Yea.. they are advertising that their phone is everything our phone isn't. I don't think they realize that that's a good thing.

My z10 isn't loaded with Android bloat ware.
    My z10 isn't full of apps that are trying to send my credit card, identity and phone information to developers.
    My z10 isn't loaded with a bogged down default keyboard where I'm forced to buy swift key which requests full permission to track everything I type.
    My z10 isn't in constant need of anti virus software from the Google play store in order to keep me secure and in order to keep it running in good condition.
    My z10 isn't being used as a tool to spy on me through location services *cough Google cough*
    My z10 isn't constantly trying to figure out how to steal my personal information. Like hijacking all my photos through some Google apps named Picasa.
    My z10 isn't another choppy android phone loaded with an edible software that constantly tries to trick you into somehow giving it permission to steal everything on it.

I should add, after seeing several angry posts claiming I'm misinformed. This is my opinion based on extensively using Android from gingerbread to 4.1.2.

I'm not a misinformed fan boy, I just don't agree with HTC that it is everything my phone isn't. And I hope no one gets offended with me outlining several reason why my z10 is an amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zten; 05-01-13 at 10:24 AM.
    04-30-13 11:52 PM
    T

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:07 AM
    Yea.. they are advertising that their phone is everything our phone isn't. I don't think they realize that that's a good thing.

My z10 isn't full of apps that are trying to send my credit card, identity and phone information to developers.
    My z10 isn't loaded with a bogged down default keyboard where I'm forced to buy swift key which requests full permission to track everything I type.
    My z10 isn't in constant need of anti virus software from the Google play store in order to keep me secure and in order to keep it running in good condition.
    My z10 isn't being used as a tool to spy on me through location services *cough Google cough*
    My z10 isn't constantly trying to figure out how to steal my personal information. Like hijacking all my photos through some Google apps named Picasa.
    My z10 isn't another choppy android phone loaded with an edible software that constantly tries to trick you into somehow giving it permission to steal everything on it.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the laugh!! You win the most ridiculous post award... Congrats
    05-01-13 12:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    If telling yourself that helps you sleep better at night then you go for it brah
    05-01-13 12:32 AM
    Only insecure person would do that...

Posted via Z10
    05-01-13 12:46 AM
    Is that the phone with the speakers in the front?

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    05-01-13 12:51 AM
    Don't be such a troll. Currently using an Android right now, and I must say that Android has came a long way. I have never used any anti-virus software and Android isn't choppy as you knew it to be (you've probably been living in a cave). The HTC One is a great phone, just like the Z10, the GS4 and the iPhone 5 is. I don't get what you mean by a "bogged down keyboard", but the HTC One's keyboard is quite good the last time I tried it and there are certainly alternatives that definitely do not get your personal data. But as the saying goes, to each his own. If this makes you feel better, then go on.

Sent from the world's (once) most powerful smartphone.
    05-01-13 01:12 AM
    True this.

Composed more accurately and sent more confidentially from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing and Peter1246 like this.
    05-01-13 01:13 AM
    Nah, it is a good phone. Everything my phone isn't hahaha, I don't think so. They even try to copy Story Maker

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and SDTRMG like this.
    05-01-13 01:37 AM
    The HTC is beautiful hardware and hands down the best Android device currently out, and yes I would take it instantly over the S4 with all its crapware BUT it is not BB10 and BB10 is stunningly beautiful while Android is a mess. In my opinion anways.
    05-01-13 02:04 AM
    I had a look at it and it IS a nice looking phone but no SD card reader and no removable battery is a deal breaker for me.
    If I did buy it - it would have been my play phone though as I would never use an Android as my daily business driver
    05-01-13 02:18 AM
    Thanks for the laugh!! You win the most ridiculous post award... Congrats
    I second that.
    If I was to be unbiased I would vote for the HTC One as the best smartphone available right now.
    However for my needs BlackBerry 10 is good and I would choose the z10 each time.
    But yeah the op just posted a load if crap

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:44 AM
    Again, the option of having a removable memory card is great for having more saved data e.g. music, files, pictures and movies... apart from that, a device having more than16GB of internal memory is more advantage for having the capability of installing more applications and games... unless, our Z10 will have an option to install or transfer our installed games and applications to its external memory card...

Posted via Z10
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    05-01-13 02:47 AM
    Jelly Bean is incredibly smooth but it must look like a mess under the pretty exterior.

HTC treats its customers, hands down, the WORST of any other company out there. They have a LONG way to go before they ever get a lot of their ex-user's trust back. Most recently I had a 920 and the sister phone, the 8X, NEVER got any special updates or software, ever. In fact, the HTC users actually got jealous that Nokia was selling it's left nut just to get software onto the 920 and HTC didn't get anything because it was from Nokia's efforts. Additionally, Nokia had to GIVE the 8X people its OWN base software as HTC NEVER released anything. If I had gotten an 8X, I would have jumped ship from WP8 a lot sooner. That is just from my newest experience. My fiance, who had a HTC before her iPhone, gets absolutely LIVID whenever she sees a HTC commercial.

The One looks like a great phone from the outside but I am fully expecting HTC to treat its phone exactly like every other phone they've ever released. That in itself prevents me from having any interest in the One at all. I would much rather get an S4 or an iPhone 5 as I know, from previous experience, that they do many things for their customers.
    Clark42 and niravzaveri like this.
    05-01-13 03:03 AM
    Just a few sec ago, I met a friend who got HTC One... because of this thread, I got interested to hold it and play around with it... I'm not new to Android so it is easy for me to play around with it...

One comment... if BB10 is installed on that HTC One, that would be a perfect phone... to me...

Posted via Z10
    05-01-13 03:31 AM
    Jelly Bean is incredibly smooth but it must look like a mess under the pretty exterior.

HTC treats its customers, hands down, the WORST of any other company out there. They have a LONG way to go before they ever get a lot of their ex-user's trust back. Most recently I had a 920 and the sister phone, the 8X, NEVER got any special updates or software, ever. In fact, the HTC users actually got jealous that Nokia was selling it's left nut just to get software onto the 920 and HTC didn't get anything because it was from Nokia's efforts. Additionally, Nokia had to GIVE the 8X people its OWN base software as HTC NEVER released anything. If I had gotten an 8X, I would have jumped ship from WP8 a lot sooner. That is just from my newest experience. My fiance, who had a HTC before her iPhone, gets absolutely LIVID whenever she sees a HTC commercial.

The One looks like a great phone from the outside but I am fully expecting HTC to treat its phone exactly like every other phone they've ever released. That in itself prevents me from having any interest in the One at all. I would much rather get an S4 or an iPhone 5 as I know, from previous experience, that they do many things for their customers.
    That sounds bad. I used a desire when I broke my curve and my experience was a lot better than yours but that was a long time ago.
    Saying that BlackBerry isn't bowling me over with their efforts at customer service.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:34 AM
    I have both the z10 and the HTC one.. . How good would a 64gb HTC one running BlackBerry 10 be?

My perfect phone I think!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    05-01-13 03:37 AM
    LoL, The problem isnt the HTC hardware, but the simple exploitable unstable, monolitic, unsecure, android kernel.
    05-01-13 04:02 AM
    Isn't the HTC One and Z10 pretty similar in their appearance?

A friend of mine is about to get his HTC One soon. Will be fun to play with it to see what it's like.

Jelly Bean is nice yes. But Android is boring to me. Like somone else here mentioned Android has a pretty surface but it must be somewhat chaos under the hood. Jelly Bean 4.1 which introduced "Project Butter", that finally made Android smooth, was an afterthought and something they should had implemented from the very beginning. Adding things like that very late in the OS life can't be optimal. And it still stutters a lot from time to time so it's still not smooth all the time.
    Duvi and webbywebb like this.
    05-01-13 04:11 AM
    HTC one is seriously beautiful hardware (I have the black) with a great feel...BB10 is the best OS in the market today....i would pay for anyone who can port BB10 to HTC One..

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 and radlink14 like this.
    05-01-13 04:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    And that's the all the reason why I walked away from android my friend.

Via Z10
    slparry and sklotz2000 like this.
    05-01-13 05:06 AM
    LoL, The problem isnt the HTC hardware, but the simple exploitable unstable, monolitic, unsecure, android kernel.
    I'd say that the problem is more to do with myths rather then facts

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:09 AM
    Man your really reaching on this thread here. Non of that's even true beside maybe the bloat ware part. But guess what. There's a app to get rid of that stuff to.
    shief24 likes this.
    05-01-13 05:30 AM
    Man your really reaching on this thread here. Non of that's even true beside maybe the bloat ware part. But guess what. There's a app to get rid of that stuff to.
    I'd like to point out also that the z10 gas apps that are useless to me and I can't delete them

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:38 AM
    I have the One, and I had the Z10 right before it. BB10 is superior to Android, by a long shot, but the One hardware is superior in almost every way to the Z10. It depends on where your priorities are. Android JB (4.1.2+) is a huge improvement over ICS and back, but it still lacks in some areas.
    05-01-13 05:39 AM
428 123 ...