The facebook app doesn't seem to have chat. What's the easiest most convenient way to use fb chat? If I have the facebook mobile open in active frames will it alert me when i get a message? Or is there any GOOD facebook chat apps?
    04-02-13 01:32 AM
    The hub?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 03:13 AM
    I unchecked all that when installing the fb app because I don't want fb coming to my phone but the odd occasion i want to use fb chat. Does chat come real time to the hub or do just facebook messages come to the hub? i assume it doesn't work for chat because where would you see who's available/online atnd such.
    04-02-13 04:42 AM
    facebook chat and messages is pretty much the samething. Facebook combined those two a long time ago. You will not be able to see who is on in the hub and also the hub only updates 30min. Your best bet would be to download a standalone facebook chat app
    04-02-13 04:49 AM
    My hub updates Facebook immediately as new notifications come in. I'm not sure why yours is only coming in every half an hour.

You can't see who is online in the hub, but you can definitely send and receive messages in real time through the hub. If you want the full chat experience, you'll need to use the mobile website through the browser for now.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    04-02-13 05:38 AM
    I get notifications right away in the hub, but when I type a reply, it doesn't do anything. It used to show a red clock, but it doesn't even do that now. In the Facebook app, if you're in the messaging area, it doesn't refresh new messages. I get the alert in the hub, and the led goes off, but the message doesn't show up, unless I swipe out of the Facebook messages area to go back to the main Facebook screen, then when I go back to the chat with that person, their message is updated. Sadly, that's what I've resorted to. I really hope that Facebook will bring out a chat app for BB10 already like they did for the old bb's or maybe BlackBerry will add chat support in the fb app. It's really annoying to have to do this as of now, so thank goodness for whatsapp.
    bluetroll likes this.
    04-02-13 07:21 AM
    I had the same issue with FB after I did the last update to the app. It completely screwed up my Hub integration on the phone. No FB friends pictures would show up in messages, I could receive but not respond to them, and when looking at my FB friends through my contacts app, some friends didn't even show up.

The solution I found, which sucks, by the way, was to log out of FB, delete the app, log into FB again and re-download the app. Then I had to keep my contacts app open so that all my friends could be linked back in properly. Everything works fine again now. I'm not sure why the latest update screwed things up so much, but I had zero problems up to that point.

JB
    04-02-13 07:39 AM
    I have not found chat either. It was not combined with messages like someone said.

BlackBerry needs to get FB up to speed soon.

Tim

Posted using a BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-13 07:49 AM
    It's not "combined" with the messages, the chat client and the messages client are essentially the same thing (as in, chat messages are also sent as regular FB messages). So any "chat" that you have can be carried on either in the chat client on the website, or through the messages portion in the app/hub. The only thing you are missing is the ability to see whether someone is online or not. You don't "need" a chat client in order to carry on a chat with a friend of yours on FB, as that can be done in the messages portion.

JB
    04-02-13 08:08 AM
    Yah, i'm not just looking to send and receive messages or i'd just use the app. I want chat open so i can see in real time who is online and have my chat pop up rather than having it coming through the messages in the app, as if i was on the PC. The FB app for my os7 had a chat portion that you could leave on and see who was online which was cool. Right now it looks like you can just do it in mobile in the broswer but as soon as you minimize the app into active frames you don't get notified of a new message until you open the browser up again. some sort of little simple fb chat app would be nice.
    04-02-13 08:44 AM
    Absolutely it would - be patient, I'm sure it's coming.

JB
    ShaneN. likes this.
    04-02-13 08:48 AM
    But JB keep saying it's coming, BlackBerry 10 now 7 months old, when live online 10 Facebook chat and list is coming? Soon?!!!
    07-27-13 01:14 AM
    I added a home screen link to the Web browser's Facebook chat. Works well!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-27-13 02:22 AM