I am typing this on my Playbook which is bridged to my Blackberry Z10 (White of course) nothing special you say, true but what if I said I am at the same time listening to music which is on an SD card in the Z10 through earphones which are plugged into the Playbook.

In other words any videos or music I have on SD cards are now available to listen to or watch via my Playbook by streaming the music or videos from the Z10 to the Playbook. It works for any pictures stored on your Z10 phone too.

If you take a picture and would like to see it or show it on a bigger screen you can do so instantly. If anyone wants to use these features and can't work it out here's how you do it.

It's very simple once you have bridged your Playbook to your Z10!

All you do is open the File Manager on the Playbook, at the top of the screen you will see 2 icons Playbook and Blackberry press the Blackberry one, now you should see 2 more Icons Device and Media Card choose the one you wish to stream from.

The Device icon is your Z10's internal memory and the Media Card icon is the SD card you have inserted, once you have chosen one all you have to do now is open the Video, Music, or Picture file and hey presto its Plays or Appears on your Playbook.

There are many uses here are a couple to try, take a picture with your Z10 and then view it on your Playbook screen to see if you want to keep it.another is save a movie on an SD card and watch it on your Playbook without having to store it.

The point to all this is we have been given a great device by Blackberry its now time to put in the hours and share our findings, I will try to do my bit!
    doubleuc likes this.
    02-11-13 03:30 PM
    Great post! Thanks!
    02-11-13 04:01 PM
    And if you'd like to copy files to/from your BB10 phone using your PlayBook, try Files & Folders. While it's not an officially supported feature, many users have reported that it works as long as the phone isn't managed by BES. It will even stream media from the cloud. Take the trial version for a spin:
    02-11-13 08:05 PM
    I am replying to this post in order to reopen the conversation. I am unable to view movies from my Z10 sd card on my playbook. If someone could tell me how to do this, it would provide a use for my playbook. When I access the sd card through the playbook, it says no files are accessible by the playbook. Photos and documents are.
    09-17-13 11:18 AM
    I am replying to this post in order to reopen the conversation. I am unable to view movies from my Z10 sd card on my playbook. If someone could tell me how to do this, it would provide a use for my playbook. When I access the sd card through the playbook, it says no files are accessible by the playbook. Photos and documents are.
    I believe that after the latest updates from the PlayBook has taken away these features from BB10 devices .

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:47 AM
    Swell

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:03 PM
    I had no idea they enabled all this and sharing the web again. Bit out of date lol
    09-17-13 03:19 PM
    And yeah, videos are one of the only things i can't view.
    09-17-13 03:20 PM
    When bridged you can from your bb10 device select your file ( music, picture, pdf ect.) use the share feature then select open on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 04:06 PM
    How do you do that?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:06 PM