I decided to look at the new HTC one on the carphone warehouse website (UK) and I came across this. I know you may have seen it before, but I'm highlighting a new feature they call "Special pixels" or something. It's TimeShift.

03-01-13 03:11 PM
    Think you meant 'Zoe'??.

Yep when i saw the demo of it, straight away i thought wow HTC you ripped that from BB10 aka timeshift camera.

Pretty funny though i have to admit but doesnt really bother me all that much.

The other thing is ive seen the new HTC one, played around with one a few days when i bought my Z10 from phones 4 u and they had one clamped down. Have to admit its a sexy device, i really like the silver alu front and the screen is gorgeous...1080p screen if i recall correctly. But its Android so holds absolutely no interest for me, frankly im bored ****less my S3 now and cant wait to sell it lol.

But i have to admit it is a very nice device but thats about it.
    03-01-13 03:17 PM
    Think you meant 'Zoe'??.

Yep when i saw the demo of it, straight away i thought wow HTC you ripped that from BB10 aka timeshift camera.

Pretty funny though i have to admit but doesnt really bother me all that much.

The other thing is ive seen the new HTC one, played around with one a few days when i bought my Z10 from phones 4 u and they had one clamped down. Have to admit its a sexy device, i really like the silver alu front and the screen is gorgeous...1080p screen if i recall correctly. But its Android so holds absolutely no interest for me, frankly im bored ****less my S3 now and cant wait to sell it lol.

But i have to admit it is a very nice device but thats about it.
    HTC adds functionality by allowing you to save the whole gif in your album, and work the Time Shift thing later.
    This would take up more space though, and although it has a lot of that, there's no SD card.

Plus this is the press conference by which all other press conferences will be judged from now on:

[MWC 2013] ASUS Just Had The Most Hilariously Corny Press Conference Ever And I Love It (Photos And Video)
    03-01-13 03:27 PM
    Yea, they basically copied BB Z10's timeshift camera
    03-02-13 12:17 PM
    that guy has really enthusiastic eyebrows
    03-02-13 12:20 PM
    Yea, they basically copied BB Z10's timeshift camera
    They didn't really copy, a few months ago crackberry did an article on how HTC bought the company that makes the time shift camera and they signed an agreement with blackberry to be able to use it since HTC owns the company

See here http://m.crackberry.com/nokia-confir...-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by habs_fan; 03-02-13 at 12:40 PM.
    03-02-13 12:25 PM
    They didn't really copy, a few months ago crackberry did an article on how HTC bought the company that makes the time shift camera and they signed an agreement with blackberry to be able to use it since HTC owns the company

See here http://m.crackberry.com/nokia-confir...-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    I think you mean nokia.....anyways !!
    nobody's copy anybody....lumia is coming with the same feature....they are licensing it !!
    03-02-13 01:24 PM
    Suppose that means it's becoming mainstream
    03-02-13 02:34 PM
    Wow, this unique feature will soon be in every future phone. Thought this will solely belong to BB only..
    03-02-13 10:52 PM
    lol time shift been around quite a while.Its just the way its done BB's the coolest with the face circle.But nokia do it pretty good as well with the manipulation as well looks very gif liek on teh lumia.
    03-02-13 11:01 PM
    bb10 timeshift has face detection that lets you pick the scene and the faces in the picture independently. The one seen here from HTC only time shifts the whole scene.

edit: their special pixels are "larger" ccds - they sacrificed resolution for more light. interesting move really.
    03-02-13 11:02 PM
    Time shift is licensed technology from Scalado (which is now owned by Nokia). BlackBerry did not come up with it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:29 PM
    So not only does HTC's new phone look like the Z10, it takes TimeShift too.

Let me guess, HTC unveils a "new and revolutionary" gesture-based unified inbox?
    03-02-13 11:34 PM
    Time shift is licensed technology from Scalado (which is now owned by Nokia). BlackBerry did not come up with it.
    The keyword is "technology." While it is licensed from Scalado, there are many other similar competing systems, including one in the Note 2. The reason BB's got so much attention largely isn't because of the technology, but because of the UI (which TAT made, by the way), so while other phones will definitely include a timeshift-like feature, the interface will not be the same as the one on the Z10 as that is made by TAT (which BB owns). People often confuse technology and UI. The thing BB licensed from Scalado is the back end work (algorithms, etc.) and not the UI.

Speaking of TAT, I really don't think people give them enough credit for their work. We all know Scandinavians have a natural ability for design, but still, TAT's work is very impressive. Those side bars in BB10 and such. All really cool stuff.
    03-02-13 11:39 PM