Kinda, I can see a time when people will get fed up with ios and Android and look to try something different,
    I just hope BlackBerry keep going through these thin times so they will be there when that happens.

Posted via CB10
    Their stock prices have plummeted in the past 5 years. They've gone from a high of close to $80/share to just over $7/share today with a steady decline. It's sad.
    07-27-15 02:18 PM
    On a scale of 1-100%, ad pick 101%
    Perfect phone

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:06 PM
    This is probably not the response you're expecting but I'm actually thinking it's time to give up Blackberry.

I really enjoyed my time with it, but there were/are some struggles with it. Starting with an incomplete starting OS (10.1). 10.2 was a huge improvement but it still had some annoyances like how they dealt with BBM and Glympse ( OFFER THE FULL POWER OF GLYMPSE YOU MORONS! Don't do this insulting "we'll let you use it ONLY if you can convince your friends to install BBM otherwise SCREW YOU!"). As time is going on the inability for BB to push updates on their own and how the US carriers work is really starting to make them fall farther and farther behind. Yes, Yes, "Install Sachesi". I don't want to lose WiFi calling.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like BB10. It always annoys me to use the Android phone in that the multi tasking is so clunky and slow comparatively as is the notification "shade" vs BBHub. But the advantages of the Android phone are starting to grow stronger and stronger.

1. The camera is much better on my Android phone.
    2. I can group text. Group texting on the Z10 = sending everyone in the group an individual text message. I've stopped replying to group texts because I always get messages from people going "huh? what are you talking about" since they think I'm replying to them privately.
    3. I have access to accessories. I have a Lockitron at home (I don't really use it but I have it) and an Automatic for my car. Both require my Android phone to operate. I also have a GoPro, but the GoPro Android app does run on my Z10 (the Lockitron does not, the Automatic I haven't tried).
    4. I have access to more apps. I'm starting to use Snapchat more often for example. Not available on BB10. Android Glympse lets you Glympse anyone as long as they have email, SMS, or the Glympse app. BB10 Glympse you can only Glympse friends with BBM.

The sad thing is a lot of these problems aren't really Blackberry's problems. I'm not sure but I would think 10.3's new Android VM would let more Android apps work as well as perhaps fixing the group text problems. But as it is now I'm just hanging on to the Z10 because it's so much better for texting/email.
    bczeetouch likes this.
    07-27-15 08:12 PM
    For the last 6 weeks I have been using a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (it was supplied as a work phone). It is a really good device, lots of apps if that's your thing and fantastically high specked. However, for ease of use and practicality it is woeful when compared to my beloved Z10. The only thing better is the battery life, but I don't consider the battery on my Z10 to be too bad. BB10 is far superior to Android and as for the keyboard, this is perfect. Needless to say I have abandoned the Sony and returned to my Z10.

From my first ever BlackBerry (z10)
    07-28-15 02:39 AM
    Kinda, I can see a time when people will get fed up with ios and Android and look to try something different,
    I just hope BlackBerry keep going through these thin times so they will be there when that happens.

Posted via CB10
    Just like what I have experienced. I got fed up of android. And when I tried BlackBerry, I just thought I should have tried it long before. if only I knew that BlackBerry is this awesome. But that doesnt matter I will enjoy my device as long as BlackBerry is there. #bbforever

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 11:24 AM
    How I wish I could have the st100-2 (sigh)

Posted via CB10
    I have a STL100-2 and am happy. Love it. I hope this information helps you to endure your pain ;-)) (teasing).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by craggy; 07-28-15 at 03:50 PM.
    07-28-15 03:13 PM
    I'm using the Z10 for a year now, and after the Nokia 6310i it is hands down the best phone (yes, phone as in calling device) that I had. Further more, it does the job better and more easily than the big A's (Android and Apple). Windows phone gets me on my nerves. I hope my girlfriends LG will die soon so I can pickup a Z30, for more screen estate and other obvious reasons.
    I'm not really a fanboy, but they just make the best phones for the kind of work I do.
    07-28-15 03:29 PM
    Coming up on 2 years with my Z10 and have been very pleased with it. Does anyone know what device is or will be considered the successor to the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 07:15 PM
    Coming up on 2 years with my Z10 and have been very pleased with it. Does anyone know what device is or will be considered the successor to the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Z30 is the only successor at the moment. The slider may or may not be marketed as a successor for touch and physical keyboards devices.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-28-15 10:29 PM
    It's a great phone overall. Only knock against it is the camera. It's pretty crappy!

Posted via Z10
    @camera: I always see the camera and the built-in picture-editor as a unity. Before I send a photo to someone, I edit it, especially light it up a bit, then I reduce it in size with the aid of the app "Photo Crush" to VGA-size (= 640x480 pixels) and only then I send it away. The lightening up works even with pictures against the light pretty well. So far my experiences.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 12:04 AM
    I have a STL100-2 and am happy. Love it. I hope this information helps you to endure your pain ;-)) (teasing).

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha.. you made me want to get one!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 01:31 AM
    I'm using the Z10 for a year now, and after the Nokia 6310i it is hands down the best phone (yes, phone as in calling device) that I had. Further more, it does the job better and more easily than the big A's (Android and Apple). Windows phone gets me on my nerves. I hope my girlfriends LG will die soon so I can pickup a Z30, for more screen estate and other obvious reasons.
    I'm not really a fanboy, but they just make the best phones for the kind of work I do.
    Yeah right. It is definitely what you called smart phone. Btw, you a japanese?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 02:01 AM
    I also love my z10 a lot

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:05 PM
    I don't know shall I wait for a new blackberry full touch smartphone, or it will never come and I shall go for a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:17 PM
    z10 stl100-1 os 10.3.1.1779 here
    It's love and hate for me...
    While screen is superb, but for me I've found from os side is still lacking functions that I've taken for granted from other phone, namely vcard import, data monitor (before 10.3.1.1779) , widget. It's still need app developed by 3rd party to make it usable at basic smartphone level.
    As for z10, microscopic battery capacity teamed with small screen prevent it to be my daily driver. Without wifi, it barely make it to feature phone level because 3g will drain battery less than a day. Sadly no swipe keyboard available natively and swipe gesture is not uniform across app
    That's way most of us is grateful if somebody found new swipe gesture because ui is not intuitive enough. (I'm struggling to move cursor accurately to edit some word in the middle of prose or up-swipe to choose word because I can't really see where the cursor is pointing)

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 04:23 AM
    I sold my ip6 so as not to lose more money when the 6s released.
    I am waiting with patience till the 6s comes because of the Z10 hub, KEYBOARD, and screen quality.
    At the start in my community it felt weird to hold a blackberry, but now it is so cool.
    I just love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 09:14 AM
    I have a Z10, it's ok, but I would love a faster phone with the same camera and a more customisable SO, I would like to be able to block annimations so phone worked faster and consumed less battery.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 11:31 PM
    I really like this device, and actually even more than when I bought it, every update has made the device to work more fluidly and that's a big pro.

Posted via CB10
    BigBrownBirdDog likes this.
    08-02-15 05:29 AM
    1.) I need to clear space for 1.1-1.8G update for Verizon. I guess this might take up battery since update keeps trying?

2.) That being said, the hotspot feature heats up this phone to the point of shutting down.

I am wondering if now is a good time to buy a z30 from Verizon Wireless (or a q10 from ebay...?!) since they have different antenna ("Paratek") that might provide better-than-2-bar (and less than 2.5Mbps download speed, and upload speed always less than 1MBps).

Any thoughts on this, folks?
    I will miss the outside visibility of the z10 screen that looks beautiful with my reading glasses on and the removable battery should I chose the z30 which I think might have the best (made by Paratek) antenna...
    08-04-15 08:51 PM
    don't know about z30 screen but z10's sunlight proof display is my biggest reason still using it despite few shortfall on software and few hardware side.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:02 PM
    2 and a half years-going strong. : )

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 06:07 PM
    I do love the compact size and good screen from Z10 with 2Gigs RAM. Even the cpu is old, but whatever apps will run smoothly with 2Gigs of RAM multitasking. That's cannot lie us!!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:35 PM
    Enough that I haven't switched to another platform yet alone another BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    08-06-15 09:08 PM
    more than myself as if he is my son part of my body

notice that I said he

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:37 PM
    Couldn't agree more. I like the Z10 better today than when I bought it nearly 2 years ago. It's my opinion that the Z10 form factor is perfect and BlackBerry has made the software better with each iteration. The Z10 is a very robust tool. My only real problem with this platform is with the slow distribution of OTA updates by Verizon. I understand that the carrier is at fault, but it makes for a miserable experience compared to other platforms. It seems that BlackBerry has little leverage to improve the situation with carriers in the US. Unfortunate, considering the quality of the devices BlackBerry has produced in the last few years.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 02:15 PM
72 123