I almost killed myself figuring out on installing any games/apps from the BB World to set it on my media card automatically by default. Is there any option for this? It's better for me to have them on my card as I have got 32GB rather than on my internal phone's memory.
    02-09-13 06:49 PM
    I don't believe you are able to install them on the SD card. The 16 gig memory is for apps, SD card is for music, movies, and photos.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 06:54 PM
    No, because then the card wouldn't be hot swappable, you would have issues with load times if a user has a low class card, etc. Even Android is moving away from cards for apps, and ios and Windows Phone don't allow it either. It would've been a horrible idea if BB10 allowed it. 16gb can be entirely used for apps and you have an SD slot for all your media.
    02-09-13 07:31 PM
    Ya.. no can do.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:34 PM
    I actually like the option of app2sd, but it isn't a deal breaker.
    02-09-13 07:35 PM
    What? Only 16gb for apps? I have a 64gb PB and its almost full! Most games are 1gb.. What the ****, man.
    02-10-13 11:15 AM
    What? Only 16gb for apps? I have a 64gb PB and its almost full! Most games are 1gb.. What the ****, man.
    Tell that to Google. My Nexus 4 has 16gb for apps and media. No way of expanding it. I honestly don't see how anyone can have more than 16gb (~13, actually) of apps on any phone. I think that since the Z10 has SD card for media, the internal memory is way more than enough for apps.
    02-10-13 11:16 AM
    Tell that to Google. My Nexus 4 has 16gb for apps and media. No way of expanding it. I honestly don't see how anyone can have more than 16gb (~13, actually) of apps on any phone. I think that since the Z10 has SD card for media, the internal memory is way more than enough for apps.
    If you're using cloud services for media, you have that much more for apps. Still, I agree.. 16gb is a LOT for apps. For me at least.
    02-10-13 03:18 PM
    If you COULD install your apps to SD, they'd suck anyway. I/O to the card is slower than it is to the device storage.
    selarka49 likes this.
    02-10-13 03:27 PM
    With the standard apps that come already loaded on the z10 and combined with the OS, how much space is remaining of the 16gb memory?
    02-10-13 03:37 PM
    With the standard apps that come already loaded on the z10 and combined with the OS, how much space is remaining of the 16gb memory?
    16gb? Someone correct me...
    02-10-13 03:44 PM
    16gb? Someone correct me...
    I was very wrong. I thought the 16gb was set apart. Seems this is more accurate: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...b-11gb-770275/
    02-10-13 03:46 PM
    Most games for BB Z10 are not 1GB. The largest game I DLed so far is 750MB. Most are sub 100MB.
    03-25-13 06:09 PM
    I have only 2 games over 1G. most are 200 MB or so. There is opportunities for all users to download applications and then un install the ones that are not essential and re-download them when they are needed. I have found that the download time on a 200 MB application is only 10- 15 seconds before they are ready to use. My old 9800,( R.I.P.) would sometimes take that long to open the browser.

CB10 App, Z10
    03-25-13 06:23 PM
    The playbook have way bigger games than the z10 cannot be compared as for memory usage at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 06:43 PM
    The real problem here is that if you are a DropBox user and you choose to "Pin DropBox", it automatically syncs all of your DropBox files to your Z10 but it will not sync them to the sdcard. It will only sync them to the device storage. Consequently, my 16 GB of onboard storage is all but gone. I am constantly getting notices that my memory is almost full. I actually don't know if it would even be possible for DropBox to sync to the sdcard because of how integrated into the OS DropBox is. I could see major issues if this were allowed and you swapped your sdcard.

As soon as a Z10 with 64 GB onboard hits the market (hopefully very soon) I will be selling this one and trading up. Oh, the price of living on the bleeding edge!
    03-25-13 06:49 PM
    I have 10gb of free space but I find myself avoiding downloading the big apps that are not necessary.
    03-25-13 06:56 PM
    the corporate idea is to have you use the $$$cloud$$$ as a storage extension to suck more data up and down stream (not counting all the app background data transfers) and then you use a lot more data and then pay more for it. I think lots of users would tolerate a bit slower app loading from sd card then paying for other storage. This is an essential part of the "share less for more money" strategy. 16 gb is really not that much data for apps and is more like 11 gb with os running. Don't expect BB to be any different - they are all the same now.
    03-30-13 05:16 PM
    As far as I know, apps are installed in a system directory that I don't have access rights to (unless the Z10 can be rooted in which I haven't heard any news about)

So, if they allowed apps to be installed on the SD card, there could be all sorts of permission complications...
    03-30-13 05:36 PM
    I hate apps to Sd. It makes the phone's performance slow on Android. Sd card is meant to store media files and not apps. I'm glad one cannot move apps to Sd in BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:38 PM
    At the moment we can't even get offline gps map data on the SD card, so a map of US/Canada takes 2gb of internal storage. I'm fine with apps in internal storage. Just let them store their data on sd.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:42 PM
    Can apps currently write data to the sd card?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:02 PM
    Can apps currently write data to the sd card?

Posted via CB10
    There are supposed to be api's to allow it but judging by the lack of options in any app to point to sd and the 0.1gb of data on my sd card doesn't look like anyone is making use of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:56 PM
    04-22-13 09:46 PM
    ok this may help some people but the option to move your android apps to the sd card is available in 1 mobile market app but once you do it the app will not work. i bring it up because not many ppl know about 1 mobile market and at least it has another option where you can back up ur Android files. what happens is that it repacks your apps back into apk files and saves them in misc/android/onemobile_backup folder. from there you can move them back and forth to ur sd card with the file manger and also save them on ur comp. you can use the mobile market app to go threw them and install them as well. plus this good for backing up apps before updateing them just in case the updates dont work with bb10 u will be able to keep old versions of apps. if you back date your phone i found out 2 things once you restore it. first thing is that if you planning on filling up 16gb of apps you will not be able to restore it. i couldnt get a back up file restored that was 8gbs. the other thing is that non of your android apps will even show up after you restore your phone so by backing them up that folder should still be saved and you can sideload in the one mobile market app and install everything that way. i have snap installed on my phone but i can confirm that there are more apps on mobile market and some apps that dont work from snap work from mobile market, i keep both to play it safe plus with one mobile market you can also download Amazon app store and get there free daily apps. if anyone ever needs help getting there blackberry phone working with a bunch of Android apps or need the bar files for one mobile market and snap to sideload in your phone or need the apks for the google services just tweet me @jpreziose and figure it out from there.
    04-27-14 06:53 AM