A few months ago I was downloading some music into my z10. I remember going into my photo gallery and seeing an Android folder with my videos in there. I wanted to delete the videos, so I deleted the folder. From then on, most apps (I think most if not all of them are Android apps) would not allow me to upload to and from my gallery, instead saying something like "No External Storage Available" or "cannot create the save directory". I believe it's because I deleted the Android folder. I waited to see if it would fix itself over time, but like it expected it still hasn't.

I can view my gallery, I just can't upload to and from it, I would have to use file manager. If uploading from file manager is not an option though, I can't upload a photo at all. I thin the phone is acting as if I'm supposed to have/am missing an SD card, that of which I've never used in the past. I've tried restarting the phone, taking out the battery, etc. At this point I feel like my last option is to factory reset, which is my last resort, but I want to know before I do it if there's any other options. Also, I didn't make a backup on Blackberry Link beforehand...

Please help. At first I didn't think it were a big problem but now I see it might be. Thanks in advance.
    01-27-15 05:40 PM
    you are going to need to reload your OS and reload your Android apps so they can create the folder you need. Have you tried recreating the folder in the location where it needs to be?
    01-28-15 08:37 AM
    You will more than likely have to reload your of

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 07:26 PM
    I think you're stuck. I did something similar. Deleted an android folder that,appearedcto only contain pictures from the Home Depot app. (Not sure why it has to save pictures to the phone but whatever.) Shortly thereafter I noticed my ringtones didn't work for my contacts. They were set right but the phone only used the default tones. I tried to reset them and discovered, the majority of my downloaded tones were gone. Even more disturbing, most my pictures were gone. Not sure how or why or even which app set up the android folder or nested other folders in it but it did and all that stuff was lost.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:27 PM
    you are going to need to reload your OS and reload your Android apps so they can create the folder you need. Have you tried recreating the folder in the location where it needs to be?
    Thanks everyone for the replies so far.
    I've tried creating a folder named "Android" in the photo gallery where I deleted it, and as I suspected it didn't do anything. I'm not sure if it even belongs in the gallery, though. I've also checked out the a folder in my file manager named "Android". It says it has 0 items inside, and I'm not allowed to access it. Next to it there was my "misc" folder, which I believe might have been inside the Android folder I deleted.
    And thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into it!
    01-29-15 09:40 PM