Hey , my older Z10 bought in Aug 13 had collapsed suddenly . Thanks to Research in Motion that they have replaced it with newer one . However , inspite of having full back up of my older device I am not able to restore it from my lappy .

The restore starts and stops saying "RESTORE DID NOT COMPLETE - There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore . Verify that the device is turned on and connected ".

Can any one suggest ....how to restore the data .
    04-18-14 01:31 AM
    Hey , my older Z10 bought in Aug 13 had collapsed suddenly . Thanks to Research in Motion that they have replaced it with newer one . However , inspite of having full back up of my older device I am not able to restore it from my lappy .

The restore starts and stops saying "RESTORE DID NOT COMPLETE - There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore . Verify that the device is turned on and connected ".

If you still haven't been able to restore using BB Link, I'd suggest you try Sachesi. Sachesi, amongst it's other uses, is able to backup and restore using the same .bbb file format as BB Link. I have successfully restored BB Link backups with Sachesi that Link couldn't. It's not guaranteed, but it may help. Give it a try, and let us know how it turns out.
    the OS running on your new device must be newer than what you had on the dead unit for restore to work. just update your new device to the 10.2.1.xxxx

there are workarounds but its for the techies
    04-18-14 03:43 AM

If you still haven't been able to restore using BB Link, I'd suggest you try Sachesi. Sachesi, amongst it's other uses, is able to backup and restore using the same .bbb file format as BB Link. I have successfully restored BB Link backups with Sachesi that Link couldn't. It's not guaranteed, but it may help. Give it a try, and let us know how it turns out.
    04-18-14 07:53 AM