How to Identify Carrier on z10?
A friend just sent me a z10 from Canada, but I have no idea which carrier the phone is locked to (no sim card or identification on the box).
With previous phones you could press Alt+Cap+H and get the carrier ID.
Is something similar possible with the z10? Or does anyone know how I can identify which carrier this phone is locked to?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
The phone was purchased by a friend of a friend and I want to have it unlocked asap...
If I can't do it from the phone then I'll try to get in contact with the guy who bought it.
But if I could identify it from the phone itself that would be best.
- 02-07-13, 10:31 AM #7
- 02-07-13, 01:16 PM #9
Also, how much did he pay for it (in CDN dollars)?
We can narrow down the provider that way.
If you really have to, call the number on the receipt and ask them to look it up with the receipt/invoice number.
- 02-07-13, 03:56 PM #12
- 02-07-13, 04:04 PM #13
Neither seems likely and of course this is different from all past blackberries and every other phone on the market.
- 02-07-13, 04:14 PM #15
"After unlocking my Wind BB, I use it on T-Mobile. When the phone boots up, it has the Wind splashscreen"
So that is the opposite of what you are saying.
Another quote from your link:
"either it gets it from the SIM and some inbuilt library or it downloads it once it can get on the network"
So if that is the case then since this phone has never had a SIM in it (or at least not an active one) then is should show the boot screen of the original carrier like I said.
- By viscafe in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-13, 04:26 PM
- By FigureThisOut in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 51Last Post: 05-01-12, 01:36 PM
- By Stro87 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 11-22-11, 02:36 AM
- By COCOADIVA8 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 6Last Post: 09-09-11, 06:31 PM
- By BBA in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 09-10-09, 02:39 PM