I keep getting the notice "Device storage almost full, consider moving or deleting existing files."

I put in a media card but can't find how to transfer files to it. Is there a way to do it through the phone or do I have to do it through the computer?
    07-07-14 12:22 PM
    Move a file

• Touch and hold a file or folder.
    • Tap .
    • Navigate to where you want to move the file. To choose multiple files to move tap the How do I transfer files to media card?-mwa1346860577674_lowres_en-us.png icon.
    • Tap Move.

Move it to wherever you wish, in your case your SD card.
    07-07-14 12:43 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. When I hold a file all that happens is everything pulses and some have delete icons, no other choices.
    07-07-14 12:59 PM
    what are you trying to move?
    07-07-14 01:43 PM
    Thanks Bla1ze. When I hold a file all that happens is everything pulses and some have delete icons, no other choices.
    That allows you to move ICONS around on the screen page or to other pages for ICONS. You need to move FILES. So open the File Manager app and then follow the advice.

Although, if you are going to move stuff, it can be easier on a computer using Win's explorer (or mac version). Larger screen and sometimes easier tools.
    07-07-14 01:48 PM
    You have to do this in the file manager app. Not the main app grid - those are just icons for apps, not actual files that can be moved.

What are you trying to move?

Remember that you can't move apps to an SD card, only user files like pictures, music, or document files you might download/save to your device. You browse to those in the file manager like you would in Windows.

Posted via CB10

I see F2 posted a similar response right before me.
    07-07-14 01:48 PM
    I was trying to move all my photos to the card to free up space. Now nothing is working The hub is frozen, stuck on "Preparing Blackberry Hub" and keeps flashing.
    I give up
    07-07-14 08:00 PM
    Sorry, meant to add that the file manager won't work, nothing happens when I click on it.

I have shut the phone down, pulled the battery, the hub keeps trying to load.
    07-07-14 08:02 PM
    This is where you need to be for starters
    How do I transfer files to media card?-img_20140707_180227.png
    Have you found this 2nd icon from the left?
    Attachment 283719
    @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    07-07-14 08:03 PM
    Did you properly format your SD card before first use? You can also change your default location for saving pictures. I also have all my videos saved to my SD card. I'm using a SanDisk 64 SD mini-SD if I recall correctly. My phone performed the formatting. While in File manager notice the button in the bottom left hand corner. It probably says device. Tap it. A vertical menu appears on the left. Your choices should say. Device, media card (that's your SD card) and maybe Dropbox or something else if you have those set up as well. If you don't see media card, your SD card isn't properly recognized.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:10 PM
    Just plug the phone into the computer and move the files that way
    07-08-14 06:15 AM