If any? I've recently got back from a 15 mile round trip using the phones gps and my data have barely moved. Literally a few mb's.

How does data with maps work?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:59 AM
    I recently used the BBMaps app for a 110 mile round-trip. My data counter via my provider only show in points of GB, but it didn't move from 1.2GB to 1.3GB until the day after, so waaaaaay less than 100mb.
    02-27-14 09:04 AM
    Same for me. It uses a few megs per 20 miles I would say.

Fairly limited. And clearly less than Waze for example.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:04 AM
    Same for me. It uses a few megs per 20 miles I would say.

Fairly limited. And clearly less than Waze for example.

Posted via CB10
    Not tried Waze. M8 doesn't eat much data either. I think generally the GPS on BB10 is quote light on data usage regardless of what app's being used.
    02-27-14 10:09 AM
    I presume this is because your map data is downloaded via cell/data in real time. It's not like you're piling up dozens of maps. Once you are out of an area. you are done with the map until you return to the area. And, of course, you are primarily using the cell system to navigate, not GPS.
    02-27-14 10:11 AM
    So it's not just the preinstalled map but things like BeMaps will use minimal data aswell?

I can't afford a decent sat nav yet but the features on the native app are slightly lacking

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:55 PM
    So it's not just the preinstalled map but things like BeMaps will use minimal data aswell?

I can't afford a decent sat nav yet but the features on the native app are slightly lacking

Posted via CB10
    Yeah - I've never had any major issue with data usage with using the GPS/Maps on my Z10. I've used the stock maps, M8, Google Maps APK & Mireo (which crashed too often, so I ditched it) - none of them ate much data up.

You're right in saying the BBMaps app. offers little over and above basic mapping. If I'm not using a road name or post/zip code, It barely recognises any places. M8 is much better for that and is free.
    02-28-14 06:17 AM
    Yeah - I've never had any major issue with data usage with using the GPS/Maps on my Z10. I've used the stock maps, M8, Google Maps APK & Mireo (which crashed too often, so I ditched it) - none of them ate much data up.

You're right in saying the BBMaps app. offers little over and above basic mapping. If I'm not using a road name or post/zip code, It barely recognises any places. M8 is much better for that and is free.
    Great I'll download that and try it out. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:36 AM