So I decided to familiarize myself with the Blackberry Protect feature just in case my phone was lost or stolen. Worked great. It showed its current location on a map. Made a really annoying sound. Displayed a message on the screen and locked it with a password. Now for the stupid question. How do I turn it off? Every time I swipe up I have to enter my password before I can use it. That got old real fast.

So far...
    I deleted the BB Protect account on the website.
    I rebooted the phone
    Toggled off/on the the BB Protect flag under Settings.

What did I miss?
    04-04-13 11:06 AM
    The password has nothing to do with protect. You can have protect running without a password. You can change your password setting independently in system settings. Personally, I have my password only come on if I haven't used the phone for 1 hour.
    04-04-13 11:07 AM
    You've turned on your password. Go Settings ----> security and privacy ----> Device password ----> toggle to OFF
    04-04-13 11:09 AM
    I finally found the answer. Thanks guys

Click Manage Devices.
    Beside the device that you want to remove, click Archive.
    Click OK.
    04-04-13 11:13 AM
    I finally found the answer. Thanks guys

Click Manage Devices.
    Beside the device that you want to remove, click Archive.
    Click OK.
    That's not the right answer though. The question you asked had nothing to do with BB Protect. It was just a regular password setting, as I mentioned in my previous post.
    04-04-13 11:21 AM
    I'd strongly recommend leaving BBProtect on, and just disabling the password for now. Protect allows you to lock the phone with a password remotely, but it just stays on until you get the phone back, enter the password and disable it.
    04-04-13 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD