An email that I KNOW I read last night has disappeared. I likely read it on my Z10, and I must have deleted it before my PC downloaded it (strange, I didn't think my Z10 deleted messages on the server, anyway).
    Regardless, is there a trash can or something in BB10 to look at? I can't find anything.

No posts about this that I could find for BB10 - hope I'm not repeating...
    Thanks!
    03-26-13 06:03 PM
    You could check on your accounts trash folder, from the HUB. Tap the blue "BlackBerry Hub" bar.
    03-26-13 06:05 PM
    Ahh yes you have discovered one of those gottacha's .
    If you delete an email from Z10 it will delete it from your server's INBOX and if you are using GMail at the next sync it will also be deleted and not to Trash (as u would expect).
    Outlook.com/Hotmail will hold it in the Deleted folders on the server where you can do a recovery.

This has been my experience.
    mandony likes this.
    03-26-13 06:32 PM
    You could check on your accounts trash folder, from the HUB. Tap the blue "BlackBerry Hub" bar.
    I looked there -- in this particular account, there is no trash folder. It is POP3 for incoming, and I recall someone on CB pointing out that there is no option in BB10 to leave a copy of the message on the server. I guess THAT's what happened (actually, I had assumed that "leave a copy" was the default...). I'll be on the lookout to mitigate it until there's a solution. Thanks!
    03-27-13 01:32 AM
    That is a gotcha for sure. I just found that out. So there is no way to set it differently? Use to love that feature on older Blackberries. You could just delete them from your phone and they would stay in your inbox. If there is no other way it maybe a good time to try out the new outlook service.
    04-05-13 11:22 AM
    Help on the email situation. . . so you cannot recover your email once deleted from the trash on google; however I just read you can set your google account at a pop mail about in settings and use microsoft outlook to down load the emails and once you delete from your phone, they will be in your outlook. That isn't so bad.
    04-05-13 11:35 AM
    Ahh yes you have discovered one of those gottacha's .
    If you delete an email from Z10 it will delete it from your server's INBOX and if you are using GMail at the next sync it will also be deleted and not to Trash (as u would expect).
    Outlook.com/Hotmail will hold it in the Deleted folders on the server where you can do a recovery.

This has been my experience.
    Just to clarify...

Are you saying that even if you go into your Browser, navigate to your gmail account, go into:
    Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP > IMAP Access: > When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder: > Move the message to the Trash

Are you saying even if I do that, it will still delete it forever and not go into trash?
    04-05-13 11:43 AM
    Actually I just found out if you change your email to a POP and then delete it from your Z10 it doesn't seem to delete it any longer. I just deleted one and it has stayed in my inbox on gmail. I have refreshed, navigated away, and it is still there. So that is the fix. Change your gmail account to a POP and I suppose leave the IMAP on, that is how mine is, and if you delete from the Z10 it will not delete from your gmail. whew. . . I am glad for this.
    04-05-13 12:19 PM
    On POP accounts: 'delete' removes the email from the server (unless the server side has the ability to 'save' all emails)
    In former OS there was a 'delete from device' or 'delete from server': these are not available from Z10.
    BB Tech support told me there is no work around, that is 'just the way' they designed the OS.

My email web server provider is Network Solutions. They do not have a 'save' option.
    The work around is to set up a new 'savesafety @yourdomain.com' email account.
    Have each of the email accounts that you set up on the Z10 configured on the web server to forward a copy of all emails to 'savesafety @yourdomain.com' and "Keep a copy of each forwarded message".
    You will have an extra copy of your emails on 'savesafety @yourdomain.com' that can be accessed if you accidentally press the delete button on the Z10 email account.
    You can also set up the account 'savesafety @yourdomain.com' on the Z10. On HUB options turn 'OFF view on HUB'

Duh! What genius at BB programing 'forgot' to put on Z10 the delete on device or delete on server options!
    Jiggy1971 and claymore2211 like this.
    04-05-13 12:33 PM
    yeah I just noticed they are deleting. I am wondering who the genius was myself. Thanks for the info and the help.
    claymore2211 likes this.
    04-05-13 01:26 PM
    Yep. Gmail emails are gone!! Can't recover them from the trash. This is a travesty. I could kick myself. I meant to mark all prior items read and hit delete by accident.
    06-18-13 08:41 AM
    It has nothing to do with the way they designed the OS. It's because they no longer use the BIS servers and therefore can only sync with with email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:24 AM
    If you are concerned about accidentally deleting emails, enable deletion confirmation. I pain I know, but sometimes the benefits outweigh the extra click. I also 'File' messages to a non-synchronized folder in the IMAP accounts.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    06-18-13 09:41 AM