibration. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. The phone is really good but at a certain point I don't want to be a wall-hugger.

As far as you wanting a new platform... I say stick with BlackBerry passport... I upgraded from the Z10. I couldn't be happier

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 03:06 PM
    Sony

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 03:25 PM

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    Upgrade to Z30!!! But if you really have to switch to other platforms, you should go for S6 or iPhone 6! Other than that, it would considered as a downgrade!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 06:49 PM
    Screen size wise the iPhone 5 or 5s even the 5c are good replacement for BlackBerry. The windows phone lumia 520 is a nice budget choice, but it lacks some features (like a flash for the camera).

The issue with android is that you need a decent spec phone to run android properly. Android and a budget phone just isn't a good combination imo.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:03 PM
    I'm really surprised the recommendation of iOS. It is the most boring OS. The OP mentioned upgrading and didn't say anything about a budget phone. I'd assume the OP doesn't want a large phone or would have said iPhone 6 which still has similar specs as the Z10. The S6 is also a larger device with awesome specs, but try before buying. It doesn't feel anywhere near what I expected. Very cheap feeling.

Android would be the better option in my opinion. Think the devices I mentioned such as the M9 or Sony Androids have great specs and are more in line with the size the OP seems to want. If not the M9 which would be my go to; the Sony comes in Compact and even the Galaxy comes in Mini (although the Samsungs have more bloat). Wouldn't even consider the iPhone 5 an upgrade. Both my sister and mother upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the Z10 and now one is using a Z30 and the other a Passport.

I've used both iOS and Android and the iPhone is the most overpriced smartphone for what you get as compared to the Android manufacturers that are essentially competing with each other giving the consumer some awesome devices. Yes, iOS runs better on a dual-core with 8MP camera, etc, but so does BB10. The Android devices would be a much better choice if the OP has any tech blood. Many, many options. The OP would likely be bored with iOS within the first day. There just isn't much to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:36 PM
    Keep in mind that you are asking for advice on what to get besides a BlackBerry in a BlackBerry Forum!!!

I won't leave you with any hilarious recommendations. I'll just be as blunt as that. Your thread is dumb sir. Dumb.

BlackBerry is still making awesome phones. The Slider is going to turn some heads and generate some buzz for the company again. If you need to leave now, I'd say that's unfortunate timing.

The Z30 is also an awesome phone and available at a very good price right now. Very comparable to the iPhone 5. But if you need a big change, then I wish you luck. But, chances are that the grass only looks greener because it's full of weeds.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by TheBirdDog; 04-25-15 at 12:41 AM.
    acovey likes this.
    04-24-15 07:43 PM
    I would give the Z30 a shot before going to the dark side. Hahaha. But seriously, at $229 you really can't go wrong. Especially compared to the $$ they want for S6 or iPhone 6. The iPhone 5 battery is horrible. I know because my wife is looking for a charging cable by 1100. My Z30 will go all day (0400-2200) with heavy use and still have more than 20% when I plug it in.

Posted from my new Z30 (when it was $249) resting happily in its Otterbox Commuter
    04-24-15 07:49 PM
    Agree with those above. The iPhone 5 is not an upgrade. As I wrote, both my mother and sister upgraded from the 5s to the Z10. Agree the grass looks greener, but it's really not. Now they use the Z30 and Passport.

Not sure if you are on a budget or want a smaller sized phone since you mentioned an iPhone 5. If it is just a budget thing, you could easily get the Z30 for a ridiculous price right now. It is a nice upgrade over the Z10.

If it is the size, but you want to upgrade to a better phone, the iPhone 5 is not what you are looking for. My mom initially agreed to go with the Z10 because the iPhone battery was only lasting a few hours at the time.

If you really just don't want another BB10 then see my posts above. I think I provided decent information and a few alternatives that came to mind for a non-BB upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 08:00 PM
    A Z30
    04-24-15 08:04 PM
    I just went from a Z10 to the S6 edge. I miss the hub and am still adjusting to the keyboard etc but overall the S6 edge has been great. This phone flies compared to my Z10 and the screen and camera are nothing short of stellar. While no one phone is perfect I think you'll be happy with the S6 or S6 edge,
    04-24-15 08:28 PM
    Peace Out
    04-24-15 09:59 PM

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    If you want to stay with BlackBerry than buy leap.
    If android than one plus one.
    Windows - lumia 830.
    One plus one and lumia 830 are really better in terms of hardware (camera, display) .
    I too am having problems with my z10 stl100-1. It's really irritating but I can't buy now. So I need to adjust like this too a while

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 10:03 PM

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    I know what you are going through. I had the same problem but you can overcome this problem easily. Generally when I face this problem I pull the battery, sim and microsd card (if you have that too) out after the phone has discharged and keep it the same way for a full night. In the morning I charge my phone to 99%. (Remember you should not charge your phone to 100% if you have got this problem). Because we generally charge it to full and forget to unplug it as soon as it becomes 100%. So don't charge your phone to 100% and you will never face the battery calibration problem again. If in future you have the problem again, you can repeat the process.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 10:22 PM
    I don't think that you are in the right forum. We are BlackBerry people here. You shouldd go to iOs, android and window mobile's forum. Their comments will be more useful. Compare them and then make your choice.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.281
    acovey likes this.
    04-24-15 10:26 PM
    Well, if you're going to go with an iPhone 5, you should first research a bit into how crappy iPhones can get with Apple's OS updates
    If you like the BB10 OS in general and see value in it, then you should consider the Z30, it's a fantastic device. I bought it and I did try to like it, but I keep going back to the physical keys. You could also go with the new Leap, or even another Z10 model from eBay.

Here's just a few links to get you started on your green grass research:

Apple iOS 8.3 Angers Users One Week Later - Forbes
    11 Common iPhone 5 Problems & How to Fix Them
    04-24-15 11:05 PM

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    Two cans and a string
    04-24-15 11:11 PM
    Thank you for your comments and let me tell you I love my Z10 but to use STL 100-1 you need to be an expert. OK as per your recommendation I am sticking to BlackBerry but what you guys suggest should I get STL 100-2 or BlackBerry Z30?

As I mentioned I have a few problems if I can a reply to calibration and heating issue I will stick to -1.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-25-15 12:00 AM
    Thank you for your comments and let me tell you I love my Z10 but to use STL 100-1 you need to be an expert. OK as per your recommendation I am sticking to BlackBerry but what you guys suggest should I get STL 100-2 or BlackBerry Z30?

As I mentioned I have a few problems if I can a reply to calibration and heating issue I will stick to -1.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    If you like the screen size of your Z10 then STL-2 would be fine. You'd get all the Z10 benefits w/o the battery hassles.

If you want to go for a bigger screen size and better processor w/ OTG go for Z30 - STA100-2 or 6.

It all boils down to what you need, you could even make notes for what you do daily and what would you want from your phone to have a clearer picture.
    04-25-15 12:18 AM
    If it is the size, but you want to upgrade to a better phone, the iPhone 5 is not what you are looking for. My mom initially agreed to go with the Z10 because the iPhone battery was only lasting a few hours at the time.
    Posted via CB10
    "These are not the 'droids' you are looking for..."

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 12:44 AM
    If you like the screen size of your Z10 then STL-2 would be fine. You'd get all the Z10 benefits w/o the battery hassles.

If you want to go for a bigger screen size and better processor w/ OTG go for Z30 - STA100-2 or 6.

It all boils down to what you need, you could even make notes for what you do daily and what would you want from your phone to have a clearer picture.
    I use my BlackBerry for 2 emails and I receive around 15 emails daily with attachments. I use twitter, WhatsApp and CB 10. Atleast 1 hour of browsing everyday and some photos on occasion and yes I use box for email attachments. I play games occasionally but whenever I use BlackBerry for anything it tends to heat up very quickly.

I do receive 15-20 calls and a few sms.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    04-25-15 12:46 AM
    I use my BlackBerry for 2 emails and I receive around 15 emails daily with attachments. I use twitter, WhatsApp and CB 10. Atleast 1 hour of browsing everyday and some photos on occasion and yes I use box for email attachments. I play games occasionally but whenever I use BlackBerry for anything it tends to heat up very quickly.

I do receive 15-20 calls and a few sms.

STL 100-1 | 10.3.1.1779
    I'd go for the Z30 if budget is not an issue!

STL-2 is for 22 atm and Z30 (w/ Warid's frequency - STA2/6) for 30 (w/o warranty) or 33 (w/ repair warranty).
    04-25-15 12:55 AM
73 123