I just bought my new Bb Z10 yesterday evening and the company helped me activate and install it. This afternoon at work, i decided to go through the settings and inputed my regular password for the phone which i set to lock it after 1 minute. I even confirmed the password. Lo and behold, it locked and i entered my password but it said "incorrect password". I am pretty sure of this my password, probably i must have touched an alphabet while confirming the password. This is my first time of using touchscreen phones, i love the phone but i really need help here. Is there a way i can get the password from my yahoomail or something? Kindly help me
    08-30-13 10:17 AM
    You have 10 tries before it's permanently locked. If you're no-where near that, make sure that the letters pop up when you tap them and then carefully input it again. Don't keep trying after 8 tries!
    08-30-13 10:21 AM
    If this is your device lock, it should tell you that you have ten tries and then... well, what will happen is your current data will be wiped -- as if you had done a security wipe. After the tenth bad password the phone will then be available as if out of the box. If you have forgotten the password I do not see an alternative.

(OK, now the rest of this thread will be dedicated to accusing you of having a hot phone.)
    08-30-13 10:22 AM
    If this is your device lock, it should tell you that you have ten tries and then... well, what will happen is your current data will be wiped -- as if you had done a security wipe. After the tenth bad password the phone will then be available as if out of the box. If you have forgotten the password I do not see an alternative.
    thanks. i have tried 8 times cuz i was pretty sure. I mean, this is the same password i was using for my former bb curve so i didnt want any complications and i used the same one. When you mean all data will be lost, is there a way i can sync my data with my laptop first, more like back it up, then try 2 more times to release the phone. I was just beginning to love this phone
    08-30-13 10:29 AM
    thanks. i have tried 8 times cuz i was pretty sure. I mean, this is the same password i was using for my former bb curve so i didnt want any complications and i used the same one. When you mean all data will be lost, is there a way i can sync my data with my laptop first, more like back it up, then try 2 more times to release the phone. I was just beginning to love this phone
    I doubt you can now back anything up as that would defeat the entire security concept. But, you can try. I have a device lock and a SIM lock and have not had any issues, so imagine it's... user error? It's still a great phone.
    08-30-13 10:38 AM
    okay thanks. i'll visit the store where i got it soon to find out what can be done. I will also save the 2 remaining tries. I guess thats my only alternative now
    08-30-13 10:41 AM
    okay thanks. i'll visit the store where i got it soon to find out what can be done. I will also save the 2 remaining tries. I guess thats my only alternative now
    I believe they will tell you, you are SOL. If you've got anything on your SD card I'd pull it though I don't think it goes after the SD card.

Change or remove your device password - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
    08-30-13 10:53 AM