View Poll Results: What about an Q10 Hybrid mode on Z10 ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring us an hybrid Q10 mode on our great Z10 !

2 50.00%
  • No, this is just a silly idea, we want big screen and who cares about battery drain anyway ?

2 50.00%
    Hi Chaps,

I just had a great idea (or ridiculous, depending on your point of view ) !

I am really challenged between the Z10 (that I have ordered anyway) which has a great big screen and poor limited average battery and the Q10 which has half (ok, nearly half) of the screen but drains the battery much less. And the Q10 still offers a great BB10 experience, with flow, peek, hub, blablabla.
    As I use a 9800 for over 2 years now, I clearly consider that having a thicker phone with biiiig battery, a biiiiiig screen and a sliiiiiiding proper keyboard is the best form factor but this is a different story

What about having an hybrid Q10 mode on our Z10 so as to save battery when we don't require to have a full screen on ? Something that we could activate on the go or in the evening when us busy workers have more time to spend on internet surfing the web rather than quick catching up with emails.....

The Z10 has a 1280x768 resolution while the Q10 has its OS10 interface designed for 720x720. Q10 interface on a Z10 is not incompatible then. And we would keep a proper BB10 experience even with only half of the screen powered

In this "hybrid" mode, we could use the top part (or the middle, or the bottom) of the screen like on the Q10 and activate the bottom part by a swipe gesture only when we need to write something (to make the virtual keyboard appearing), or reactivate full Z10 screen when we want to browse or simply get the "full" experience.
    Typical situation would be long journeys/"long days briefly catching up with things" when we would appreciate to save battery and just have a "smaller" but efficient access to emails, notes, calendar, etc.

I would be surprised that we could fully switch off part of the screen (it would be great however), but even deactivating part of it in a "super eco-mode" would be an interesting step.

What do you think ?

[BBFANMODE=on] Blackberry/Crackberry, if you read this and love this idea (and implement it !) , you know how to contact me ! I will share free gift BB10 phones with my family with pleasure and spread BB10 all around me ![BBFANMODE=off]
    02-19-13 03:22 PM
    I would prefer the phone to be 1mm thicker with higher battery capacity.
    02-19-13 03:26 PM
    I totally agree with you.
    However, the phone is as it is and I was only thinking of a workaround so as to save battery when we don't need full screen.
    02-20-13 03:50 AM
    Buy a spare battery.
    02-20-13 06:19 AM
    Buy a spare battery

Posted via CB10 using BBZ10
    02-20-13 06:26 AM
    I've had mine over a week and impressed by the battery

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:36 AM
    Well, people don't necessarily carry a spare battery all the time.

Anyway, I think that I may have been a bit enthusiastic according to the feedbacks of people. Also, Everything well considered, I don't know if switching off half of the screen (only when we want it!) would save significant amount of data. I think that the 4G/LTE chipset is using most of it anyway.
    02-20-13 10:40 AM