$30 for 6Gb data, $22 for 250 anytime, unlimited incoming, cid, vm, unlimited text, cheap long distance, early evenings and weekends unlimited. $52 per month Bell Mobility....oh ya Hardware upgrade every year
    02-09-13 08:36 PM
    Oi.

I am looking at upgrading to Z10 from my 8520 (2 years old).
    I have NO data plan on my 8520 currently. I am with Rogers and I pay around $35 a month (for some reason my usual $41 bill went down in October.....I'm not complaining)

To upgrade to a Z10 I would be looking at a DISCOUNTED bill of $52 and change. I say discounted because I spent DAYS on the phone with Rogers dickering and complaining about their lousy support.
    That $52 would get me:
    1000 nation-wide minutes a month (I currently have a nation-wide my-10)
    Unlimited evenings and weekends
    Unlimited text/BBM/picture and video messaging
    Call display
    Voice Mail
    And a whopping 150mb of data.

The data sucks but here is my thoughts:
    I am a SAHM - I am home 95% of the time, in a wifi zone. I have NEVER had a data plan for the 6 years I have owned a phone here in Ontario. I have survived very well, relying on wifi hotspots.
    I would love at least 1g of data to save my ****. But I kindda have a $45-$50 budget. So I plan on running on wifi-prefered while at home. I have unlimited BBM and texting, so that won't be eating into my data.
    This offer is on the table until May 1st - along with the $139 phone price
    I need nation wide minutes and they don't do My-10 anymore. I don't use my phone for browsing and I never will when I am outside of wifi. I would like to find out if there is a way to turn off data without disrupting BBM. I just wish I didn't have to have it PERIOD!
    I hate to be the one to inform you, but you should know, there are no segmented data plans (I.e. unlimited BBM, social networking, etc.) for the Z10. BBM will go towards your 150mb. This is the one negative consequence of the Z10 not requiring a BIS data plan.
    02-09-13 09:20 PM
    300mb 4g lte for $20 a month on a family plan on Att

using an S2 Skyrocket right now getting close to the limit lately hope the z10 isnt data hungry
    02-09-13 09:34 PM
    I'm on GiffGaff, unlimited data, UK.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 09:35 PM
    Really? Where can I find that on the website? If I can find it, I'm switching today. I pay $45 for 500 mb.
    its not on their website, its from customer retentions. this is my 4th year on contract with them though I had my number with them since 2003
    02-10-13 12:16 AM
    Rogers

10GB Data
    Unlimited North America Calling
    Unlimited text in North America plus Europe
    Caller ID, voicemail, etc etc

All in $68 tax included
    02-10-13 01:20 AM
    Some or you guys have amazing plans. I'm still rocking a 500mb blackberry plan from 4-5 years ago.

02-10-13 01:37 AM
    For those of you who are on Telus network... the plan is basically the same. You can even choose it online when you pre order the phone or just change it when you are getting your bb10 at the store!

You should and will get un limited text, calls, 3 voice mails, 1 gig, free caller id, call forwarding for a total of 70 dollars! Add national calling for 10 for free long distance across Canada and you are set( or don't if you are local only) .... If they don't want to give you this plan (even though it's on the website) tell them my phone number and say you want the same!

It worked for my friend so it will work for you....

Mafguard

P.S. If you want 3 gigs its 10 extra which is still below 100 in Ontario

02-10-13 03:06 AM
    If you are a current Telus customer, ask for the Retentions dept. They will give you a better deal. Let them know that you're considering the Z10 and would like more data for the $70 plan. Tell them you've been looking at the Bell plan that offers 10h of TV shows for $7 that doesnt count towards your data. Tell them you like the Fido plan. Anything to get the negotiations started...

A bit off topic but if you're with Telus and have not purchased the Z10 yet, you can trade in an old phone (just needs to turn on) and get at least $50 off the Z10. If it's a CDMA phone, you can get $100 off. For example, they will give me $100 for my old Pearl . Tempting to pull the trigger for an early upgrade.

For those of you who are on Telus network... the plan is basically the same. You can even choose it online when you pre order the phone or just change it when you are getting your bb10 at the store!

You should and will get un limited text, calls, 3 voice mails, 1 gig, free caller id, call forwarding for a total of 70 dollars! Add national calling for 10 for free long distance across Canada and you are set( or don't if you are local only) .... If they don't want to give you this plan (even though it's on the website) tell them my phone number and say you want the same!

It worked for my friend so it will work for you....

Mafguard

P.S. If you want 3 gigs its 10 extra which is still below 100 in Ontario

02-10-13 04:12 AM
    where i live for an unlimited data package it costs 150 USD per month! and a 2.5 GB plan costs 50 USD per month... i am still thinking which one to go for
    02-10-13 12:59 PM
    Looks like people in the US and Canada pay far too much for their mobile bandwidth. I'm in the UK and just added on an unlimited data package for just 3 per month. I'm with Three.

02-10-13 01:08 PM
    With GiffGaff, I get 400 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data and free GiffGaff to GiffGaff calls for 15.00 per month.
    02-10-13 01:36 PM
    Unlimited talk and text + 3GB of data... $65 a month. I had to option to go for 200 minutes + 6GB data for the same price but I chose the former. If I see I eat through a lot I'm gonna switch.

At the moment, however, Rogers has screwed up so I have unlimited data. This has happened to me many times. They'll figure it out eventually.

02-10-13 01:43 PM
    I hate to be the one to inform you, but you should know, there are no segmented data plans (I.e. unlimited BBM, social networking, etc.) for the Z10. BBM will go towards your 150mb. This is the one negative consequence of the Z10 not requiring a BIS data plan.
    I have confirmed with the office of the president that my BBM would NOT be taking off data....So if it does, they will be paying for it not me
    02-10-13 01:45 PM
    Yes my family in Europe always boasts about their cheap bandwidth. Even for home Internet, prices are cheaper, connection is faster and monthly allowances are higher. We are gouged here in North America.

02-10-13 01:45 PM
    A bit off topic but if you're with Telus and have not purchased the Z10 yet, you can trade in an old phone (just needs to turn on) and get at least $50 off the Z10. If it's a CDMA phone, you can get $100 off. For example, they will give me $100 for my old Pearl
    I just argued with our Telus store about this. They say my old CDMA phone is only worth 50 bucks period, not the 50 + 50 that the website suggests. :/
    02-11-13 08:26 AM
    in the UK, on Three UK, Unlimited data on 3G, �36/$58 p/m
    02-11-13 08:41 AM
    on Rogers 6G 49.50 taxes in
    02-11-13 08:48 AM
    One of the reasons my 9900 is still with telus: grandfathered over with a true unlimited data plan. BIS/BES/everything for $40/mo. No way I'm letting that go
    02-11-13 09:26 AM
    I have unlimited data and everything else for 65 Canadian dollars per month. Plus I have a monthly charge for financing my z10 contract price of 149. As well as a complete 2 years of insurance covering ANY damage, including liquid and any physical damage of any kind. All that peace of mind for less than 100 per month because SaskTel takes good care of it's loyal clients. Peace!

02-11-13 05:11 PM
70 123