My kid uses a BlackBerry. She loves it. My Dad uses a BlackBerry (procured by me). Friends use mostly iOS. Brothers use this and that.

I use Android.

Converting people to use what I use is CRAZY.
    Exactly. Was just talking phones with visiting family. Nephew has BB (his first phone....he was disappointed to hear my report on BB10 - he knew it was out but hadnt heard anything about it), brother has new work-issued iphone 5 (had work BB until recently), also there a low-end android, several ipod touch around, a PB, an ipad 2.....we use them interchangeably.....all interested in tech to some degree....dont' care what the others use....talk about the companies (I admit, I made them watch part of the launch....for laughs) but remain agnostic. If I get sick, neither Apple, nor Samsung, nor RIM are likely to be there for me....and if anyone of them dies, it would pale in comparison to a real friend/relative/neighbor/pet.....um....stranger...dying.

I'll certainly give my opinion if the topic comes up, and when somebody asks for advice I talk about it....although even then I tend to stick to facts, and for personal opinion, I say "this iphone has been working great for me. It has done everything I wanted". Again, partly because these people should make their own free choice, and I don't want to be responsble if something goes wrong! LOL
    02-24-13 06:02 PM
    Let's test that theory

1.MULTITASKING- IPHONE IS THE POOREST OF ALL PHONES IN MULTITASKING
    iPhone can have more than 8 applications multitasking. BB10 doesn't even run background apps yet. Understatement to call this point wrong
    To be completely fair, theres a difference between the iphones `multitasking` and the BB10 `active frame` multitasking, as items can be running inside the active frames - as an example I can have nobex minimised and be in the browser with nobex still running. so ya that's multitasking.

As for backround running, I get your point but your incorrect, what you mean is on BB10 theres not yet a public API for that, it can (and very much does) do background running, as BB World now gives you update notifications without opening it, your alarm goes off without the clock app open etc. like I say, your point is kinda valid but not in a `it doesn't do it` but your better off saying 'currently 3rd party apps cant run background services when not in an active frame, but the OS does support it'
    02-24-13 06:03 PM
    I agree with you. I can personally acknowledge pros of other platforms. I ENVY the ecosystem of iOS for one.
    Thank u. It shouldn't be hard to admit when something is better. People in these forums act like their mother got slapped when people say anything negative about BB. I've never tried anything but a BB. It's suited my needs so far but I can also admit there are a ton of features IOS has that I wished BB offered
    Last edited by Rello; 02-24-13 at 06:37 PM.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-24-13 06:05 PM
    Thank u. It shouldn't be hard to admit when something is better. People in these forums act like their mother got slapped when people say anything negative about BB. I've never tried anything but a BB. It's suited my needs so far but can also admit there there are a ton of features IOS has that I wished BB offered
    Once again...I agree haha. People here seem to always complain about the iSheep and how they blindly follow and buy Apple products, but yet, some of people here seem to do the same thing with BlackBerry. Anything against BlackBerry here is considered "trolling" by that crowd.

Just to clear stuff up though: I love CrackBerry and I like to stay active in the forums and catch up on the latest news so I am not here hating on the forums or CrackBerry itself, just kind of speaking out here.
    Rello and mikeo007 like this.
    02-24-13 06:13 PM
    Once again...I agree haha. People here seem to always complain about the iSheep and how they blindly follow and buy Apple products, but yet, some of people here seem to do the same thing with BlackBerry. Anything against BlackBerry here is considered "trolling" by that crowd.

Just to clear stuff up though: I love CrackBerry and I like to stay active in the forums and catch up on the latest news so I am not here hating on the forums or CrackBerry itself, just kind of speaking out here.
    Exactly. I've always said here that I believe the BB fanbois are in my opinion worse than trolls. I've seen so many people fight losing battles and end up getting banned because they got into it with a fanboi who simply can't admit anything wrong with BB. Even if every reviewer of a BB device said it had a certain issue, a fanboi will flip it to BB's favor. The response in the original post is exactly this lol. I love BB, but many fail to realize that BB wouldn't have so many negative articles against them if the devices were absolutely perfect like many think they are lol. BB has B10 is looking great and I can't wait to pick up a BB10 when it arrives in the states, but they have a very long way to go still...
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-24-13 06:48 PM
    Exactly. I've always said here that I believe the BB fanbois are in my opinion worse than trolls. I've seen so many people fight losing battles and end up getting banned because they got into it with a fanboi who simply can't admit anything wrong with BB. Even if every reviewer of a BB device said it had a certain issue, a fanboi will flip it to BB's favor. The response in the original post is exactly this lol. I love BB, but many fail to realize that BB wouldn't have so many negative articles against them if the devices were absolutely perfect like many think they are lol. BB has B10 is looking great and I can't wait to pick up a BB10 when it arrives in the states, but they have a very long way to go still...
    I really think that the only areas the Z10 really needs work is BlackBerry World, some bug fixes with the voice control, and possibly maps. People I know in the UK say that BB Maps is great and dead accurate but reviewers here in the states say it sucks. Maybe because it hasn't been released or tested in the US, I don't know. It would be a huge plus though if big name apps like Skype, Netflix, Hulu+, WhatsApp, etc (or even just a few) were there by the US release. It would make a lot of people happy!
    Rello likes this.
    02-24-13 06:57 PM
    The guys heart is in the right place. But the errors just make it comical and hard to take serious
    02-24-13 07:02 PM
    ??? The iphone is generally accepted to have better battery life than the z10. It's iphone > z10 > s3.....though it's reasonably close between all of them.
    I'm clearly missing out by having the iPhone 4S. battery life on it really struggles to get through the day and it isn't even LTE. <grumble>
    02-24-13 07:12 PM
    I don't want to convert anyone anymore, I want Z10 to be mine ONLY MINE!!!! MY PRECIOUS!!!!!
    LOL.

I don't know, all these "let's convert our friends to ____" threads remind me of the religious people who show up at my doorstep on Saturday mornings trying to convert me to their religion. I once had to sit on a flight with a dude who spent a bunch of time trying to convert me to an iPhone way back when I had a curve. Then his battery died, while I popped the battery out of mine and put a fresh one in. He shut up.

Go with what you like and what meets your needs.
    02-24-13 07:15 PM
    To step away from the nit-picking and attempt to get this back on topic, if I may ...

If you want to convert an iPhone user to a Z10, just strongly encourage them to try one. They'll either like it better or they won't; but they have to decide for themselves, not anybody else. Start rattling off a list of reasons why one is better than the other, you'll likely get the same reaction I give them when they tell me all the reasons why my 9900 is ancient technology: resentment.

As I posted in another thread, a friend of mine who ditched BB for an iPhone was very impressed with the Z10 when he recently had the chance to check one out. I can tell you when it's finally available here, he will be giving it some very strong consideration. Can't ask for more than that.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-24-13 07:41 PM
    The point of reposting a thread posted by someone elso is what?????
    02-24-13 07:50 PM
    Not only has this moron used all caps, he's blatantly wrong on most of his points. Why would anyone think this guy deserves anything other than institutionalisation?

If it does go viral across any forums where people with brains reside it will get shot down quick enough.
    Can you be more specific? Which points are wrong and what are the correct versions?
    02-24-13 08:01 PM
    I really think that the only areas the Z10 really needs work is BlackBerry World, some bug fixes with the voice control, and possibly maps. People I know in the UK say that BB Maps is great and dead accurate but reviewers here in the states say it sucks. Maybe because it hasn't been released or tested in the US, I don't know. It would be a huge plus though if big name apps like Skype, Netflix, Hulu+, WhatsApp, etc (or even just a few) were there by the US release. It would make a lot of people happy!
    I find The Maps application is bang on here in Canada. It needs more features but the directions and ease if use are excellent.
    02-24-13 08:05 PM
    Nobody is going to take this guys comments seriously with Caps, misspellings and opinions. People have to figure out Themselves if they will like this phone or not. This guy is just embarrassing himself with the said reasons I stated.
    02-24-13 08:28 PM
    Can you be more specific? Which points are wrong and what are the correct versions?
    Did you even read this thread? He posted a detailed post with his critique of this guys bull-ish.
    02-24-13 08:34 PM
    I fully agree there. Personally, I have no major issues with BB Maps for my 9900 so I ready to see what BB Maps on the Z10 is like. I never expected it to be anywhere as good as Google Maps like many others seemed to expect...which is crazy because BB doesn't have people working on the around the clock like Google. BB maps on the Z10 seems a little bare-bones, but I think it should still suit me.

I'm also waiting to see if its true that many apps that are missing will come to BB World when it arrives in the US. Hopefully more will come to light in the next week or two.
    02-24-13 09:11 PM
    To me, its not really about what's wrong and what's not (even though there is a ton of wrong/petty info in there), but more about the way they went about posting that info. Very childish in my opinion.
    02-24-13 09:13 PM
    At the end of the day people, it is just a motherfuc*ing phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    HollyWOOD1906 likes this.
    02-24-13 11:13 PM
    about 4 of the points mentioned are legitimate. the rest will make you look like you have no clue what you're talking about.
    distributor1 likes this.
    02-24-13 11:23 PM
    I fully agree there. Personally, I have no major issues with BB Maps for my 9900 so I ready to see what BB Maps on the Z10 is like. I never expected it to be anywhere as good as Google Maps like many others seemed to expect...which is crazy because BB doesn't have people working on the around the clock like Google. BB maps on the Z10 seems a little bare-bones, but I think it should still suit me.

I'm also waiting to see if its true that many apps that are missing will come to BB World when it arrives in the US. Hopefully more will come to light in the next week or two.
    google maps sideloaded from android seems to be running great on the z10, this i think has become a non-issue for my future purchase of the z10
    Rello likes this.
    02-24-13 11:24 PM
    The real steam will power through....
    02-25-13 12:09 AM
    Let's test that theory

1.MULTITASKING- IPHONE IS THE POOREST OF ALL PHONES IN MULTITASKING
    iPhone can have more than 8 applications multitasking. BB10 doesn't even run background apps yet. Understatement to call this point wrong
    2.DUAL PROFILES(BB BALANCE)-IPHONE DOSE'NT HAVE IT
    Neither do any consumers and those who work from home. This feature shouldn't be hyped to anyone but IT departments running BES. Really, this should be made available to us all, but oh well.
    3.SCREEN SIZE-BBZ10 4.2-IPHONE LOSES
    Eh? What? Why?
    4.DISPLAY-BBZ10 IS 356 IPHONE IS 325-IPHONE LOSES
    Haven't checked this out, but let's say it's true, this would be the first accurate point
    5.KEYBOARD.BBZ10 HAS THE BEST
    Best native keyboard, without a doubt, that's two points
    6.SECURITY DOESN'T HAVE ANY
    For consumers, without BIS, BB10 is no more secure than any of the options. Invalid point.
    7.BUTTON-LESS
    This is true, third point.
    8.GRIP AND FORM FACTOR IN THE HAND-BBZ10 HAS A BETTER GRIP. THE IPHONE MIGHT BEND IN YOUR POCKET-ITS MADE OF ALUMINUM
    Subjective at best. No long term tests on Z10 reliability.
    9.MESSENGER, BECAUSE IPHONE'S MESSENGER IS A JOKE
    iPhone also offers options to message just about anyone. Z10's options are a joke, if they don't run with a BlackBerry, sometimes if it's not a BB10 device, you're out of luck.
    10.BBZ10 HAS NFC, IPHONE STILL DOESN'T HAVE NFC
    And this is used how exactly? Fine, even though NFC is nowhere near widespread, fine, 4th point
    11.BUMP FILE TRANSFER, BBZ10 HAS IT, IPHONE DOESN'T HAVE IT
    Bump isn't available for BB10 as far as I know
    12.BBZ10 CAN SEND MORE THAN 30 PICS ON A TEXT, IPHONE CAN ONLY SEND 10 OR 11
    What? Pics? On a text? 30 pics in a text?
    13.TOTAL INTEGRATION OF THE BBZ10 10 HUH, IPHONE DOSE NOT OFFER INTEGRATION, EVERYTHING IS ALL OVER THE PLACE,
    iPhone has a notification centre. So does Android. It's done differently on BB10, but an integrated notification system is available on other OSes
    14.600,000 OF THE 800,000 APPS ARE 6 1/2 YEARS OLD, BLACKBERRY IS FOCUSED ON THE PAST 1 1/2 APPS, BUT ID GETTING RESISTANCE
    I don't know what this point is. Is he saying that BlackBerry are facing resistance in getting apps? Fine, yes I agree with him. That is not a pro for BB10
    15.ACTIVE FRAMES ON BBZ10 IS TERRIFIC -IPHONE IS STILL A POOR MULTITASKER
    As above, iPhone multitasks more apps and allows background apps. That puts it way ahead of BB10 for multitasking in it's current form.
    16BBZ10 HAS ENDLESS OF OPTIONS, IPHONE IS LIMITED, ONLY AS GOOD AS THE APP YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IF AVAILABLE FOR FREE.
    What? Let's keep it simple, Gmail app on iOS allows sound customisation and more than 30 days sync right? No such luck on BB10.
    17.BETTER SOUND QUALITY ON THE BBZ10-TEST IT IF YOU THINK I'M LYING
    Subjective
    18.BBZ10 ALSO HAS A MICRO-KERNEL PLATFORM,IPHONE IS STILL PARTLY MONOLITHIC...RESEARCH THIS PLEASE PEOPLE
    Who gives a ****? All the research into QNX, all the nuclear reactors it supposedly powers, no one cares. It isn't more battery efficient than the competition, it doesn't multitask better, installation and upgrading of apps isn't better, and it's meant having to kiss BIS good and they can't integrate decent notifications/customisations. Research that.
    19.IPHONE TAKE VERY GOOD PICTURES, BECAUSE THE PHONE IS SET TO TAKE THE HIGHEST QUALITY PICTURE ONLY, NO OPTIONS TO CHANGE FOR TEXTING MULTIPLE PHOTOS
    But apps like WhatsApp scale the pic size down. I think he's saying the iPhone camera is better and trying to make that sound like a bad thing. Good luck with that.
    20.BBZ10 HAS A REPLACEABLE BATTERY, IPHONE DOES NOT
    True, major plus, 5 points now
    21.BBZ10 HAS MICRO SD EXPANSIONS UP 64GB, IPHONE DOES NOT, SO IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE CONTENT OF THE PHONE YOU CAN, IPHONE DOESN'T GIVE YOU A CHOICE, ALSO EVERYTHING PURCHASED IN ITUNES IS NOT YOURS, IT IS PROPERTY OF APPLE,ASK YOURSELF , WHERE IS THE MUSIC ACTUALLY ON YOU PC.. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, RETRIEVING CLOUD MATERIAL IS IMPOSSIBLE
    Micro SD is a big plus, that's 6. iTunes isn't everyone's cup of tea but people use it, many people use it, so they must like it.
    22.IPHONE IS WIDE OPEN WHEN IT COMES TO SECURITY AND MATERIAL, BBZ10 HAS TWO SECURED SIDES,8 GBS EACH-16 GB TOTAL
    Look, no BIS means even Blackberry aren't focusing on security. You can't keep pushing security on this platform given the changes made.
    23.IPHONE IS 7 YEARS OLD AND STILL HAS FREEZING AND LOCKING ISSUES
    Lol, with all the development and new tech, BB still can't make it completely crash free, what's the diff? Older tech crashes, if anything it's more embarrassing when new tech crashes, more so given we were told QNX would be uber awesome at keeping things running.
    24.BBZ10 IS THE EASIEST PLATFORM TO WRITE FOR NOW, AND THEY PAY MORE FOR THE APPS, IPHONE PAYS THE LEAST,
    Because of the sheer volume of apps sold, most major devs will make more money on iOS than BB. To suggest you'd make less on iOS developing if you have a successful app is one of the stupidest things ever said
    25.THE CHARGER IS STANDARD, WITH A MICRO HDMI OUT PORT, IPHONE'S CHARGER IS PROPRIETY AND NO HDMI OUT..
    True, 7 points now
    26.BBZ10 CAN BLUETOOTH TO OTHER PHONES AND DEVICES , IPHONE CAN NOT BLUETOOTH TO OTHER PHONES AT ALL,NO HOW,
    Really? Not sure, I don't have an iPhone but find this hard to believe.
    27.HEY Brian Tong I FIND IT VERY LOW OF CNET TO TAKE MONEY FROM APPLE TO KEEP OTHER PRODUCTS OUT OF THE HANDS OF MILLIONS,YOU DID A COMPARISON KNOW DAMN WELL THAT BLACKBERRY HAD THE FASTER BROWSER, AND WAS SUPPORTED BETTER, BUT YOU LIED, BBZ10 IS NOT THE IPHONE SO WHY DO DOWN FOR NOT BEHAVING LIKE AN IPHONE, THE BBZ10 IS A BLACKBERRY THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS,IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BEHAVE LIKE OTHERS, OTHER ARE TRYING TO BEHAVE LIKE BLACKBERRY,REMEMBER THE BB BLUEPRINT IS WHAT EVERYBODY IS USING RITE NOW,APPLE DIES WITH STEVE JOBS, GET OVER IT, BBZ10 IS FAR BETTER THAN ANDROID AND IPHONE, IT IS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE TO GET THAT THRU TO THE PEOPLE THAT ONLY WANT TO EAT APPLES AND SEE ROBOTS..DIDN'T EVE BITE AN APPLE, AND YOU SEE HOW THAT TURNED OUT, I WONDER WHAT Brian TonG IS GOING TO SAY WHEN APPLE STOPS PAYING CNET,YOU TAKE IT FOR WHAT I SAID, WE ALL KNOW YOU PAID BY APPLE. IF NOT
    PS,
    Utter bull****, insulting, abusive, misinformed. No one wants to be BlackBerry, they want to be iOS and Android, that's why they've moved away from trackpads, customisation, security, BIS, and keyboards, to what the big boys are offering.
    28. BBZ10 ALSO HAS STORY MAKER, TO CREATE YOUR OWN MOVIE AND VIDEOS, FROM FILM FOOTAGE AND PICS, THAT'S NOT AN APP, ITS NATIVE
    Yeah and other systems have apps that do this, and are tightly integrated with the OS.

So what do we have, 7 points? ***** hasn't even mentioned Flash in the browser, which is a huge plus, or the unique UI in detail, which is so awesome.
    As I said, on a forum with people using their brains and not utterly biased, this post gets shot down and buried. If you run the comparison against Android it's even worse as all of those 7 points are offered on most Android devices.

BB10 is a good platform, or at least has decent potential, but this guy hasn't understood that at all. He's too busy typing in caps cos he thinks he's clever.
    lol you're preaching to the wrong choir. Please, leave me out of this style of conversation...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    02-25-13 12:52 AM
    lol you're preaching to the wrong choir. Please, leave me out of this style of conversation...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    Usually "preaching to the choir" means you are trying to convince somebody who already agrees with you. Obviously, that's not the case here, since he's diagreeing with your statement. I'm nor sure what you mean then by saying he's preaching to the "wrong choir". It would seem actually he's preaching to the correct choir, as he's attempting to refute your assertion.

In any case, he's responding directly to your assertion that "most" of the points are "legit", so it's rather hard to "leave" you out of it. You made the statement!
    mikeo007 and bobauckland like this.
    02-25-13 02:26 AM

I love BB Maps for my 9850. The only thing that is missing is satellite pictures.
    02-25-13 05:50 AM
    Why is he YELLING?

And why the need to "sell" the Z10 to my friends? Why not ask them what features/apps they want, and need, and recommend a phone based on that? If it turns out that another phone is better suited for them, that's the one I will recommend to them, not the one that I like just because I want to see it succeed. I'm not in sales.
    Yup....if I go around selling a phone to my friends I expect to be paid for my time.

I show my friends my phones when I'm excited about them, but I don't sell them. That's the manufacturer's job.
    Tre Lawrence and mikeo007 like this.
    02-25-13 05:56 AM
112 1234 ...