Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By miketko
  • 1 Post By bbuser125
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How many use two devices?

I love, and I really do mean love (never felt this attached to a device), my Z10. However the music player is woefully poor and there are some bits of software (I hate referring to everything as apps) that I prefer from iOS. So I have bought a 4th gen iPod to bridge the gaps. I don't mind the iPod devices because the battery life has always been better than the iPhone. And as a device I have never been fond of the iPhone as a phone. It just didn't seem to be as solid as BlackBerry devices to me, personal preference.

So do any other people use two devices like I am going to?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Yes I do the same. I use the iPod for listening to music and the BlackBerry for everything else, mostly because of battery limitations.

Advances in battery technology have been slow. Any breakthroughs in this field will have a hugely positive effect.

I honestly find it hard to understand why people seem to think that the music player on the Z10 is bad. It's more responsive than the one on my ios devices, and isn't missing any features that I can see. What's wrong with it? :S
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

@radwon
    I feel that too. Though the battery life on the Z10 has been the best in a smart phone next to my old 9360. But the music player on this thing is poor and clumsy. I am sure it's fine for someone who just likes to have the odd track to listen to on a commute. But I just find it lackluster.

Good job it makes up for it on other aspects lol. Like having a virtual keyboard that works lol.

@invalid
    I think it's personal preference. There are no equalizers and I just find navigating it a pain. It's just a preference thing and as I said I love the device for other things.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

i use the GS3 and a 9810 in addition to my Z10.

i'm holding on to the 9810 for now because my memos didn't move over to the Z10 and i didn't copy them over to evernote before activating my Z10
    just so in love with my berry
    SR: 10.2.1.537

dumb phone->SonyEricsson P900->dumb phone->Storm 9530->Bold 9700->White Torch-2 9810->Grey Torch-2 9810->Black Z10 STL 100-1->64GB PB bridged to Black Z30 STA 100-2
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by critanime View Post
    . However the music player is woefully poor and there are some bits of software (I hate referring to everything as apps) that I prefer from iOS. So I have bought a 4th gen iPod to bridge the gaps.
    Heh, the app gap.. I have a backup iPhone 4S, Asus Transformer TF101, and a PlayBook. I basically use the Z10, and the PlayBook. Don't really miss any apps. But not a big music player. Curious if you've tried any third party players like Neutron MP and if so, what you think of them?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

I used to carry around an ipod but I don't anymore. Going to sell it, loaded my 200 CDs on my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

I have a BB 9650 for personal and a 9810 for work. The days of my MP3 players are long gone. I hope when I get to try the Z10 I find the media player good for music, its really important to me as I have about 3000 songs on my phone I listen to daily as well as audio books. If the music player cant make the cut, the decision to keep the Z10 will be an easy one for me. I hope that is not the case.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

I've been using two devices for just over a year. Started when I sold my 9900 and got a Galaxy S2. Was frustrated with the 9900 when it first came out, got a S2 but after three months, I repurchased the 9900 since I missed it too much. Generally, I used the 9900 more than the S2 but would use the S2 more on holidays since Google Maps is better (and I use that a lot on holidays).

After upgrading to both the Z10 and a Nexus 4, I found the balance more even than with the 9900 and the S2 and in fact tilted towards the Nexus 4. Reason being due to how email works on the Z10 vs. 9900 (can't keep emails on phone once removed on the server); lack of google maps (not for directions but for 'my maps' which I could still use on the 9900); previous lack of Whatsapp (which has now been fixed even if it isn't as good as the 9900 version); and a few other things (missing Endomondo or Runtastic). What kept me wanting to use the Nexus 4 more was in reality two main things, battery life (which sucks at about 7 hours) and signal strength (what good is a phone if you can't get a signal indoors?).

I think/hope that once I get a Q10, I can go back to just one device but that will only be if the stuff I use daily is available by then (or if not that a sideloaded version works without issues).
    -------------------------------------------
    Current: Nexus 5 | PlayBook 64GB
    Past: 9000 > 9700 > 9800 > 9780 > 9810 > 9900 > Z10 > Z30 | Galaxy S2 > Nexus 4 | GalaxyTab 10.1 > Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 FHD
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts

Love being able to drag and drop music files into my sd card. I'm done with iTunes.
    Oh and invest the $35 into an extra battery. I never worry about my battery life

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    cman5 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Maybe it's just me then. Certainly seems that way.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts

I used to carry my 9900 and my S3 around, my S3 was my multi media machine ie music, games and apps that i couldnt get on my 9900.

But since i got my Z10, my S3 is sat in a corner gathering dust as it serves absolutely no purpose to me anymore. As for music players for the Z10, i suggest the Op and other download neutron music player...it will make your Z10 come alive, in fact on my s3 i used poweramp and i compared both...poweramp and neutron and i preferred the sound quality of the Z10 with neutron. The UI isnt as nice and its pretty confusing at first but once you get your head around it, it really is the best music player app for the Z10.

Battery life?? before the latest update i struggling to get a days use out of my Z10 but since the update, my z10 easily gets me through the day. Usually before i go to bed, my battery is at around 20% then plug it into my charger and let it charge overnight. The Z10 battery is just as good, if not better than my S3 which has a bigger battery...go figure and it proves that the Z10 OS is far more efficient than Android.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Give me a custom EQ in the music player and I'll only carry the Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

My Z10 does everything for me. For music, Neutron works like a dream. It supports all of the formats I need, allows me to stream music from custom URLs and the equalizer is fantastic. All I need is to somehow make Neutron my default music application so that it launches automatically, instead of the native player when I connect my Z10 to my car.

The native application is good. I find that it outputs great sound and I do like the way it looks. But I find that it doesn't properly support my Album Artist tags properly in my collection so I get an album entry for every song in an album. There is also a lack of a list view when scrolling through your music. I prefer a view like that rather than the thumbnail view.

The only thing 'missing' from a multimedia standpoint is a way to playback live windows media streams as there are some streams I watch which use windows media video.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

You're not alone, I carry my Z10 with the new Ipod touch all the time!

However.. I use the Ipod touch solely for music. I would have bought the classic, but my previous one's hard disk went nuts on me and I decided to try something different.

I love the way iTunes organizes music, I've pretty much got all the fields filled for all my songs. Not so keen with BlackBerry's management of music.

Other than that, my Z10 has pretty much dominated and replaced every single device I own. It's a powerhouse of a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Black Z10
    Live&LetLive`.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by critanime View Post
    Maybe it's just me then. Certainly seems that way.

Posted via CB10
    Cheer up, it's not just you

Z10 & HTC One X uses here. I also have an ipad.

I use and enjoy all three.

The maximum data I can get on my plan with 02UK is 1GB. I get unlimited data on the X with 3UK. I run my ipad,which is wifi only, when at work or away from home via hotspot on the One X.

I run all three devices for 35 a month. Some pay that for just one phone on a contract.

I have been running 2 phones for several years now. I think I probably always will. I enjoy all the different OS's.
    CrackBerry User

Yes, several actually, though Z10 is my main business phone. I prefer the size of the iPod 5th generation and love iTunes. I still use my iPod every day. But I am buying music from BB World as well now. I also have an HTC One Android but use it very rarely.

Regarding the sound quality, you have to check out Neutron Music Player. It is available for Android and BB but not unfortunately for my iPod or it would be on it as well. Well worth the $5.
    Gnomesane likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I am using z10 for all my work n communications... the hub is just amazing. Currently also carrying n testing out the new HTC ONE, and it's a great multimedia device.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

I use my PlayBook and my BlackBerry phone...currently my 9810, but that will change Friday and it will be my Z10
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Addict

I agree! The main apps have to launch way faster! I mean why does the calculator take time to start the phone app is slow and whatsapp is faster than BBM! BlackBerry should take notice of these things! Oh and the copy and paste features are bad

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28F96ECA

Four, my Z10, 32G PB, 9900 (as a road alarm clock)and my 9860 (as a bedside alarm clock in a dock at home)
    Q10,Z10, WHITE 9900 and PlayBook 32Gig AND 1,000 BBRY shares.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,624 Global Posts

I use an ipod for music usually. But I really didnt think that the music software was that bad
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

I use the z10 for everything I need. I use lumia 920 for bank deposits until the app shows up on bb
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,500 Global Posts
    PIN
    There is no PIN.

I use an iPod Touch for working out. The smaller size compred to my GS3 is much nicer, but most importantly, it works with Nike+.
    It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.

-Sir Winston Churchill
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I use a Samsung Rugby 2 'Feature Phone' as issued by my office, and my Z10 for everything else save for home music and home web-surfing (playbook and gateway, thank you very much).

Working on getting a Q10 from my office next month! But I actually love carrying two devices.