Greetings, I'm curious to know how or if there is a way to auto-capitalize your contact names when you are typing a message or anything related to typing in general. Sometimes when I'm typing my name "Mohsin" it'll capitalize it other times it will not. Many of my other contacts are also not capitalized when i write them. At one point i tried to get the phone to always write WhatsApp like this. It did when i was writing it over and over again in the pre-installed Docs To Go app but when i saved it and closed it, it stopped writing as "WhatsApp" and instead wrote as "whatsapp" In the end i just made a short cut "wa" to write WhatsApp but that's so annoying that it won't do it. I'm going to have to make shortcuts for all my contacts then!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    04-12-13 04:20 AM
    Settings, language and inputs, automated assistance, word substitution, type in name an use capitalization.

Edit I think that might make it all capitalized. Just do this.

blah turns into Blah. Done!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:22 AM
    Also you can just hold a key for a capital letter and alternate characters, this is a beautiful implementation that is even nicer than a bbOS7 hard keyboard. It's not automatic like you are looking for but far superior to ioS or Android. The bbOS10 onscreen keyboard is really top notch.
    04-12-13 07:26 AM
    You can also use auto correct.

I use "zz" to type my full name "zx" for the short form.

Holding the key for an extra moment also capitalizes individual letters.

Via my Z10
    04-12-13 07:44 AM
    Mine does it automatically? Haha

Posted via Telstra Z10 on CB10
    04-12-13 07:45 AM
    Also you can just hold a key for a capital letter and alternate characters, this is a beautiful implementation that is even nicer than a bbOS7 hard keyboard. It's not automatic like you are looking for but far superior to ioS or Android. The bbOS10 onscreen keyboard is really top notch.
    yeah however, the only problem with this method is that the keypress is like 1 second long. i recall on android you could make it like 300ms. that way you can type fast and not worry about it not capitalizing. i guess i'll just add shortcuts to all my contacts :S
    04-12-13 12:40 PM