Here is a hint for itunes and album art, add the art manually in iTunes and it will attacdirectly to the file. That works better than having iTunes find it.
    Art for purchased music is fine though. Just some problems with inported CDs and vinyl I have done.

Posted via CB10
    Daytona123 likes this.
    08-20-13 08:02 AM
    As for the cloud drive support, I really recommend one app called Files and Folders, which currently has support for the major cloud drives out there -including Skydrive, and it is a sleek native app that I don't regret spending the money for.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:10 AM
    Hello all, first post and I just had a couple of specific questions for current Z10 users - mostly centring around the music player.

1. Does this play music encoded in AAC?

2. Does this play back gaplessly (I have a number of mixed/live albums and some where they are produced to have small segues between tracks)?

3. Is music artwork easy to correct on the phone if incorrect?

4. Is the Facebook app useable? I know until it was natively coded, that the Android FB app was utterly dreadful.

5. Is there a built in "note" app, preferably with password encryption?

6. Does it play nicely with GMail/Outlook.com/Skydrive?

7. Is there an in-private browser mode?

8. Can it sync Google Contacts (big hope - not expecting a yes)?

9. Does it have the Dots game lol?

Sorry to bomb with questions - I do like the look of what I've seen so far, but these things aren't really covered in reviews.

Thanks in advance guys.

Sam
    On number 8 I helped a new colleague set up his Z10 last week and heard him say 'ooo, hope it'll sync my Google contacts.' 2 or 3 minutes later I heard him say 'wow! That was fast! Yep, they're all here! Fantastic. That's really good!' so the answer is yes!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    08-20-13 10:40 AM
    when you throw music onto your phone/mem card just make sure your artists are in separate folders.. i had a "various artist" folder that has all different artists in it and that messed with the album art
    08-20-13 11:03 AM
    when you throw music onto your phone/mem card just make sure your artists are in separate folders.. i had a "various artist" folder that has all different artists in it and that messed with the album art
    This is why it is best to attach the art directly to the file. This problen then gkes away.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:02 PM
    Thanks so far chaps - I can't wait to order my new Z10.

Can't wait to wave goodbye to Android
    If you don't mind me asking what android device did you have before and what compelled you to want to switch to a Z10?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:21 PM
    Facebook app works fine but the Facebook app messaging is buggy and doesn't work most of the time but it will work on the BlackBerry social media bar which I use most of the time

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:45 PM
    If you don't mind me asking what android device did you have before and what compelled you to want to switch to a Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Sony Xperia z, not great. Unbelievable amounts of bloat ware, bad keyboard, ok camera. Just tired of it. Very resource hungry apps. Sony OS meddling etc.

My main phone use is email, texting, what's app and heavy browser use. Minimal apps, seriously - just amazon and maybe 1 or 2 others (so few in fact, I'm struggling to name any others).

Anyway it's official - ordered my sim-free z10 an hour ago, expedited next day delivery. I'm gonna be a happy boy tomorrow
    Unbiased Tech and R Field like this.
    08-23-13 01:39 PM
    Sony Xperia z, not great. Unbelievable amounts of bloat ware, bad keyboard, ok camera. Just tired of it. Very resource hungry apps. Sony OS meddling etc.

My main phone use is email, texting, what's app and heavy browser use. Minimal apps, seriously - just amazon and maybe 1 or 2 others (so few in fact, I'm struggling to name any others).

Anyway it's official - ordered my sim-free z10 an hour ago, expedited next day delivery. I'm gonna be a happy boy tomorrow
    That's great to hear! I'm sure you'll love your Z10. I think you should consider putting the 10.2 leak on it

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 03:02 PM
    You won't regret it. Just moved from Android 2.3 / 4.0 - have almost forgotten what it is to download apps, the onboard software is that good.
    08-23-13 03:34 PM
    That's great to hear! I'm sure you'll love your Z10. I think you should consider putting the 10.2 leak on it

Posted via CB10
    Lots to learn, is getting 10.2 on there tough? Does it void anything? I know people unlock Android boot loaders to get unofficial OS versions on their phone but it usually wipes out the warranty...
    08-23-13 03:43 PM
    Lots to learn, is getting 10.2 on there tough? Does it void anything? I know people unlock Android boot loaders to get unofficial OS versions on their phone but it usually wipes out the warranty...
    I'm actually not sure about that. A Lot of people have done it and there hasn't been any comment on that. BlackBerry Link has the option to restore your device to the current carrier os so you should be able to hide the fact that you were running an unofficial os lol. But it's not too hard if you read all of the directions for the leaks. There's even a video walk through I believe

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 05:27 PM
    It isn't tough, just head over to the "leaked OS" forums. People will help you and there are a ton of tutorials. It does void it, but you can just as easily reset the OS and download from link. It gets easy once you get the hang of it.
    08-23-13 05:34 PM
    Glad to hear you went with the Z, as posted earlier the 10. 2 is amazing so definitely load it.

It is very simple, have something like 7zip or Win zip for the autoloader.

Posted via Z10
    08-23-13 10:51 PM
    No its simple to load a leaked OS the leaked OS's are made by BlackBerry so no it doesn't void the warranty. Just follow the instructions and enjoy all the benefits of 10.2.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    08-23-13 11:21 PM
    Awesome phone, still learning my way around but so far so good

Posted via CB10
    Unbiased Tech and R Field like this.
    08-24-13 01:54 PM
    Awesome phone, still learning my way around but so far so good

Posted via CB10
    It will only get better, first few days feels good, but the next several months feels great! Once your keyboard starts to adjust to your writing style, you will be swiping like there is no tomorrow! Also building up apps and games will make it your own. Here's a small list of some good ones...
    Apps:
    Skooday- Music App
    Reebee- Local flyers
    Stocks - for BlackBerry 10
    NYTimes
    9GAG- one of my favorites
    360 Panorama - Camera / Pictures
    Crackle - TV/Movies
    Slacker Radio
    Flixter

Sports:
    PGA TOUR app
    MLB AT BAT
    NFL app
    CBS SPORTS
    Cbssports Fantasy Football
    NHL Game center
    Team Stream - Bleacher Report

Games :
    Beach Buggy Blitz
    Jetpack Joyride
    NBA JAM
    Stickman golf
    4 pictures
    Spiderman
    The Dark Knight
    Angry Birds
    Let's Golf 3

Plenty more out there, but these are some of my favorites.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    08-24-13 02:27 PM
    Glad you're enjoying your Z10. I just got mine and am thrilled with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:55 PM
43 12