I love the BB10 but have some suggestions for the phone functionality that would make me love it more. I feel that things are available but not always available in a single move or behaves intuitively. I know some of these things can be done in a couple move but I'm talking about simplicity at its best. Votes or other ideas?

1. The phone needs to be available no matter what screen I am on. If I'm in the hub, I want to be able to quickly dial. If I'm on the lock page, I want to be able to quickly dial. Would like a nice little phone icon on both or some form of swipe action. If I can access the camera without unlock the unit, why not the phone?

2. I would like my favorite contacts in a seperate area than my missed calls. Seems out of place. This should either have a dedicated screen (contacts, call history, favorites, dial pad) or in contacts.

3. Would like to be able to default which screen my phone lands on when I press the phone button. i.e. press the phone button and I go to the dial pad or the contacts. I don't like going to the call history by default, I prefer being at the dial pad. Or at least remember what I did last when I closed the phone. The call history is available if I want it in the hub.

4. Would like to be able to switch between my phone screens with a swipe action and not a button action. Left and right for quicker access to contacts, call history and dial pad. The natural position for my thumb is not the bottom of the screen but the middle. Would be better to be able to swipe quickly. This would make my item number 3 above less important.

5. Why can't I reorganize my favorite contacts? Once you set it, you are stuck with the order. There also seem to be a limit on the total number of favorites (9)

6. When adding favorites, sometimes it doesn't use the contact that you selected but instead another contact with the same number. Example: Tried to add my mother to the favorite but it selected my dad instead. Same house same number but I wanted it to show as mom.

7. When I make a call wouldn't it be great if gave you a dial pad with the other buttons? This gives me the option to put in passwords or extensions. Right now when I dial voicemail, I have to then switch to the dial pad to enter the password. Or at least give me the left and right swipe.

I posted some these in another thread but I think I overwhelmed the topic with too many ideas (long post). Will see if this works better and then will add some other ideas under another topic.
    03-07-13 11:15 PM
    If I can access the camera without unlock the unit, why not the phone?
    Security. Having access to the phone generally implies having access to contact information.
    03-07-13 11:35 PM
    Agreed but if I have no password on the phone, the current swipe upwards unlocks and provides full access anyway. Right now, I don't password protect.

Note that the phone would behave the same way it does now, if you try to access the phone with password on and it prompts for the password before giving access to the phone unless you want to make an emergency call.
    03-07-13 11:47 PM