Now, this thread is NOT to start bashing our carriers around the globe. Please, do not do that. This thread is to get an idea to see if carriers and the carrier reps are doing a proper job in selling and offering support for the new BlackBerry Z10. So let's hear it CrackBerry Nation, how has your experience been? What could the carrier and their reps work on? What are they doing that is good, and what is it that they are doing bad. When posting in this thread please do not name employees, but just state the carrier and location.

My experience has been with TELUS mobility at the Pickering Ontario store, and the rep was amazing. He didn't know too much about the device as it was day one, but he didn't bash the phone when he didn't know the answer, he found the answer. So, I would say that they are doing a good job, at this location.

**UPDATE: This thread is all about the pre purchase and post purchase experience. Not about carrier issues, not pushing updates. All about how they sales rep and store have been with support during and after you bought your Z10. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zach Gilbert; 03-12-13 at 09:40 AM. Reason: update
    03-12-13 08:37 AM
    Awful! I bought the handset SIM free in the UK, and I have an existing agreement with Vodafone. I was charged for the postage of the micro SIM needed and then it has gone from bad to worse with various calls trying to sort out various issues. I have now lost my mobileemail.vodafone.net email address as they deleted it, and I cannot send MMS messages. Customer service isn't their strong point when they outsource and you need to go off-script!! I had no issues with Voda before this, so I am disappointed that they have been so unhelpful with technical and seemingly easy issues to resolve.
    03-12-13 09:14 AM
    Sorry to hear about those issues :s. Hopefully you are able to get them sorted out, but in this thread we want to keep it directly to the experience with the device itself, and how your carrier is providing service for the Z10, not your carrier services like mms, sms, etc.

But I really hope they can help you there!
    03-12-13 09:22 AM
    Network carrier : EE / Orange
    Experience thus far : absolutely dreadful.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:26 AM
    I'm with tmobile UK here and so far absolutely nothing in the way of updates for the os. Luckily for me I have a sim free z10 so used a voda sim to update.

For a network Tmobile/EE really are useless and I hope blackberry do something about their non committal to os updates etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:35 AM
    Network carrier : EE / Orange
    Experience thus far : absolutely dreadful.
    Anything specific?
    03-12-13 09:41 AM
    Unfortunately as I have already mentioned before in other threads, in Vodafone GR they don't have a clue about Z10. In less than 10 days my Z10 arrives from the UK and I am still trying to figure out what I should do.
    Do I need to change my data plan from rim to regular?
    do I need to increase the plan?
    since I bought stl100-2, will I get to have some fun with 4g?

they simply do not know (yet).
    Z10 seems to be very far from here at the time.
    03-12-13 09:42 AM
    I'm with tmobile UK here and so far absolutely nothing in the way of updates for the os. Luckily for me I have a sim free z10 so used a voda sim to update.

For a network Tmobile/EE really are useless and I hope blackberry do something about their non committal to os updates etc.
    Please remember that this thread is about direct sales experiences and not carrier topics like not pushing updates. Lets talk about how they were during the sale, and after the sale at a store level.
    03-12-13 09:42 AM
    Unfortunately as I have already mentioned in Vodafone GR they don't have a clue about Z10. In less than 10 days my Z10 arrives and I am still trying to figure out what I should do.
    Do I need to change my data plan from rim to regular?
    do I need to increase the plan?
    since I bought stl100-2, will I get to have some fun with 4g?

thdy simply do not know (yet).
    One thing I can help you with is the issue with if you need to change from a BlackBerry (BIS) plan, to a normal data plan. As we posted in a review regarding the change from BBOS to BlackBerry 10 you do NOT need a BlackBerry data plan. But, if you are currently on one, staying on it won't hurt your phone or network experience.
    akavbb likes this.
    03-12-13 09:44 AM
    Starhub Singapore is not pushing the latest updates. Other operators have already pushed the updated os except Starhub. The customer service staff informed me that the update will be pushed only by this weekend. Not complaining but it would be great if the os updates are seem less.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:45 AM
    thanks for the quick reply. will I have compression if I keep the bis? or will I drain it in no time?
    03-12-13 09:46 AM
    thanks for the quick reply. will I have compression if I keep the bis? or will I drain it in no time?
    From what I know there is no more compression like we had on BBOS devices. So if you have a small data plan you could potentially go over the allowed data quite quick.
    akavbb likes this.
    03-12-13 09:48 AM
    The network is sporty at best, the customer service is diabolical, and they are still yet to make the most recent updates available on their update servers. I almost switched to o2 at the last minute in the order process. I should have gone with my gut instinct. The EE network is awful, too many dark spots, and i have never had so many complaints about me missing calls from people when my phone didn't even ring.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:52 AM
    Please remember that this thread is about direct sales experiences and not carrier topics like not pushing updates. Lets talk about how they were during the sale, and after the sale at a store level.
    Sorry in that case, I bought mine from phones 4 u here in the UK and I was impressed with the guy who sold me one. Spent a good hour or so talking and I ended up showing him a few things that I picked up from here ie tips and tricks. He was himself interested in the z10. He did say that they have been flying off the shelves here, said the other week he had some guy come in and buy 10 of them offline.

Also mentioned to him that he should have their display model running without the retail mode on as that puts people off from buying it. Ended up convincing his manager to take it off retail mode.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 09:54 AM
    Bell Canada. Great in-store experience when purchased for myself on launch day and a couple of weeks later for my wife. The reps were enthusiastic about the phone, had it displayed prominently, and the store manager was using it as her daily driver (she told us this, and it was later confirmed when we saw her sending some texts during some downtime on our second visit). Haven't had to go back to the store for any sort of after-sales service, so can't comment on that.

I know you're not looking for info on updates and such, but to me that is such a big part of the carrier experience that it shouldn't be ignored. So I'm going to note here how Bell was a week behind the others with the update, and how they still haven't released their Mobile TV app for the Z10.
    03-12-13 09:56 AM
    I bought mine one week ago from Koodo inside Carrefour Laval mall (greater Montreal area). 2 weeks ago I had gone in to get one but they were out of stock and told me they would receive a shipment the week after. My questions were answered courteously. The week later I went in to buy the device.. This time they had it in stock and a woman served me.

I asked if they had the z10 in stock.. she said yes and I said okay I'm buying one. She gave me no problems and simply filled out my order. The only thing she asked was if I'd ever used the device before.. I thought she said that because she wanted to make sure that's what I wanted but she asked only because she wanted to make sure I knew how to use the device and was going to teach me how to use it if I didn't know how.. I said I had used it before and would be fine.

She finished the order promptly and I was out with my new z10.. they even offered me a newer and better plan to go with it which I ended up taking and the whole thing lasted about 7 minutes. I would call it a pleasant experience.
    03-12-13 10:36 AM
    My experience has been excellent.

My personal device is with Bell, my wide and I both bought our Z10 on launch day, white for her and black for myself.

Sales people were great, they knew enough about the Z10 to explain any potential device transfer issues we might have.

My black beauty has been flawless and I've had no issues at all.

My wife's "White Princess" on the other hand was a different story.

She had the contact transfer problem
    Bbm problems
    Link issues
    And a few other glitches
    Bells tech support was very good at detecting hers was a software issue, and promptly directed her to Blackberry tech support.

Chris, was the guys name at BB who walked her through (very patiently) resolving all her issues. He even contacted us for a few days to make sure all was good.

Very pleased with our experience with Bell and long blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Carmels likes this.
    03-12-13 11:10 AM
    Oh geez, sorry no edit feature on CB app, I have to correct my "Wide" typo!

Wife not wide, she'll kill me if she sees that..shes a member of the forums too.

Posted via CB10
    H4zN likes this.
    03-12-13 11:13 AM
    I had no intention of upgrading to the Z10 the day I walked into the mall. LONG story short, Wireless Wave bought my 9900 for $150 and Rogers waived all of the upgrade fees. I was only into my contract for 10 months! I have been with Rogers for over 7 years and have no issued that weren't resolved. Any issues I've had were small ones too. I'm very happy with Rogers.

From Z to U via CB10
    Last edited by 3xberry; 03-12-13 at 12:07 PM.
    03-12-13 11:17 AM
    My experience with Telus in Edmonton has been good. The store offered two free 45 minute training sessions. I used them to transfer all the data from my old phone and to learn the basics.

It's been almost a laugh to read some of the ridiculous complaints on this forum based on nothing more than the users lack of familiarity with the new phone.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    03-12-13 11:21 AM
    Definitely seems to be a mixed review on the knowledge of carrier employees. Also a little bit of negative sediment to the BlackBerry brand.
    03-13-13 06:27 AM
    Not great. I've been unhappy with data app dropouts and delays since purchase, but each time I talk to a Vodafone UK tech 'expert' I get a different idea. Often, they say they haven't come across the problem, then one will have new APN settings, then the next one (instore) will say that the factory defaults are correct and restore those. All very boring, but it's not like I wasn't warned - instore advice to just buy an iphone.
    03-13-13 06:36 AM
    My experience has been with Bell and The Source in Bracebridge. The staff was super excited to get their hands on the device and to help get it set up. For some reason Bell was late delivering the pre order devices, so I got mine a few days after launch which was upsetting. I have called their customer support for LTE coverage issues and had a pretty good experience. I would say though that I had more working knowledge of the device then most of the employees, however they were happy to learn what I showed them in the store. Overall the experience has been good for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:39 AM
    Awful! I bought the handset SIM free in the UK, and I have an existing agreement with Vodafone. I was charged for the postage of the micro SIM needed and then it has gone from bad to worse with various calls trying to sort out various issues. I have now lost my mobileemail.vodafone.net email address as they deleted it, and I cannot send MMS messages. Customer service isn't their strong point when they outsource and you need to go off-script!! I had no issues with Voda before this, so I am disappointed that they have been so unhelpful with technical and seemingly easy issues to resolve.
    I had the opposite experience with Vodafone uk, they sent me the micro sim free of charge and everything just worked. Yes, you lose the mobile email account but that's not their fault, BlackBerry have stopped it.
    03-13-13 07:14 AM
    In my case I new more about th phone than the sales rep. Then again they had only just got them in the store, absolutely zero advertising for the Z10. So you had to be in the know to know it was available.
    I am with Singtel in Singapore.

Mike posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:17 AM
31 12