I found my phone memory is full, please advise if we possibly to move or install apps into microsdcard?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:29 PM
    Youuu caaaaant

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-05-13 10:31 PM
    I have said in these forums when Z10 first rolled out. 16G is pathetic for a modern day slab phone like this. At least make some 32G or 64G for people's to choose from. Look at iPhone. Even Apple gives options to consumers.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:39 PM
    Hopefully that'll be resolved with OS 10.4
    Peaceful world likes this.
    10-05-13 11:02 PM
    Believe it or not, most users don't actually need that much app space. For those who do, I challenge them to demonstrate just how many of those apps are used on a day-to-day basis.

I will admit, the 16GB limit does put a damper on big games. One of BlackBerry's engineers was discussing this at some point, and said that app performance off the SD card was truly horrid, so they're probably doing us a favor.
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    10-05-13 11:07 PM
    I have seen several post about this very subject with the Z10. Personally, I don't get it. Firstly, to answer hkkelvinlee's question, the reason other makers have made a 32g and a 64g phones, were not for apps. The size is for music, photos, and videos. Mainly Music and Videos (movies) If you are running out of room on your phone you should get a 32g or 64g SD card. Thus giving your phone a max of 80G. More than anyone would generally need. I currently have a 32G card in my Z10 and I have 46 apps and 10 games running on my phone (not including the ones that come with the phone). I have 7.25G left on my internal storage. Do the math, if the average size of every game or app (which it isn't) is 100mb is size, I could have an extra 70+ games or apps over and above the ones i have already installed. (Can't max out the internal memory) So there's more than enough room for apps. Lastly, before there's an argument about spending extra money on the phone to add an external card, you can get 32G cards for approx $30 bucks. A lot cheaper if you wait for a sale.
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    10-06-13 12:06 AM
    Believe it or not, most users don't actually need that much app space. For those who do, I challenge them to demonstrate just how many of those apps are used on a day-to-day basis.

I will admit, the 16GB limit does put a damper on big games. One of BlackBerry's engineers was discussing this at some point, and said that app performance off the SD card was truly horrid, so they're probably doing us a favor.
    But for those that do, installing and UNinstalling and REinstalling can be a real pain in the tukhus.
    10-06-13 12:13 AM
    But for those that do, installing and UNinstalling and REinstalling can be a real pain in the tukhus.
    I get it, but you're an outlier. Most drivers don't need 12,000 lb towing capacity, either.

OTOH, at least all BBs take SD cards for media storage.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    10-06-13 12:38 PM
    I have seen several post about this very subject with the Z10. Personally, I don't get it. Firstly, to answer hkkelvinlee's question, the reason other makers have made a 32g and a 64g phones, were not for apps. The size is for music, photos, and videos. Mainly Music and Videos (movies) If you are running out of room on your phone you should get a 32g or 64g SD card. Thus giving your phone a max of 80G. More than anyone would generally need. I currently have a 32G card in my Z10 and I have 46 apps and 10 games running on my phone (not including the ones that come with the phone). I have 7.25G left on my internal storage. Do the math, if the average size of every game or app (which it isn't) is 100mb is size, I could have an extra 70+ games or apps over and above the ones i have already installed. (Can't max out the internal memory) So there's more than enough room for apps. Lastly, before there's an argument about spending extra money on the phone to add an external card, you can get 32G cards for approx $30 bucks. A lot cheaper if you wait for a sale.
    Same here. I have many apps installed on my phone with a good number of them that I don't use but I leave there anyway. I have never ran out of space on my phone EXCEPT when I was using the Storm.

Besides the space used for apps on the device, I have a 64 GB card (I picked it up on sale at Amazon and resulted just about $10 US above the 32 GB) in it for music, pictures, and movies. For the mos part 2 to 3 GB are often used between music, pictures, and videos I shoot with my phone. The remaining storage I use o la when I travel because I load movies to watch on the plane or during layovers.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2 on AT&T
    10-06-13 12:59 PM
    Fast fast update, A Hope!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:20 AM